• Breaking News

    Friday, May 22, 2020

    Home security: Looking to replace this with something that can do the same thing since i cant find them anymore. I like that when they sense something it makes a sound and turn on my flood lights in two locations.

    Home security: Looking to replace this with something that can do the same thing since i cant find them anymore. I like that when they sense something it makes a sound and turn on my flood lights in two locations.


    Looking to replace this with something that can do the same thing since i cant find them anymore. I like that when they sense something it makes a sound and turn on my flood lights in two locations.

    Posted: 21 May 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    QUESTION: Quality difference

    Posted: 22 May 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    I just upgraded an older set of Lorex cams to a set of Defeway cams. The Lorex cams had 720p while the Defeway ones have 1080p.

    There dosen't seem to be much difference in the quality of the picture between the 2 brands, and I do not understand why I am not seeing anywhere near the quality of the nest or ring brand of cameras when the ones I have should be close to the same picture quality. On paper anyway.

    The monitor I am using is an 10 plus year old 1080p tv that I have had lying around.

    Would the tv be the problem? Am I missing some setting, or is this just a get what you pay for kind of thing

    submitted by /u/KayakingHedgehog
    [link] [comments]

    Lifetime of hardwired smoke detectors?

    Posted: 22 May 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    I have a bunch of Napco FW-4 smoke detectors wired into my alarm system that were installed about 15 years. Do these (or any smoke detectors) have a fixed lifetime, eg do they need to be replaced?

    submitted by /u/lawrencenathan
    [link] [comments]

    Coax vs. Ethernet for Security Cameras?

    Posted: 22 May 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    I just got a quote for a camera system today, and the salesman told me that coax cables can now do 4k resolution and are cheaper, just as good alternatives to ethernet for security cameras. He said there was no real reason to go for ethernet anymore and recommended coax for our system.

    All of the research that I did online before I contacted him was on ethernet-based cameras, so I'm just curious as to what you guys think about it. Is coax really a better option nowadays?

    submitted by /u/theracurmin
    [link] [comments]

    Lifetime of hardwired smoke detectors?

    Posted: 22 May 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    I have a bunch of Napco FW-4 smoke detectors wired into my alarm system that were installed about 15 years. Do these (or any smoke detectors) have a fixed lifetime, eg do they need to be replaced?

    submitted by /u/lawrencenathan
    [link] [comments]

    Contacted Guardian Protection about activing the pre-existing alarm system, $800 to add two exterior cameras and a video doorbell and $69 a month for monitoring...

    Posted: 21 May 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    Opinions of this offer? Currently the wired system (Concord 4) has coverage for the front door, garage door, and two sliding doors (but no glass breakage), one motion detector, smoke / CO2 detectors, and all of the ground floor windows. They said this offer was due to a soft credit check (790ish FICO). One annoying thing, is I asked for the information to be emailed to me so I can read all the details of the agreement which they still have not 2 days later. Also, the agreement is for 60 months, but we plan to be in the home until retirement age (about another 18 years down the road). Thanks in advance for any advice!

    submitted by /u/AtypicalResident
    [link] [comments]

    College and Protecting Items

    Posted: 21 May 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    This upcoming fall semester I will be going to college and I was wondering how I can keep my valuables and sensitive information kept safe. I can't bolt a safe into the dorms and a lockbox could easily "walk away" if someone knew where it was.

    submitted by /u/Enigmapuzzle
    [link] [comments]

    Reasonably priced outdoor completely wireless cameras? No way to run Ethernet to some areas.

    Posted: 21 May 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    I need some battery powered outdoor cameras (4-5) for the house. Battery to last 3-4 months minimum would be great (ladders and myself don't mix). I know PoE is the way to go, but I rent this house and some areas are also very difficult to run Ethernet to.

    I was looking at Arlo pro 3 but it is very expensive when you get into the amount of cameras I need.

    Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/SilentAssaultX
    [link] [comments]

    Dahua Security Camera Help (License plates)

    Posted: 21 May 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    Hey guys I recently bought a dahua camera and need help adjusting it for license plates. The road to the entrance of my neighborhood is kinda wide so I can't zoom in to one side because it won't capture all the cars. I have my camera pointing directly at the entrance probably 8-9 feet above the ground.

    picture of the car at night & settings:

    https://imgur.com/a/LJ6h8Bf

    I don't really know what I should do to fix it. It gets some of the plates.

    Thank you guys :D

    submitted by /u/fatpotato25
    [link] [comments]

    Google Play Protect SUSPENDED all our apps, people's homes aren't safe...

    Posted: 21 May 2020 11:36 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment