• Breaking News

    Friday, May 22, 2020

    Home security: Is there a surveillance camera that I can connect directly to my phone by USB?

    Home security: Is there a surveillance camera that I can connect directly to my phone by USB?


    Is there a surveillance camera that I can connect directly to my phone by USB?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a mobile night-vision camera that doesn't have to be installed where I can plug the camera into my phone, and it can send alerts to the phone through USB where I get a sound notification if there's motion detection. Basically the same as an IP camera system (to my knowledge), but with a phone plugged in.

    For context: I have a cabin out in the middle of nowhere, so I don't have internet or WiFi out there. But there are bears in the area, and my cabin hasn't been bear-proofed yet, and I want a camera with motion sensing that can send me a sound alert to my phone through my (very long) USB cable.

    submitted by /u/livelifelove123
    [link] [comments]

    People's homes aren't safe...

    Posted: 21 May 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    Dahua Security Camera Help (License plates)

    Posted: 21 May 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    Hey guys I recently bought a dahua camera and need help adjusting it for license plates. The road to the entrance of my neighborhood is kinda wide so I can't zoom in to one side because it won't capture all the cars. I have my camera pointing directly at the entrance probably 8-9 feet above the ground.

    picture of the car at night & settings:

    https://imgur.com/a/LJ6h8Bf

    I don't really know what I should do to fix it. It gets some of the plates.

    Thank you guys :D

    submitted by /u/fatpotato25
    [link] [comments]

    Door handle advice

    Posted: 21 May 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    I have a fortified walk-in closet in my master bedroom. It has a steel security door and steel door frame. The door handle is trashy and when we had the house rekeyed, I had the locksmith disable the lock in the handle. I now have several items that I want to keep secure. What do you recommend for an interior door handle?

    submitted by /u/RagingKiltedMars
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor 24/7 Camera - No Network - 12V and USB

    Posted: 21 May 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    Looking for a camera suitable for mounting on a hunting stand to monitor game and to help document or prevent theft of trail cameras (already happened). The goal is for the camera to operate 24/7 with IR at night, while recording to an SD card, with the card being switched weekly for playback review. I have a 100 watt solar panel with 20A controller, and I'll be getting a battery suitable for maintaining charge over periods of bad weather and overnight.

    I was going to use a Wyze cam due to cost, but realized that without any access to WiFi without bringing the camera back home, it may not be ideal. If they can record without updates or interaction, that would be fine, but I need to do some testing.

    Any cameras more suitable under say $80-100?

    submitted by /u/Marbleman60
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment