• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 26, 2020

    Home security: Help for a remote location

    Home security: Help for a remote location


    Help for a remote location

    Posted: 26 May 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    I own a house up north that's a small one room cabin.

    Recently there have been subtle things changing inside the house like items being moved, chairs pulled out, or shades being down bring me to believe that someone is using it.

    I would love to install a security system but there are a couple of problems such as no electricity and a weak cellphone connection. I was wondering if there were any security systems, or measures that I could put in plan to get notified if someone is there. Such as a motion device or things along those lines. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

    submitted by /u/biolmcb
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have experience with Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    Strange camera with potential to be IP camera

    Posted: 26 May 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I obtained one strange Amazon-Chinese camera and I am trying to use it as IP camera, instead their shitty software.

    So, software it uses is: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/konecam/id1343690690

    And camera itself: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TV1WDQT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Do you know how can I start looking for connection link for that?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Zozo1988
    [link] [comments]

    IP Camera via Ethernet directly into PC Latency

    Posted: 26 May 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    I was wondering if connecting an IP Cam directly with an ethernet cable to my PC will reduce the latency to almost 0 when viewing the cam feed live. What would be the lowest achievable latency? And how can I achieve it?

    submitted by /u/aaronstephen103
    [link] [comments]

    IP Cam + Ethernet to HDMI converter + Monitor - Latency

    Posted: 26 May 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    What is the latency or on what does it depend, when connecting a IP Cam via those TCP/IP to HDMI converters to a HDMI monitor? These things: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071NQDTNJ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_yXsZEbC1WSJ45

    submitted by /u/aaronstephen103
    [link] [comments]

    Poe Switches for super cheap

    Posted: 26 May 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    I have been shopping around for some cheap equipment for a nice POE security system. I was looking at facebook market place and came across a listing with a bunch of poe switches for stupid low prices. For $52.44 SHIPPED! I was able to acquire a Juniper 4200 with 24 POE ports. If you are comfortable with learning to manage a switch then this is one of the best routes as having 24 POE ports opens up so much on what you can do. They have many more items then just switches. https://store.advancedbillingcomputing.com/

    submitted by /u/Light-Surface-Noise
    [link] [comments]

    Buy Security Film?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    I want to get and install 3M security film, but don't see anyone selling it (except for a shop in NZ and one in Australia). Is the only way through an authorized installer? That seems pricey.

    submitted by /u/BowtieDuck
    [link] [comments]

    Ring Video Doorbell 3: Best doorbell in the market?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Good Security Camera for $600?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    So two days ago my neighbors car almost got stolen at night and that made me consider a security camera because the only reason they know about it, is because their security camera caught it during 1 in the morning. Yesterday as I was watching TV late at night, I heard some noise outside of my door, and the lights turned on as if there was someone there. I thought it was a bird or some small animal that triggered the sensor. But I continued looking at my door for a while. Then I looked at the small window that's on the top of the door, half of a head peered out, looking at me for a couple of seconds, then the guy ran off. Obviously this scared me and I now regret not having a security camera because I don't even know what the guy looks like.

    So I my looking for a good security camera preferably under $600. I'm willing to spend more of the difference is worth it.

    I found this one at Costco- Lorex 8-Channel UHD 4K NVR with 2TB HDD 4 UHD 4K Active Deterrence Bullet Cameras Security System for $600

    That seems pretty good, but I might be wrong. What do you guys recommend?

    submitted by /u/throwaway90909900
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment