• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 26, 2020

    Home security: Door Frame Re-enforcement kits and kits to block door access: Is this the Sub to ask questions?

    Home security: Door Frame Re-enforcement kits and kits to block door access: Is this the Sub to ask questions?


    Door Frame Re-enforcement kits and kits to block door access: Is this the Sub to ask questions?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    Hi. Where I live used to be quiet and sleepy town, but recently due to a great review of our school system in a popular state magazine (Thanks a Fucking Hell of a Lot) a Zombie Horde from the four corners of the state is trying to fill our town. Worse, a lot of them are dragging their creepy problems, bad habits, and illegal revenue streams with them, making this town a lot less safe.

    I want to re-enforce the hell out of the door frames of my front and back doors. Are there some brands people recommend? Are their brands which just out-and-out suck?

    I possibly want to install one of those metal door blockers in case someone tries to kick or ram one in. Are the little metal ones that drill into the floor ( as seen on TV ) worth it? What is the consensus on "Drop bar" brackets that drill into beams on the outside of the door frame that could hold the door in place by multiple 2x4s...? Seems low tech, but functional.

    Also, if this is the wrong sub, I am sorry... and I would like to ask these questions in the right sub.

    submitted by /u/WinnersvsINCREDIBLES
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a POE system that uses a NVR which is accessible by your phone?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Lorex Doorbell Experiences?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    I just installed the new Lorex Doorbell and I'm running into some issues - curious if anyone else has similar experiences or suggestions:

    Lorex Home app online manual vs. functionality doesn't match up. In the latest Android app, My experience so far:

    1. No SmartZones. Just a weird PIR half circle with 3 slices that doesn't seem to match up with the video.
    2. No Granular motion detection (people/vehicles). I can only turn it on and off, and set sensitivity from 1-5.
    3. No ability to download videos - the download button is grayed out (yes the app has permission to store data)
    4. No ability to delete specific videos. My only option for managing the storage on the SD card is wiping the whole SD card. If I could download the videos I wanted to save, I'd be fine with wiping the card. The SD card is not accessible without unmounting the doorbell, so saving directly from the SD card is WAY more trouble than its worth. (Edit to add: The doorbell does overwrite the oldest videos and keep rolling over as part of its own internal storage management, so that's something. However, I still would like to be able to back up videos I want to keep, and delete any that might need deleting for any reason.)
    5. Night time/low light motion detection is sketchy. I had a package delivered after dark. It did not detect or record the delivery. It did, however, record the delivery vehicle driving away, and me opening the door to pick it up.

    Anyone else tried this doorbell yet?

    submitted by /u/Ezrae19
    [link] [comments]

    Remote cabin in need of a unique security system

    Posted: 25 May 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    I own a house up north that's a small one room cabin.

    Recently there have been subtle things changing inside the house like items being moved, chairs pulled out, or shades being down bring me to believe that someone is using it.

    I would love to install a security system but there are a couple of problems such as no electricity and a weak cellphone connection. I was wondering if there were any security systems, or measures that I could put in plan to get notified if someone is there. Such as a motion device or things along those lines. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

    submitted by /u/biolmcb
    [link] [comments]

    2020 Security Camera Recommendation?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    I am looking for some cameras, I can spend up to $200 a camera. I plan to use my PC as the NVR with Blue Iris.

    submitted by /u/Glenvale
    [link] [comments]

    How do I convert my wired Networx NX-8V2 into a smart system?

    Posted: 25 May 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    I am struggling to find a system that will integrate with my networx wired alarm.

    I want to be able to monitor and and turn the system on and off remotely. I also want to be able use my existing keypads to turn the system on an off.

    Been looking at the Konnected system. However, not sure how much of a challenge this will be.

    Does anyone have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Bravovictor02
    [link] [comments]

    Mother in law had some vandalism on her property and my wife and I would like to find the perfect security camera...

    Posted: 25 May 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    Essentially what we are looking for is something that has a motion sensing flood light, records footage and can sync with a smart phone or computer program. They cut down a flag pole and we'd like to make sure it doesn't happen again or at least catch whoever does it if it does.

    submitted by /u/RyanSmithN
    [link] [comments]

    4CH Outdoor/Indoor WiFi Audio Camera Home Security System 1TB | eBay - $127.99 (If you use the PICK2SAVE eBay Coupon...expires today, 5/25)

    Posted: 25 May 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment