• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 12, 2020

    Home security: Crazy creepy uncle in-law

    Home security: Crazy creepy uncle in-law


    Crazy creepy uncle in-law

    Posted: 12 May 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    I cannot express how much I'm done with my uncle in law. I could go on and on about him so I'll make this short. My wife's uncle has anger issues and is just gross. And recently we moved down stairs in her moms house. Now it's not what u may think. I've been helping my mother in law clean up the HUGE 6 Bedroom and two bath house we have lived in. But her territorial uncle who I haven't crossed ever! Has apparently been snooping. By that I mean super creepily. My wife said she has heard him standing out side our door just before I go to sleep. And also our landlord. My mother in law wants him out as well. But we have no proof. And my wife has waited to tell me all this till she was sure he really was doing this. So my question is, what is a good cheap camera I can catch this creep on?

    Ps where else would this post get help?

    submitted by /u/Slimey-back-flaps
    [link] [comments]

    Xfinity home security compatibility with other companies?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    So I have the Xfinity home security system in my home (all purchased within past two years) and everything is wireless. I have motion sensors, cameras, and door/window sensors. However, I am moving and XFinity isn't available where I am going, I thought I'd try Cove out, but I just want to know, is Xfinity's equipment compatible with other companies? Since I own the equipment, I figure I've got to be able to use it somehow. Or is all this equipment just paperweights now?

    submitted by /u/_Skellingt0n_
    [link] [comments]

    Residential surveillance system in new home

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    My house was pre-wired with cat5e for 5 security cameras, as well as a couple of extra cat5e's running into the kitchen presumably for a monitor and mouse.

    I don't yet have specific goals yet as to whether I want really good facial recognition, night vision, license plate recognition, but I would like something that is high quality (will go with 4K) and is pretty good about all of those things.

    I have taken a look at https://ipcamtalk.com/wiki/ip-cam-talk-cliff-notes/ which was very helpful, although has way more information than I really need.

    At this point, main goals are - - high quality (4K) - access from phone (ie. via the cloud) - cloud storage

    I am technically inclined enough to set this up myself, but I am not enough of a hobbyist to be doing so with eg. a windows PC hooked up to a POE switch, etc. I will go the route of using an NVR. Having a system that can integrate with something like Google Home or Alexa or whatever is a nice bonus.

    On cloud storage, I am a bit of a pack rat when it comes to my electronic data so I would like flexibility when it comes to which cloud storage provider I am using (eg. Google).

    https://www.lorextechnology.com/4k-ip-camera-system/4k-ultra-hd-ip-nvr-security-camera-system-with-6-ip-cameras/4KHDIP86-0-p

    I am considering the above, but does anyone have any feedback on which route to take? Can I buy Hikvision/Dahua systems directly, and would that be better?

    Also, does anyone know if Lorex systems (or this one in particular) can be configured to use different cloud storage providers?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/yokillz
    [link] [comments]

    Home surveillance without 3rd party?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    I'm a stay at home dad of a 1yr old and my wife manages 2 restaurants in these crazy times. I'm interested in a single camera for our apartment that will over look kitchen/living room and front door for security but also so my wife can tune in to see the baby whenever she wants. I'm nervous about purchasing a camera from some surveillance company and having to use their software to record on their cameras. It feels like I'm letting whatever company I choose access to my footage by using their equipment and software. Is that not how it works? Is it safe/easy/secure/private to just buy it. Or is it possible/better to setup my own loop/live feed with a storage bank and a good cam so my wife can just tune in when she likes? Harder than it sounds? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/cappincrunkt
    [link] [comments]

    DIY security camera cover ideas please!

    Posted: 11 May 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    Heimvision HMD2 wireless:

    What's the best way to cover/conceal these cameras? They will be placed outside the home. Option 1: I've thought about building a box, painting it, putting the camera inside then nailing to the home but I'm not sure if that's the best option. Option 2: installing light fixture and putting camera inside but not sure about condensation. Are there camera covers for this model? These cameras are wireless so I don't want the cover to interfere with the signal either. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/EclipseAnon3
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for Security Camera

    Posted: 11 May 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    Hello All,

    Sorry for the maybe "googlable" question but I find it a bit difficult to navigate myself through all of the options. I am not a naggy person but I hate spending money on stuff that doesnt do its job.

    So here's the situation: I purchased a new house with a long driveway (+/- 150 meters / 500ft) that reaches to a big barn. From this point there is a second driveway (about 40m/ 130ft to the barn). A bit behind the barn follows the house.

    Even today I've had 3 people show up (they are renting spaces here) without me knowing. This is not a problem since they have business here, but it does show that I mostly "miss" that people are on my property.

    I am looking to install at least 3 camera's that have motion sensor + nightvision. There is no electricity close to the driveway but I'm willing to put a cable down there. Or an Ethernet cable. I do not like cloud based things.

    What camera would you recommend:

    • no cloud service

    • good nightvision

    • motion sensor + alert on phone

    • relative large distances (Wifi or Poe?)

    • storage (optional, but would be nice)

    Additional question:

    Eventually, I was thinking about creating a "camera trap" along my driveway. I have a row of trees on both sides of the main driveway and I was thinking about adding 4 camera's facing each other (like an X cross) to cover everything from the people entering/leaving. Or is this overkill/bad practice?

    submitted by /u/HelpWith3Cats-USA-NL
    [link] [comments]

    Is Lorex halfway decent?

    Posted: 11 May 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    Will probably get a poe wired system but not sure about certain brands options to stay away from

    I tried a wireless system but wired is def the way I want to go. All cameras will be outdoors

    submitted by /u/Carltheinsideman
    [link] [comments]

    Ademco Vista 20p. NO wireless sensor lo batt alerts

    Posted: 11 May 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    Hello. I have a Ademco Vista 20p with a 5883h wireless. I utilize 5821 RF water sensors . My keypad this weekend was beeping. Seconds later I received a call about loss of RF. Turn out the battery died in my 5821 again ( died three months ago, replaced last time with an energizer lithium). Should I have been notified on my keypad that the battery was low before all this? Do the 5821 eat all other batteries beside the panasonic cr123a?

    submitted by /u/sacing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment