• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 5, 2020

    Home security: Bought home with 8 Swann n3960 cameras but no DVR, what do I need to buy to complete setup?

    Home security: Bought home with 8 Swann n3960 cameras but no DVR, what do I need to buy to complete setup?


    Bought home with 8 Swann n3960 cameras but no DVR, what do I need to buy to complete setup?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    I have photos of the camera and the cables here: https://imgur.com/gallery/ahBQ76x I am wondering what DVR I can buy to complete the setup? I also don't understand what to do with the coaxial cable that feeds inside does that attach to the DVR as well?

    submitted by /u/cloxking101
    [link] [comments]

    New home, looking for a security system. Anybody have experience with Ring

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    Mostly looking for cameras. To anybody used Ring before, how was your experience?

    submitted by /u/BigDragoon
    [link] [comments]

    I need an indoor sound sensitive alarm

    Posted: 04 May 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    My family all says the others are yell-talking and we all want to prove our case so we're looking for a sound sensitive alarm. This can be a fancy alarm or something cheap. I haven't been able to find anything so I think I'm using the wrong keywords.

    submitted by /u/nonuniqueusername
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about returning Nest Hello and purchasing a DVR/4 Camera CCTV type setup.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    So with the cost of the Nest Hello and the Wifi Extender I had to purchase to make sure it got a proper signal, I am already over $300 and for a few hundred more I get a Reolink 4k 4-camera system w/ DVR. I was never too thrilled about a system that runs on WiFi anyways. Is there anything that the Nest Hello does really good that these new systems dont have? Obviously I'd be giving up the doorbell video but I could point a 4k camera right at my entry way anyways. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/pinned_throttle
    [link] [comments]

    New home owner looking for self monitor security with reliable cameras

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    My finacé and I just bought our first home and one of the first things we wanted to get in place was home security. I own firearms and am 100% on board with the dead bolt and firearm take on security but we still want something in place for when she's home alone (still working on getting her comfortable with using a firearm herself) and cameras to monitor the outside of the property. Also our 80lb pitbull is far too friendly.

     The area we moved to is safe but people from other towns have been coming around to break into cars. This house has an attached garage with a door leading into the house and a second to the basement so the concern is someone breaking into the garage then getting curious about these access points. We were looking for a few indoor and outdoor cameras, motion sensors, and door/window sensors and wanted to find something we can monitor from our phones in case we are away or something. I have heard good and bad things about the bigger names like Vivint, Simply Safe and Scout but it seemed to be towards customer service rather than function. I'm curious if there is a company making reliable products for the DIY self monitoring home owner that gets overlooked due to all the pushy ads from the big names as soon as you google home security. 

    Any input is appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/keepcold
    [link] [comments]

    New Home - Vivint Questions

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    Good afternoon everyone,

    After a bit of research on the topic, I wanted to pose my own questions to people who are much more familiar with home security systems than myself.

    I purchased a home a few months back. It had a Vivint SkyPanel VS2000 model Security system left from the previous owners. Below are the current devices communicating with the smart hub.

    VS2000 SkyPanel Vivint doorbell Smart Lock (not sure on the model sorry) fire alarm Motion sensors.

    This all being the case I have two questions I hope everyone can help me with.

    1. I have no intention of subscribing to Vivint. I am a network security analyst so I currently have all the home security I personally feel is needed.

    What am I able to accomplish with the remaining Vivint system. I know it is still communicating back to Vivant, and I have made sure the old owners can no longer access the account. Just didn't know if there was a way I could take control of the system without Vivint involved in any way?

    1. The doorbell mentioned above is connected to the SkyPanel. While mapping out hotzones for my WiFi network I saw an SSID that seemed like it was coming from inside or around the house. After a bit of research it seems the doorbell is giving off an SSID of its own. When I attempt to connect it is asking for a username and password as it redirects me to a website.

    As I am sure many of you can imagine I am not to keen on having devices in my home which I do not have access to. Secondly it's slightly frustrating as this SSID is scanning out, and is causing some radio interface with my AP's. Has anyone run into this issue before? If so what would be the best way to gain access to this device and connect it to my own network vs Vivint?

    Sorry for the long post, I hope everyone is staying safe as always. If any more info is needed I will be happy to provide what I can.

    Note: just thought of another question does the doorbell Vivint supplies have face recognition? I'm not sure the exact model of the doorbell itself. But given pictures or a place to look I can gladly supply this information.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Xxemnas
    [link] [comments]

    <$50 camera for indoors.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 02:18 AM PDT

    Hello I am going on vacation for an extended period of time. I need to get a camera for the room.

    Is there a camera for less than $50 that has:

    - day / night

    - sd card storage

    - I can look at remotely

    - motion detection with motion alert

    - ideally no subscription fee

    - ideally some movement controls

    I really don't want to get a camera with a $10 month fee.

    I am looking on amazon but have no idea which ones are good/bad.

    submitted by /u/CeemaraLo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment