• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 5, 2020

    Home security: Found this tool on my windowsill in the backyard. Also found that the window screen was being ripped open to break and enter. More in comments.

    Home security: Found this tool on my windowsill in the backyard. Also found that the window screen was being ripped open to break and enter. More in comments.


    Found this tool on my windowsill in the backyard. Also found that the window screen was being ripped open to break and enter. More in comments.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    What is better? An apartment unit or a house?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    My friends and I have had this discussion off a while. Some of us believe that having a house and a Ayers is better for home defense, while I believe that having an apartment unit with limited entry points is much better.

    submitted by /u/TheReptillian
    [link] [comments]

    Weatherproof CCTV Camera Housing?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    Looking for some (hopefully cheap) weather proof cctv camera housings. I have my own system i would like to set up and design, but i still need the actual cases for the circuits. Ive been looking around but I see large gaps in price between the $50+ housings with good reviews, and the $25- ones with no reviews. Then almost nothing in the middle. And i have a decent feeling the trade off for price will be they arnt actually weather proof.

    I would prefer typical looking CCTV cases. I want a housing that looks like a camera to hopefully deter people when seeing it.

    If you guys have any advice or product suggestions, i would love some. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Rezient
    [link] [comments]

    Get Z-Wave door sensors, or get an actual security system?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    I am looking for something to simply monitor doors and windows.

    3 Entry doors and 22 opening windows, 2 internal doors I would monitor

    That means I would need 27 sensors. Cheapest way to do this?

    submitted by /u/xOhoKsDU9Va
    [link] [comments]

    Good outdoor Wi-Fi security camera on AliExpress?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    I was kind of looking at these:

    YI Outdoor Security Camera Cloud Cam Wireless IP 1080p Resolution Waterproof Night Vision Security Surveillance System White https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_d8bDGzX

    HD 1080P IP Camera Outdoor WiFi Home Security Camera 720P 960P Wireless Surveillance Wi Fi Bullet Waterproof IP Onvif Camara Cam https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dZI8Ak5

    WIFI Camera Outdoor PTZ IP Camera H.265+ 1080p Speed Dome CCTV Security Cameras IP Camera WIFI Exterior 2MP IR Home Surveilance https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dZ4Tu7T

    I do hope I helped a little bit in order to formulate an opinion. I'm new to this tech so I don't really know which brand is good and which is not.

    submitted by /u/mohtarifchat
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor camera with wireless (hopefully free) storage when I can't drill into vinyl siding (condo rules)?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    Hi - I just had two RCMP officers leave my place -- we have a peeping Tom.

    One of the officers suggested I install an outdoor video camera on the patio. I'm looking for something that will work wirelessly, with some free short-term storage, notifications to my phone, and a wide enough angle to cover about 15' of fence and a gate, at a distance of about 12' away. I have a power outlet and it's under an overhang, protected on two sides. There are also two outdoor light fixtures about 30' apart on either end of the patio that are on dusk to dawn.

    The problem is I can't permanently attach a camera to the building's vinyl siding (strata rules).

    Any recommendations on the kind of camera and installation to get around this? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Kara_S
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment