• Breaking News

    Friday, April 24, 2020

    Home security: Reolink vs Hikvision vs Amcrest. What do you use in 2020?

    Home security: Reolink vs Hikvision vs Amcrest. What do you use in 2020?


    Reolink vs Hikvision vs Amcrest. What do you use in 2020?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    Done a little reading. It seems these 3 are the ones most people go with. Leaning towards the reolink + never for the ease of setup and use. I plan to have 4 cameras. 1 rear. Front door/ driveway and in the garage. I'm able to run my own cat6 wiring.

    Weird question but has anyone painted their cams before to better blend them in? The reolink comes in white but would prefer them to be black. Masked off and plastidipped black wouldn't hurt anything?

    submitted by /u/Sprintsucks1
    [link] [comments]

    DIY Home Fortifications, Part 3: The Living Room

    Posted: 24 Apr 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    DIY Security System

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    I am looking for recommendations on a security system. I had someone come into my house while I was sleeping through an unlocked windows. "Luckily" there were only a couple things stolen and nothing else happened. I know it's my fault for not having checked everything but I have been in my house for 6 years without any kind of scare and that was the only door or window that wasn't locked. Just my luck. I feel violated and not safe in my home and so am really trying to find a system.

    I was looking at the adobe system and apparently just they changed their plans, some of their previous free services are being moved to paid plans. Also there seems to be some debate as to whether or not there will be a free plan at all going forward. So I am still on the hunt for a system. I do not see myself paying for professional monitoring and already have cameras. So really looking for a system that does the basics with window and door sensors but would also like to potentially do some home automation. I have Leviton wifi light switches and will probably upgrade to a smart lock as well. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/CrazyTxC
    [link] [comments]

    DIY Home Fortifications, Part 2: The Bedroom

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment