• Breaking News

    Friday, April 24, 2020

    Home security: Advice on NVR/DVR placement and setup?

    Home security: Advice on NVR/DVR placement and setup?


    Advice on NVR/DVR placement and setup?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    Any best practice?! Running so much cat5 to basement sucks.

    submitted by /u/CoJeepDude
    [link] [comments]

    Snapshot notifications with Eufycam 2?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    Are snapshot notifications like that of Arlo and Nest ever going to be a thing? I purchased some eufycam 2s last week and got rid of my nest doorbell thinking that I'd avoid a monthly fee and have better coverage of my house, however, I am seriously missing the snapshot previews from the Nest. Getting a generic notification that says movement detected 30+ times a day is rather annoying when I can't just pull down the notification bar and review whether or not it was something worth watching the clip on.

    I think if there is no way to get snapshots of the notification, then these are going to have to go back and I'll move back to nest because it is extremely time consuming clicking into every notification.

    submitted by /u/Jmazda3
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless Zmodo cameras not connecting to DVR

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    ZH-Ni14 is the model of the system I have. It is just 4 wireless cameras, they all power on when plugged into wall outlet. I only have the dvr hooked up to a computer monitor, but they will not auto detect. Is there anything I can do? I have a similar system from a different brand that just connected as long they were powered on , but not this Zmodo system.

    submitted by /u/gatorkea
    [link] [comments]

    Moving to new apartment, only entry points are sliding glass doors on first and second floors

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 11:37 AM PDT

    I got a sweet deal on an townhouse style apartment in a damn expensive California college town. The only problem is the entry points are sliding glass doors on the patio and on the second floor balcony, which could be easily climbed to.

    I'm looking for ways to secure these doors when I leave for work every morning or am otherwise away. I know you can throw security pins and dowels in the rolling tracks while you're home, but I can't find much for security options for when you're away. I'd like some non-destructive, non-drilling methods if possible, but it is what it is if it's not.

    submitted by /u/indigoassassin
    [link] [comments]

    IQ2 Panel Issue in new home - Flickering Screen and "initializing app"

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    Morning folks,

    We just bought a house and after connecting the already installed IQ2 Panel to the Wifi last night, we're getting a flashing (repeating cycles of black screen, pops up white with "initializing app" and goes black again) screen. Prior to connecting to wifi, the panel was functioning with multiple screens, arm options, etc.

    We removed the panel from the wall, unplugged the AC adapter and the battery, left them unplugged for a couple minutes, reconnected everything and the issue immediately returned.

    Is there a fix that anyone is aware of before I try to reach tech support?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Taypo98
    [link] [comments]

    Blink XT2 vs Eufy C2 - Please Help! I'm Too Indecisive!

    Posted: 23 Apr 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    Hey All! I'm in the market for some wireless security cameras. We live on a corner lot off a main road that runs through our development. Lots of people walk and drive past our house all day and night. I have a rickety old 4ft fence that isn't holding up well, a dog that likes to dig under it lol and a son that likes to play in the side yard that we have no visibility to from inside the house. Currently we have and older SimpliSafe security system, no cameras. We only have 1 wyze camera in the house, a google home mini and 2 echo dots (can't settle on personal assistants either lol).

    I'm struggling to make a decision mainly over the following points...

    • Blink has replaceable batteries that can't be recharged, however the device should, in theory last much longer. Eufy in theory will only last 4-5 years with "average" use, once that battery goes, its time to buy a new device. However with how fast technology changes, would I be buying a new device by then anyway?
    • Eufy video quality itself seems much better. I'm always a sucker for getting the "better quality" device but is it really that critical?
    • Eufy field of view is WAY better 135 vs 110. I feel this is a fairly big deal when it comes to security cameras.
    • Blink is considerably cheaper (however there are some deals right now for Eufy 2 cam kits)
    • Blink now offers an indoor mini cam at a reasonable price ($35). Its nice to have all your cameras. Would be nice to replace my Wyze cams with these and have all my cameras on the same app. Eufy currently has no comparable device.
    • Eufy offers many more devices and options. In the future I may want a doorbell cam, I'd be very annoyed if I had one app for security cams and another for doorbell cam.

    How am I to decide! Please help! What are your thoughts. I'm especially interested in folks who may have tried both.

    submitted by /u/riegersn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment