• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 7, 2020

    Home security: 16 channel NVR that doesn't require a browser plugin?

    Home security: 16 channel NVR that doesn't require a browser plugin?


    16 channel NVR that doesn't require a browser plugin?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Anyone have recommendations for a camera system that doesn't require any sort of browser plugin to be installed? Needs to support up to 16 IP cameras(The ones I currently have are Hikvision but can buy something else if needed). Doesn't really matter if it has POE built in or not since I have a POE managed switch that I can connect the cameras to.

    I know about BlueIris and have used it in the past, and am willing to go that route if needed, but am curious if there's a prebuilt NVR that meets my needs, I've done some research and can't seem to find a solid answer, looks like Amcrest last year started talking about updating their software to not need a plugin, but can't seem to find any evidence if that was done yet or not.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/torbar203
    [link] [comments]

    Wyze Alternatives

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    Currently I have a Wyze V2 camera, the resolution and frame rate are not satisfactory for me. I've considered the Wyze Cam Pan but the video quality does not seem to be much better. I would like to be able to view the cameras from my phone.

    I'm looking for some WiFi cameras that I can place inside on a windowsill or mount to a window somehow. If they have IR lights they would need to be able to be turned off due to the reflection off the window glass. They will need to be powered from the wall as I will not be running ethernet cables for PoE.

    Anyone know of any popular/go-to cameras that fit these criteria?

    Also posted in /r/videosurveillance

    submitted by /u/shibe4lyfe
    [link] [comments]

    PTZ Camera without Wi-FI

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    Hello everyone !

    I would like to buy a PTZ camera WITHOUT Wi-Fi (or a disable one). At least 1080p and, if possible, IR.

    If you know a model with a strong firmware regarding cyber-security, that would be awesome !

    So, what are your recommandations guys ?

    Budget: around 150€

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/zirman
    [link] [comments]

    ADT Cancellation Question

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    I recently signed up for ADT (12 days ago). However once the excitement of owning a home security system wore off, I realized that I got ripped off. I looked up nearly the exact equipment they installed and found out that I could order it for about 1/10 of what I paid ADT ($3300 paid over 3 months! Yes I know now that I'm stupid). I've been looking up cancellations for ADT and read that you can actually cancel without penalty up to 30 days after signing up, not just the 3 days that they advertise. My question is will cancelling also refund me the equipment I bought? Or is that cancellation just for their monitoring service and I will still have to pay off the equipment?

    submitted by /u/KingMuffin21
    [link] [comments]

    This is 99% of you guys in this sub.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    IP-based NVR vs Nest/Ring Cameras

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    Recently had some vandalism to the outside of my house which my Ring doorbell caught but the kid was too disguised for it to pick up any distinguishing features. I'm looking to add more security cameras to (hopefully prevent) and pick up more evidence in the future, however I'm having trouble deciding between running cables and installing IP cameras with an NVR vs adding more Ring/Nest cameras. My main concern with the NVR solution is they have a bad rap for the mobile apps and aren't as user friendly, I'm a tech guy by trade so not worried about install and configuration, just don't want to have to be a sysadmin at home.

    Any recommendation?

    TL;DR - Should I install an IP-based NVR system vs Ring/Nest cameras at my house.

    submitted by /u/rapp38
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment