• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 2, 2021

    Home security: Phantom Zone Low Battery Warning - DSC 1864

    Home security: Phantom Zone Low Battery Warning - DSC 1864


    Phantom Zone Low Battery Warning - DSC 1864

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 11:18 PM PST

    I have a DSC 1864 system with mostly wireless zones topping out at zone 20. I just started getting a low battery indication on the wireless keypad for a low battery in zone 29.

    I don't have a zone 29.

    I looked through the sensors I do have and they're all accounted for ending at zone 20. The wireless keypad isn't showing a low battery.

    In addition Eyezon shows no zone 29 in the status display, the zones top out at zone 24 as I'd expect in my configuration.

    It's been awhile since I programmed this system and am at a loss as to where this would be coming from.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/raptorbluez
    [link] [comments]

    No subscription outdoor camera?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 04:16 PM PST

    I've been researching for weeks now and I cannot make up my mind.

    I would like to find two outdoor cameras that can either be hard wired or have very long lasting battery life. I would also like motion sensed clips to get backed up to a local USB and alert me when they happen.

    I just want the basics for home security without having to pay monthly.

    Your recommendations?

    Arlo Pro 2 looks decent but battery life only 3-6 months?

    Wyze v3 looks good but 5 minute cooldown on recordings with free version?

    Blink only gives you motion alerts/live view with free version, doesn't record clips??

    Thanks for the advice.

    submitted by /u/theONEendONLY
    [link] [comments]

    Will this setup work? (Mostly a networking question)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 06:18 PM PST

    Hello all, I have 4 PoE Reolink cameras, just moved to a new house, will this wiring work:

    Modem -> Router -> Switch -> [Port 1] to PC & [Port 2] to DVR -> 4 Cameras

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/subwinds
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for outdoor security camera?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 05:49 AM PST

    We have a problem with someone dumping trash outside our house. It has been going on for months now and while we have filed police reports, they said they can't help until we have some evidence pointing to a culprit. We tried a simple trail cam this summer but it didn't do the trick because it just took stills and the license plates reflected so much it was impossible to read. The person is clearly driving along and dumping the trash out their window as they go. I want to get an outdoor video camera to mount at the end of our driveway. It is about 75 feet away from a power source but we can run an extension cord. Any recommendations? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DadsRverykooltoo
    [link] [comments]

    DSC compatible wireless contacts

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 07:37 AM PST

    Hi I have an RFK5500 433mhz keypad and I want to add a few more wireless sensors for Windows. Do I have to use the DSC products or are there other cheaper alternatives?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/jules_wake
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question about a Dahua camera

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 12:12 PM PST

    Greetings to all, i'm in need of buying a Poe camera but i need it to save to an Ftp, im thinking of using this model: Dahua PC-HFW1531S-0280 , everythings seem to be what i need but i can´t find info on the ability to save to an Ftp, can anyone who has used it before comment about it?, also would be nice any feedback on its reliability.

    the camera is for an outdoor place, i have a poe switch already, and i like this option for the price mostly

    submitted by /u/axslier
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment