• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 2, 2021

    Home security: How can I keep my relatives from breaking into my room while I sleep? I have 4 angled chain locks, and 4 bolt locks but they still break in.

    Home security: How can I keep my relatives from breaking into my room while I sleep? I have 4 angled chain locks, and 4 bolt locks but they still break in.


    How can I keep my relatives from breaking into my room while I sleep? I have 4 angled chain locks, and 4 bolt locks but they still break in.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 11:15 AM PST

    Any suggestions on what to do... I didn’t think about the light when I mounted the camera. It flares badly when the light is on.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 01:05 AM PST

    Which security company is actually worth buying from?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 11:46 AM PST

    I am building a house this year, and want to get a security system installed before I move in. Have a good few months to do some research before I need one. Looking for what everyone recommends for a trustworthy security company that is worth buying from.

    Mostly looking to monitor the entry ways, back and front yard, and to install glass break sensors on lower level back door and windows. Going to install motion activated flood lights above the garage and above the back door as well. I am home alone pretty often since my husband works nights shift 6 months out of the year and there has been a rise in car and home break ins in my town this past year.

    Right now, I have Wyze cameras set up in our apartment that do ok for just monitoring the ground floor balcony and front door. Wyze is super basic monitoring and I have had issues with the cameras not recording when they detect movement.

    What does everyone recommend? Not interested in ADT or Vivint.

    submitted by /u/_EssentialNPC_
    [link] [comments]

    DSC RF jam detection zone

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 09:01 AM PST

    On a DSC Power Series RFK55xx keypad, section [93] can assign the RF jam tamper to an unused zone.

    Does assigning this complete the configuration, or do I need to define the zone definition (21 perhaps?), attributes, etc? the documentation is pretty sparse on this.

    submitted by /u/-engiblogger-
    [link] [comments]

    How do you define seldomly used zones on alarm systems?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2021 08:56 AM PST

    I have a rear basement door in my house that I want armed 24/7 unless I specifically need to use it.

    Should I configure the door on it's own separate partition, disarming/arming when I need to use it, or configure it as a 24-hr burglary zone, bypassing it when I need to use it?

    My system is older, so a "Day Zone" is not an option.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/-engiblogger-
    [link] [comments]

    Security Recommendations: House next to park/backs up to Lake

    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 08:54 PM PST

    With our house, we will have a neighbor on one side and a small park on the other side. We have a fence to block this park and another for the neighbor. Our house also backs up to a lake with a metal bar 6 foot fence on our property edge and a dock on the lake. A person could not slide through the bars but could jump said fence if they had some hops. There is a fence that continues down our property line to the water's edge on the parkside. Someone could go down to the waters edge, walk around the property line fence and walk up to my back fence. Here is a crude drawing: https://imgur.com/a/Roy5bHZ . Numbers on image are referenced below:

    I'm not sure exactly how to do a basic coverage for our home security. Here are a few items that I am kicking around:

    • We already have a ring doorbell and that is focused on the front door.
    • Put a lock on the back gate at night to avoid easy walkthrough into our back yard.
    • Lock on the front gate on the park side to avoid people coming into the back yard that way
    • Put Solar Motion lights next to both front gates
    • Put a deadbolt on the sidedoor from the outside to the garage and one from the garage to the house with strikeplates
    • Some form of camera/motion flood light in the backyard focused at the back fence gate (3)
    • Camera focused on the front yard on the fence/driveway that backs up to the park side of the property. (1)
    • Similar Camera on the neighbor fence side so no one walks into that back yard on that side of the house. (2)
    • Solar String lighting on back fence, so that it is illuminated at night.

    I'm open to any other ideas I'm missing here.

    Edit: main concerns are teens from the park screwing around or cat burglar coming up from the lake.

    submitted by /u/Cryptotrader63
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment