• Breaking News

    Friday, January 29, 2021

    Home security: Wireless Outdoor Camera Options

    Home security: Wireless Outdoor Camera Options


    Wireless Outdoor Camera Options

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 12:15 AM PST

    We are currently using two Amazon CloudCams. But they are for indoor use only. What would be a good option for wireless exterior and interior cameras? We've been looking at many options and so far the only option that fit our preference are Blink. We don't want to be attached to a subscription based camera service.

    submitted by /u/plurfectlife
    [link] [comments]

    In-home camera that saves footage?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 07:34 PM PST

    I have a slightly odd question, and it's not entirely the best group to ask this in, but I'm not sure what other groups I'd ask it in. I'm looking for a reliable camera to put inside my own bedroom that will record and save the footage to a cloud storage/app.

    For about 2 years now, I have recorded myself pretty consistently every night from an app on my phone when I sleep. I sleep talk and sleep walk, and capture it through audio. It listens all night and only saves the audio clips when it hears a certain amount of decibels. After my most recent episode of waking up to finding things askew and only hearing the audio, I've decided I want to not only hear me, but see as well This is purely for my entertainment and curiosity of what shenanigans I'm up to while asleep.

    submitted by /u/anoniron7329
    [link] [comments]

    Wyze cam alternative ?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 11:02 PM PST

    Hi all ,

    I have 5 wyze cam outside my house, and I love them , but I'm looking to change ,,,,

    I want a camera that is inexpensive, and that can be poe , and ones that can record to my synology nas,

    Can someone please point me in the right direction :)

    submitted by /u/Jdeproductions
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless NVR

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 01:07 AM PST

    Wireless NVR = NVR with all the camera connected through wifi

    I am setting up a wireless NVR. Well actually, my first wireless NVR had a "wifi" failure, so I had to replace the NVR only. I bought the imou brand wireless nvr, and decided to use the cameras that came with the busted one. I had it all working, recording and stuff. BUT, whenever I connect the NVR itself to the router, every camera disconnects, but if I disconnect the LAN cable from the router, the cameras reconnect in about 10 seconds. Any idea why?

    submitted by /u/clydelion
    [link] [comments]

    Looking For Camera and NVR Recommendations

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 12:19 PM PST

    Hi. I am new to the home security area and would like some input on cameras and NVRs.

    After reviewing a lot of websites and videos, I think I would like the following features for the cameras:

    • PoE
    • 4K 8 MP
    • Color night vision
    • Dome camera - no bullets
    • Remote access (and control?)
    • Microphone
    • Optical zoom if possible
    • AI - car and people detection with alerts

    For an NVR:

    • 2TB expandable to 4TB
    • 8 ports - 4 for now and 4 for later

    Questions:

    • Are all NVRs essentially the same?
    • Why are some cameras twice the price for what appears to be similar features?
    • Will people/vehicle detection with notification work with any NVR if you have the right software?
    • Can you use any software on any NVR?
    • Does the camera brand have to be the same as the NVR?

    Some cameras I have looked at:

    • ReoLink RLC-822A
    • Hikvision PCI-T18F2S
    • Amcrest IP8M-T2669EW-AI
    • ProView PRO90D-4K

    Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ceh83
    [link] [comments]

    2gig z-wave questions

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 06:43 PM PST

    I am trying to learn about the home automation capabilities of my alarm system. I have a gc3 and I want to configure a z-wave light switch in my kitchen pantry to turn on then the door is open and off when it's closed. I have connected the switch to the GC3 no problem. How do I program my DW10 door/window contacts, which will be on the pantry door, to control the switch.

    I believe I should add the DW-10 as a wireless zone. Sensor type 32-remote device? What about smart area assignment, what's that? Leave it at S1?

    I would think sensor reports: disabled, of course And Sensor Supervised: disabled

    Then how do I connect it to the z-wave switch in smart home settings? When I go to configure it, there are only three fields: Parameter number Parameter size Parameter value

    Or is it under device association? Here, when I click on edit group I see different switches and sensors. When I select any one, like say "sensor" the field is empty.

    I hope this post makes sense... To someone at least! Any help would be appreciated

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/TXN4FREEDOM
    [link] [comments]

    Tryna give some help to anyone that might want it.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 11:24 AM PST

    Hey guys, I work for Telus, I got the Hookup prices for INT/TV/SECURITY. So just, if you think you're paying too much for any of those shoot me a DM and we can talk about it. Asides from that everyone have a great day!

    submitted by /u/JUTHANS
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment