• Breaking News

    Monday, January 18, 2021

    Home security: Swann 8ch 4k DVR to Reolink 4k NVR 16ch. Is NVR upgrade worth it? I have had BNC Cable issues.

    Home security: Swann 8ch 4k DVR to Reolink 4k NVR 16ch. Is NVR upgrade worth it? I have had BNC Cable issues.


    Swann 8ch 4k DVR to Reolink 4k NVR 16ch. Is NVR upgrade worth it? I have had BNC Cable issues.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 10:01 AM PST

    Right now I have a Costco Swann 8ch DVR system. I need 10 cameras total so I am looking at the 16 channel Reolink.

    The 16 channel 4k NVR system with 8 cameras is new on ebay from reolink for 730. a 2 pack of cameras is around 150 to get to my 10 channels.

    I am considering NVR because I have heard they are a much better system.

    One issue I have had with my DVR is BNC cable reliability. My cameras that are on long 200ft runs oftentimes cut out and have distortion issues. I am hoping to resolve this as well as upgrade.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/541Spencer
    [link] [comments]

    Cigarette smoke sensor with wifi

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 04:07 PM PST

    I have tenants that refuse to stop smoking, I need a sensor alarm over the internet to detect cigarette smoke.

    I only found commercial suppiers, no retail.

    Do any of the Smart Smoke Detectors (Nest, Ect) pick up cigarette smoke? From what I could find on Google, the MQ-2 sensor detects cigarette smoke?

    submitted by /u/rocketman999999999
    [link] [comments]

    2 way audio IP Cameras, with night vision and instant motion alerts?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 01:08 PM PST

    I'm looking at IP cameras with decent night vision, instant motion alerts, and 2 way audio. While the former 2 are easy to find, its near impossible to find one with built in speaker and mic. Ring cameras or Wyze V3 are my backup option, but I`d avoid them due to subscription models.

    Appreciate the advice in advance!

    submitted by /u/ramanthan
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for door/entryway, broken glass sensors

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 12:36 PM PST

    What do you recommend for entry (door/window) sensors and broken glass sensors?

    I currently have Wyze on the outside so I'm looking for a solution on the inside for open doors,windows and broken glass.

    Are there any solutions that don't require a 3rd party monitoring solution?

    submitted by /u/stillanoobummkay
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking (BNC) Camera HUB with configurable smart (people detection) zones

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 09:35 PM PST

    Hello! I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are on what are some high quality, fully featured, camera recording hubs that will accept BNC cameras.

    My current hub is nice, in that, you can draw red and green zones to set which areas of the camera field will trigger, or be dead zones. But, it's super sensitive, and it will trigger sometimes if it rains or snows.

    I am seeking something with very customizable sensitivity. Ideally with some sort of body and or animal shape detection with atleast 8 powered BNC ports.

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/nabuit
    [link] [comments]

    Stranger knocked on my window at 3 AM

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 07:24 PM PST

    Hi,

    I live at the ground floor of a apartment building and last night I had a stranger knock on my window multiple times. To be more specific, 2 rooms were illuminated and he specifically knocked on those. I saw him through the curtains of one of the other rooms that had the light switched off. Tonight, as I write this, I'm staying on my phone waiting to see if the knocks persist.

    Any idea why would he knock at my window?

    I had an incident with a stalker who I suspect has some mental disorders a couple of weeks ago in which I was threatened quite a lot.

    I have a non-lethal gun along with some other self-defense items and I used to go to the firing range quite often, but I would really like to avoid unnecessary conflicts.

    So far I have thought of the following options: - call the cops, although I don't know if they can do anything about it since there is no proof of the window taps. I live in Poland, not the US, and as far as I know you can't lock someone up just for threatening you. - I have some very good friends that could really beat the stalkers ass, assuming it was him. I'm also 1.90 and quite fit, as opposed to the stalker. (Not ok, I know, just a suggestion) - Install some security cameras and get his mug, since I am not 100% sure it's him and I want to avoid conflict if possible.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/92VegFreak
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment