• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 3, 2021

    Home security: Security System for Elderly Couple

    Home security: Security System for Elderly Couple


    Security System for Elderly Couple

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:06 AM PST

    I've been testing out a eufy 2c camera for my parents. The camera image quality is great, and it was super easy to install. There are no monthly fees. I monitor the camera through my phone.

    The main problem is the battery drains quickly. Since they can't climb up a ladder, I was going to install a solar panel, but since yesterday the camera stopped sending notifications. If you go through the eufy subreddit, every response to problems are "defective cameras." It's frustrating. It's almost like you have a 50/50 chance of them mailing you a defective camera. There have been security breaches where people have been getting videos of other people's homes, so I ruled out their indoor cameras. It's a shame because it's so easy, but it's also a Chinese company.

    I thought about simplisafe, especially since it's an American brand but they had their share of problems too : https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2016/02/17/simplisafe-alarm-attacks/?sh=6d2531c23b00

    Is the answer not a DIY camera?

    Just to be clear this post is mainly for cameras. We have other "home defense" mechanisms. Things have been getting bad in our area, and the burglaries are increasing.

    submitted by /u/BusinessTruth
    [link] [comments]

    Security concerns over Tp-Link WiFi cameras

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:00 AM PST

    I recently purchased a Tp-Link Tapo WiFi indoor camera and installed it in the balcony. Works very well. TP-Link has as an app through which I can monitor the camera from anywhere. Since it's a WiFi camera from Tp-Link, I'm concerned over security. I've read a few articles where the cameras send pings to random websites. One theory is that, they do this is to check internet connection. Anyway, has anyone faced any security issue with Tp-Link cameras? Did you notice any malware etc? How's you experience?

    submitted by /u/throwaway4emotions
    [link] [comments]

    looking for recommendations for safe PTZ cams

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:49 AM PST

    i am helping out some older family members who just moved into a house with 3 PTZ cameras, 2 outside and one inside. they are foscams and based on advice from this sub and other sources, we want to replace them with safer cameras from a better company. they want to view and control from phone and laptop apps. they like the pan tilt and zoom so we are looking for a similar unit. i'm sure this has been asked a million times but i could use a clear and current answer. ty

    submitted by /u/ConstantThanks
    [link] [comments]

    Question about purchasing used camera

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:10 AM PST

    Thinking about purchasing a used camera. Anyone know if the original owner would be able to still view the camera? I'm not able to find any documentation on how to clear any existing connections to the camera.

    Specifically I'm thinking of purchasing a: CONICO 1080p HD Wireless IP Camera

    I might be overreacting, but I want to be mindful.

    Thanks all.

    submitted by /u/CrushNDreams
    [link] [comments]

    Please Help Me !? Someone Shot into my house!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:28 PM PST

    Please Help Me !? Someone Shot into my house!

    I live next to a park and someone shot into my house a few weeks ago. For the last few months, I've been hearing random gunshots from 12-3:30 am and other neighborhoods are also reporting this. I'm terrified and have been sleeping on the floor. The police can't really do anything and can't recommend anything. Soooo, aside from moving, I think the best option is to try to get video of who is doing this. I would have to monitor it myself, which I am glad to do.

    The park length is approx. 600 ft (maximum distance). Basically, I'm right next to the park and there is open space and then at 600 feet there is a wall. The gun could've been shot from just 100 feet away, not sure. I'm looking for a camera to set up that can get good images at night, in foggy/rainy weather, and at a distance. I also can't afford anything very expensive and live with someone with a compromised immune system so we can't have people in here to set it up. Do you have recommendations for a good surveillance/camera system?

    Also, any advice to keep gunshots out? It easily went through stucco. I'm looking for anything that would help eliminate the chances of getting hit. BTW, the bullet looked like it was aimed right at my house. We have a lot of homeless that have camped there in the past and it's possible they are angry at one of the neighbors and go the wrong house. Anyway, it looked deliberate. Any advice is appreciated!

    from the outside

    submitted by /u/Scared-ThrowAwayHelp
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink / Eufy / UniFi surveillance solution questions

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:10 PM PST

    So I am tumbling down the black hole of surveillance cameras and after several days I have come to discover there is no one perfect ecosystem. Having said that I -think- I am at a good point.

    My needs:

    • I want something that will be able to give good detail on the exterior, especially to cover a pool area.
    • It needs to integrate into Google Home, else the wife test will fail (She needs to be able to ask Google to call up a camera on the Nest Hub).
    • Along the same lines, I need it to have a good mobile app, wife is tech friendly
    • I don't want something I have to attend to / adjust all the time, I have stuff to do :) So I don't want a dedicated PC for this or anything like that.

    My current plan is to get a Reolink NVR and 3 x RLC-1220A for the exterior.

    For the interior I am either going Eufy 2K pan & tilts or Reolink E1 Zooms, there will be 3-4 of these.

    My question: Is the above a solid solution? Are there other options I should be exploring? I do have a Unifi UDM Pro but sadly the Protect line seems limited in both hardware and software.

    Thanks in advance and Happy New Year! :)

    submitted by /u/netvagabond
    [link] [comments]

    GE frontpoint system

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:07 AM PST

    I'm sorry if this type of post isn't allowed here.

    I have a used GE frontpoint security system which I no longer need. Any suggestions on what can be done with it? I read posts that some people like GE rather than new proprietary system by frontpoint.

    submitted by /u/Hangooverr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment