• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 3, 2021

    Home security: Dementia camera, loud notifications needed

    Home security: Dementia camera, loud notifications needed


    Dementia camera, loud notifications needed

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:38 PM PST

    Looking for a solution to this, and I've been researching a lot but haven't found anything definitive. Basically, I don't need a baby cam solution as much as one that REALLY NOTIFIES us when a motion detection event has occurred.

    One of my parents has just gotten out of the ICU and has a lot of confusion. When waking up, they sometimes tug at tubes that are inserted into their body. Because of this, I have been staying awake through the night to monitor them, even when they are sleeping.

    I'm looking for something that is a motion detection camera, but one that really will notify loudly to the viewing device/phone, enough to wake me or another family member up to check the camera to see if there is just night shifting, or if the patient has gotten up.

    I have a nest cam in my other house, and it sends notifications, but not anything loud. Ive also tried a couple iOS devices using Alfred, but again, not the loudest notification.

    Thanks for any/all help.

    submitted by /u/therealmoogieman
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips appreciated for low priced 3-5 camera security options for a tiny house on pretty safe property. Good to have video in case a generator goes missing, etc. So many options at Costco, best buy.... which are your favorites and what do you like about them?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:48 PM PST

    I'd prefer to not pay a monthly service, but have remote cameras viewing access, recording to the cloud, temperature and entry and broken glass alerts.... but with maybe 5 brands available at the big box stores, it's hard to compare apples to apples.

    submitted by /u/jeremyjava
    [link] [comments]

    Security camera that I could use as a bird feeder camera /wildlife observations

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 01:53 AM PST

    Hello all

    I know my question might look weird un this subreddit, but i am convinced you are the best people to give an opinion on this question.

    I am looking for a simple camera that I could put in a tree (ethernet cable and 220V are not a problem), close to bird feeder, to get alerts and pictures when a bird or a squirrel comes to visit my garden.

    My expectations are: 1) no battery, working with 220V 2) cloud based service (ideally with free access for everyone to have a look)

    Any idea/suggestion?

    submitted by /u/WazaBe
    [link] [comments]

    Two Qolsys IQ 2 plus panels on the same system? Is it possible?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:08 AM PST

    Hi,

    I recently picked up a Qolsys IQ 2 Plus panel as part of a package of sensors, and cameras on facebook marketplace. I'm wondering if I can somehow use the IQ2plus panel as a partition control or remote for my main IQ 2 plus panel? Anyone know if this is possible?

    Thank in advance!

    submitted by /u/Sirnoodleton
    [link] [comments]

    Laser Beam system for outside...?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:04 AM PST

    Hey all, after a hand here, I want to install a laser beam detection system, outside, and I want to have 3/4 beams on top of each other that must be broken at one point in order to trigger the alarm, just to avoid false alarm by a falling leaf for example. Does such a thing exist or am I going to need to build from scratch? Anyone else had luck buying/building such a system?

    submitted by /u/LJNZ
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a new home. Attached is a photo of the alarm it comes with. Not sure what it is, if it’s vulnerable, what I can do with it, or even if I should rip it out. Any help would be great!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:25 AM PST

    Are bumil brand safes any good?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:38 PM PST

    I was looking at a bumil brand safe, specifically the SD103T that was used for $200. However it was difficult to find information about it online so it leads me to believe that it may not be a quality safe. Anybody have experience with it?

    submitted by /u/behsdhisb
    [link] [comments]

    Security System that works with Google Home Hub

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:49 PM PST

    Hello! Home security is new to me and I'm hoping for some insight to some questions I have. I've tried googling some answers, but I feel like I'm going in circles. The most important feature I'd like to find in a home security system is sensors for doors and windows that will verbally announce which door or window is open, such as, "back door open." A bonus to that would be able to connect the sensors to my google home minis and google home hub so they will announce over the speakers which window or door is opened. If possible, I prefer a self monitoring system, but it isn't a deal breaker. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/jr12ej10
    [link] [comments]

    Question about DIY home security/security on an extremely tight budget

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 12:49 PM PST

    I am looking for a DIY or otherwise extremely cheap solution to install 3 motion-activated cameras outside my house, to watch each door and the garage.

    I have seen many different methods online for setting up your own cameras and security systems, but I'm not sure which would be best. So, I'm wondering what all of you think.

    Specifically, I would like a system that works similar to Ring in that I can choose the motion zones and access the camera feeds from a mobile app. I would prefer if they were able to be solar+battery powered, though just rechargeable batteries would be fine if solar ends up being too expensive. And while I am tech savvy, my mother who also lives in the house is not. So while the setup can be as complex as necessary, I would prefer if accessing the feeds is as simple as possible.

    Does anyone know what best fits my needs, or if something like this even exists?

    Thank you for your time and responses!

    submitted by /u/felmane
    [link] [comments]

    Ezviz automation capability with Google Nest Hub

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:57 PM PST

    I have explored and searched the possibility to create an automation functionality that would allow for whenever my Ezviz exterior camera detects motion to then automatically show on my Google Nest Hub to no avail. I've explored IFTTT and the native apps for Ezviz/Google Home and Assistant with similar results.

    Does such a functionality/workaround exist? For reference, I believe the camera is a CW3N. TIA!

    submitted by /u/crazymark316
    [link] [comments]

    Are door / window sensors becoming obsolete with video monitoring?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:35 PM PST

    With how accurate video detection is it seems to me that a physical door open alarm has become obsolete. I'll know someone is approaching my house well before they have a chance to break in.

    submitted by /u/wol
    [link] [comments]

    Honeywell Lyric won't stop beeping ( 950 comms error )

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:55 AM PST

    Hello, I bought a house with a 2 year old honeywell lyric security system. It reads 950 comms error and starts beeping every 10 minutes till we silence it. I called the company that installed it and asked them to help me shut it up, but they won't help me unless I buy monitoring from them and they want $40 a month which I'm just not willing to pay.

    I figured out online that I need their installer code, I believe it is. They aren't willing to give it to me or send someone to punch it in unless I'm a customer.

    Do I have any options to make this self monitored, or at a minimum silence it and run it as an unmonitored system? Is there a way to get around the installer code?

    How can I shut it up without needing an election? Volume is all the way down already...

    submitted by /u/-QuarterLifeCrisis
    [link] [comments]

    ADC-SEM210-ATT & DSC PC1864 - not making weekly test calls to monitoring service

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:03 AM PST

    Setup: ADC-SEM210-ATT, DSC1864, direct alarm monitoring by local PD.

    I installed/updated my alarm system last month. The SEM210 is communicating with my alarm.com app and correctly identifies when zones open and close. The SEM210 is enabled for only cellular at this time, but will add ethernet backup later. I got a letter from our monitoring company that my system is not making weekly test calls.

    I believe this is because of the Communicator Variable settings in my DSC 1864 panel. What settings need to be Enabled and Disabled for the SEM210 and the 1864 to send test messages?

    Any input would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    (Cross-posted to Alarm.com subreddit)

    submitted by /u/Keystone0605
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment