• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 28, 2021

    Home security: Looking to buy a Camera with no WiFi or cell access for grandparent’s old house.

    Home security: Looking to buy a Camera with no WiFi or cell access for grandparent’s old house.


    Looking to buy a Camera with no WiFi or cell access for grandparent’s old house.

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 05:40 AM PST

    Hi all!

    My family is in the process of selling my grandparents' old farm house, about 10 minutes away from us. They have since moved out, and there is no internet nor cell service there. Their son is estranged from them and lives across the street. There are no other immediate neighbors. He often comes and goes on the property and roots through for anything and everything he wants (we have some odds and ends left to clear out in the garage and barns). My grandparents finally conceded to getting cameras to catch him. I was thinking of a trail cam with Bluetooth access so that I would be able to mount the cameras in one fixed location, and download any footage from them wirelessly to my phone every day within a Bluetooth range. Does anyone have any recommendations for this, or think of a better idea? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Gertie_Gerkins
    [link] [comments]

    ADT Security Camera Flaws Open Homes to Eavesdropping

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 07:04 AM PST

    Need a security camera for apartment

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 01:48 PM PST

    Several months ago we had a someone break into our apartment and so we got a security camera that had good reviews and was affordable, the little elf indoor camera. After a while it started developing way too many issues, too many to go into detail here, I can't even talk to the ppl who own it as they don't speak enough English to understand me.

    So we want to get a new one that is reliable and has good, English-speaking customer service if anything does go wrong. It has to plug into an outlet as we rent and in needs night vision since we mostly have it on at night. And an alert to my phone when it detects movement. We'd like it to be of good quality, but preferably not exceeding $100, definitely not over $150. Cloud storage would be nice, but can't afford an expensive service. Not sure we even need it since we know who broke in, she's another resident who has severe mental health issues and I believe not aware enough to steal the camera (she walked right past our laptops and my purse to steal our medicine and fire extinguisher). We also want to record the buildings staff when they have to enter our apartment, we don't trust them and want them on record, so preferably needs to record audio as well.

    submitted by /u/the-greenest-thumb
    [link] [comments]

    4MP Dahua Camera - Pls check my config

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 10:22 AM PST

    4MP Dahua Camera - Pls check my config

    I'm trying to optimize daytime recording of motion detected traffic. I'd like to improve the level of detail for license plates and info on the bodies of commercial trucks. Here are my current settings and are there any I should change? This camera is a IPC-HFW4431R-Z 2.7-12mm with optical zoom.

    IP Camera Conditions settings

    Picture Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness and Gamma are all between 60-80.

    Exposure Antiflicker is Outdoor and Mode is Auto

    Backlight is HLC set @ 50

    WB is Auto

    Day & Night is Day-Color

    IR Light Day-Off

    IP Camera Video Settings

    Encode H.265

    Smart Codec Off

    Resolution 2592*1520

    Frame rate 15

    Bit Rate VBR

    Quality 5

    Max Bit Rate 2048

    submitted by /u/brian2003
    [link] [comments]

    Qolsys Options & Alternatives? (See first comment for description)

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 08:44 AM PST

    NightOwl DVR stopped working, need a replacement for old cameras. Help?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 12:17 AM PST

    My NightOwl DVR stopped working, but the camera's are fine. I just need a new DVR but I can't seem to find any standalone DVR's. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some DVRs they really liked that are affordable

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/chand5480
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me identify this panel.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 09:25 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment