• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 28, 2021

    Home security: ISmart Alarm out of business

    Home security: ISmart Alarm out of business


    ISmart Alarm out of business

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 07:33 PM PST

    Not sure if anyone has this system, but as of yesterday it's gone.

    They didn't even notify customers, just out up a notice on the app so you had to be logged in to find out.

    They say "meShare inc" will support the service for a year, but users are reporting bricked systems, inability to arm alarms, and the few who've been able to move to the new service no longer get notifications of alarms going off, and the cameras are disconnected from the alarm altogether.

    submitted by /u/FivebyFive
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an NVR recommendation

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 02:41 PM PST

    New to the community but thought I'd ask here. I'm looking for an NVR recommendation within a few parameters.

    I do a fair amount of work at a summer camp and have been building out our network over the years. Now that we have an ISP that gives us a decent speed there has been some talk about adding cameras for remote viewing since the camp itself is about 2 hours from the home office.

    I've been playing with some Jennov cameras and like them for their price and construction so I'd like to stick with that.

    As for what I'd like in an NVR is 16 channels. Something with Onvif control as we may be having some PTZ cameras. I'd like to have one with app support, that way we can add users/viewers as needed. And hoping that this can be gotten for not more that $250-300.

    Now the big hitch, the cameras wouldn't be in one speficic building, rather spread around the property. Again, the network itself isn't an issue, but I want to make sure that whatever is recommended/ purchased can handle inputs without having to be directly connected to to the NVR, just on the same network.

    Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations, tips and advice.

    submitted by /u/crustygizzardbuns
    [link] [comments]

    Quolsys iq 2- set delay between chime and voice?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 06:16 AM PST

    Hi! Just upgraded to the quolsys iq 2 panel from the original quolsys panel I had (the one with the two buttons at the bottom). On my old panel, I had it set where if a door opened there would be a chime notification immediately followed by a voice notification of which sensor was activated. On this panel, both the chime and voice are announced simultaneously.

    Is there anything in the installer options or settings I can change to have it chime and then voice announce?

    submitted by /u/antgoesmarching
    [link] [comments]

    Am I going to receive motion alerts if Im indoors with this framing?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 03:24 AM PST

    Hey there,

    I'm trying to decide where to place my PoE cameras, for the back patio my prefered location would look something like this: (mobile phone pic)

    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2kw6HFc\]\[img\][https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50880081773\_c4acc48694\_b.jpg\[/img\]\[/url\]\[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kw6HFc\]IMG\_20210127\_114516\[/url\]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50880081773_c4acc48694_b.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kw6HFc]IMG_20210127_114516[/url]) by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/54123954@N04/\]xocas2001\[/url\], en Flickr

    My problem is, if I am INDOORS, either in the kitchen (right window) or the living (the other big window) am I going to get motion alerts? The camera has AI and would be set to alert only if persons are in the frame.

    I know I can mask it out but the same masked area is relevant if outside the window...

    This patio is the most vulnerable part of my house, so the other less efficient way would be to use two cameras, one more or less from the door looking outward and other to cover the left area (where there are quite a lot of ground level windows)

    Thanks for the insight

    submitted by /u/Xocas75
    [link] [comments]

    Need to catch a stalker

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 10:43 AM PST

    I know that I've been stalked digitally with GPS and recording devices, but because this is an ex who i have kids with, I can't get a TRO until I provide new evidence. I should have gotten one previously with old evidence but I was busy getting to safety and filing for divorce.

    I have to meet with this person 2-3 times a week to exchange kids. I also know that they will likely drive past my home and I have to provide that address until I have an RO. I need to make sure they aren't putting tracking devices on my car while meeting.

    So I need a system that can record sound and video of these interactions when exchanging kids but be discreet. And then I need to be able to record video and sound outside of the home. Because I will likely be moving to another home in a few months, I need this system to be easily transportable.

    All of the systems I'm looking at are marketed at people trying to stop theft and or home intrusion. Since this is not my primary goal, I'm not sure what would work best for me. I don't want to alert the stalker to being filmed as it will help my case the more evidence I have.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/TrumpsCovidfefe
    [link] [comments]

    Hikvision's Smart Alerts & Face Detection

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 10:04 AM PST

    Hey all - anyone know if Hikvision runs the CV for smart alerts and face detection in the cloud or on the device itself?

    submitted by /u/bgotch
    [link] [comments]

    Any reason to get Synology, Qnap over the Reolink Ai person detection NVR?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:44 AM PST

    Hi,

    Trying to set up a better 24/7 security system. I have read people recommendation for Synology but not a lot about the new Reolink Ai.

    I think Synology is way more $ but not sure yet.

    My biggest concern would be false notification that why I'm looking at systems with Person detection.

    I think I like the Reolink way that you can add WiFi cameras to record 24/7 if I don't want to run a Ethernet cable. But the majority of the cams would be hardwired Ethernet PoE. Not sure if Synology,Qnap can do the same.

    It would also be nice to be able to add a Doorbell camera.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/inxider
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for 4k security cameras that only record via Motion Detection, and Can record on a NAS?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 02:35 AM PST

    Ive been having trouble since most people would just recommend me a nest or some other cameras that only record on the cloud which is okay, but i want to utilize my NAS storage. Btw im a beginner thats why im asking here.

    submitted by /u/Sephoyy
    [link] [comments]

    What are some of the ways you can disable hidden cameras in your own room without locating them?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 04:47 AM PST

    Hi all. Long (horrible) story short I became aware of being filmed in my house over a year ago through intricacies in spoken dialogue and then it exploded into something else. Anyway, I went to law enforcement for it but then I thought why would I want to replace hidden cameras with more hidden cameras? It doesn't really make sense to me. I was wondering, is there any way I can disable the cameras without locating them? This might mean the hidden microphones are unimpacted but anything is better than nothing. Is there like a flash device I can use daily in case once they're blinded they're replaced? You can probably tell by now, I'm not techie at all. I don't know who I can hire to go into the house wiring or what new things they might add. Just the easiest and cheapest option is what I'm looking for. Or if not, at least I can think of some spin off way to solve the problem. I thought of just covering the walls, but I don't know with what I can do that and obviously that means having outsiders in my room will be difficult. Thanks for the help, I could really use it

    submitted by /u/zoobayam
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment