• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 2, 2020

    Home security: This apartment has to be my hell loop

    Home security: This apartment has to be my hell loop


    This apartment has to be my hell loop

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:48 PM PST

    So I recently moved into my first apartment. It was an extremely expedited experience and though I'm appreciative this may have been the worst place possible for me to move considering I have pretty bad ptsd from an abduction/murder attempt on my life last year.

    The apartment is seemingly secure but it has two main elements that will not allow me to have any sense of peace.

    1. The apartments are from the 70 and they put laminate floors throughout each unit with no carpeting. The house constantly sounds like somebody is coming into, walking around, or looking for something in my cabinets. Literally it makes loud knocks like somebody threw a brick at my door often and idk if reddit allows us to post vids but every fridge in the property from the people I've talked to makes this same knock that sounds like a human knocking on a door. I'm a fat dude. I know my way around a fridge. That fridge does the little rhythmic knock you do when you go visit your grandma or something. It's super specific. Not a fixable problem but you see where this is a compounding issue.

    2. I wasn't aware before I moved in that the second form of egress in the apt is a giant freaking glass sliding door....in my bedroom. Oh but this isn't just any sliding door, it leads to a walk up second story patio that's situated above the parking garage. So yup, you guessed it anyone who hops the fence or is walking the property or who gets drunk and gets in a drag out fight with their girlfriend CAN WALK UP TO/in YOUR BEDROOM with ease. I been here a month and It literally happened twice, I almost killed somebody's drunk nephew with my "security brick" (patent pending). Is there anyway beside the bar it has and the lil pin thing bro secure that door? Like it's hard to feel safe with all the noise and the constant worry about that door, when I moved in I didn't sleep for five days. A literal five days. my body can't handle this.

    I get the concept of a gun, a bat, or these hands. I'm not scared of combat I just don't want to deal with it in the first place. How can I secure the door to where it's a non factor? And tips on how to drown out the incessant building mouse would help to

    submitted by /u/Jazzlike_West605
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Multiple sensors into one zone

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 05:20 PM PST

    I am looking to install a Vista 20p system into a home we are in process of moving to. Due to some detached buildings, number of windows and layout I'm probably going to have more than 48 sensors.

    Is there any reason multiple normally open sensors in parallel and multiple normally closed sensors can't be used on a single zone? The zone could be wired by directly connect with panel or wireless using the Honeywell 5817. I'm ok with the sensors not being individually identified (eg the windows and doors of one detached building just being a single zone titled 'shop entry').

    TIA

    submitted by /u/hooraysimpsons
    [link] [comments]

    Eurocylinder lock question

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 03:24 PM PST

    Usually to lock my door I have to lift the handle up and then turn the key in order to lock my front door. Today I went to leave the house and I lifted the handle up and it locked the door without turning the key. To get back in I had to unlock the door with the key. This is a multipoint door lock on a upvc door. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is now happening?

    submitted by /u/PS200sx
    [link] [comments]

    Nest, Simplisafe and Ring working to - Is there one I should use to encompass all?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 10:03 AM PST

    I recently moved into a house that had a Nest thermostat and smoke detectors already installed. In my previous house, I had a Ring doorbell and a Simplisafe security system in place.

    I have seen Nest Home Security pop up during this holiday season. Should I ditch our Simplisafe system and go with the Nest system?

    I am an Android user as it is, so wondering if this is more beneficial than our Simplisafe system, and would be a cheaper option.

    submitted by /u/anthonyhwright
    [link] [comments]

    Rtsp EZVIZ no stream

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 12:53 PM PST

    I have 2 EZVIZ c3a battery powered cameras that I would like to view rtsp streams outside their app.

    I have tried the following rtsp stream according to a forum (https://community.ezvizlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034827754-How-to-configure-RTSP-stream-?mobile_site=true):

    rtsp://admin: device verification code@192.168.195.3:554/H.264 but doesn't work

    I have also tried this (source: https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=EZVIZ), but doesn't work either:

    rtsp://admin: device verification code @192.168.185.3/h264_stream

    Am I missing something? Which is the username? Shall I stick to "admin"? In my app I have another user like " rtmxxxx"

    submitted by /u/bcraciun
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good home security product (console, sensors) that would be non monitored and also hybrid (options for wired) and wireless peripheral devices?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 03:42 PM PST

    Any smart locks with keypad for non deadbolt locks like this?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:36 AM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/82LTvZb.jpg

    I think its called a lever model. Basically the door leading to garage.

    Any idea if i can find smart locks with keypad ?

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/iluvapple
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment