• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 29, 2020

    Home security: Self-install door alarm doesn't turn off when door is closed

    Home security: Self-install door alarm doesn't turn off when door is closed


    Self-install door alarm doesn't turn off when door is closed

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:23 AM PST

    Hello,

    We are looking for a simple door alarm (like the kind with the magnetic sensor that sticks to the wall) and see many on Amazon but our biggest concern regarding those is that they are too easy to quiet. So far all of them turn off the second the door is closed again, and some also have an on/off switch on the device so it can be switched off right away by an intruder. Does anyone know of a (hopefully low cost) option that doesn't turn off unless a code is entered or remote is used?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ratburned
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback on Lorex wire-free options

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 02:13 PM PST

    Hi, I'd appreciate any feedback on these two wire-free options from Lorex. I haven't been able to find any third party reviews to tease out the differences.

    LHWF1080W-64

    L222A81-4CM-E

    The cameras will be installed near head height, just based on optimal coverage and the roof line, so it's important the only recording isn't on the camera. These Lorex options appear to be the only wireless battery options on the market that save to a NVR. Did I miss an alternative?

    I'm not interested in a PoE debate.

    submitted by /u/kythoon
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good ip camera to use?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 11:52 AM PST

    I'm getting rid of my hikvision cam's, not due to the privacy since my camera is on an isolated VLAN |

    The reason is the performance-wise of the cam's, random reboots, random freezing, or even no power unless I reboot my aruba poe switch.

    Now my budget is not limited, so I looking for cameras that last for long terms.

    I have been looking at

    Axis

    Bosch

    Sony

    Panasonic

    Just can't figure out which one to go with, and I want to know what's your favorite security cam's to install for a home.

    submitted by /u/Mr_HomeLabber
    [link] [comments]

    IP cameras help please

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 01:59 PM PST

    Hello all.I recently installed a generic security system from Amazon in my house.It is wireless cameras with a DVR system. The DVR has capabilities for remote viewing and has a ethernet cable in the back of the DVR box. Since I have the majority of the house running wireless routers I have a wireless Hotspot thats connected to the back of the DVR.I noticed I can watch the cameras on my LAN but I can't see anything if I'm not connected .Thank you

    submitted by /u/s10355ss
    [link] [comments]

    Mace Security Camera

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 11:08 AM PST

    Hello! My friend gave me a Mace SCS343MN 1/3" CCD Black and White Camera and a Mace SCP340MN 1/3" CCD Black and White Motorized Dome Camera. I don't know anything about wired security cameras. So the instructions are confusing to me. And then I tried to research the product and it confused me more. I didn't find much about this specific product probably due to its age? Or maybe I'm not using the proper terminology. But even when I'm comparing it to other products I don't even know where to begin. I tried using the company website already. It is no longer an active website. And the customer service number listed has been taken over by some "are you 60 years of age or older? Press 1 for your amazing offer" lol.

    It keeps mentioning the cords need to be plugged into the camera and then to the monitor. I don't understand what it means by monitor. Can that be my computer/laptop? If so, do I have to run the wires from outside to inside and have them going through my house to my computer? Or is there a central box they can all be plugged into and then I can get them to my computer? I'm so lost so any help or tips would be suuuuper appreciated. Thank you so much. :)

    submitted by /u/VivienJade
    [link] [comments]

    FLIR NVR APP FIX - IOS/ANDROID - FLIR CLOUD FIX - HOW TO GET FLIR NVR TO CONNECT TO PHONE

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:01 PM PST

    Hi guys. For a while I've been looking for a fix for my FLIR nvr. Since lorex took over, the new app no longer worked. It simply wouldn't connect. I used to use flir cloud, but soon after it broke and the lorex solution was of no help.

    I have found the solution

    The FLIR and some LOREX nvrs are manufactured by a company called Dahua. You have to use their app. Its the only one I've found that will connect and let me access the NVR from my phone.

    1. Download iDMSS Plus. Its on IOS and android.
    2. Go to device manager, the tap the plus
    3. Select SN/SCAN
    4. Scan the QR code of the nvr, then enter the password and whatever name you want. Click the save icon.
    5. Go to the live view section, then in the top right click the device list icon.
    6. On your device, check the checkbox, and press start live view
    7. done

    Hope this was able to help someone, as I struggled with it for a while.

    submitted by /u/FLIRNVRFIX
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment