• Breaking News

    Friday, December 25, 2020

    Home security: Have to move out of the city and into the country. It's on on acre. Would like a system that covers the whole lot.

    Home security: Have to move out of the city and into the country. It's on on acre. Would like a system that covers the whole lot.


    Have to move out of the city and into the country. It's on on acre. Would like a system that covers the whole lot.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 02:14 PM PST

    House has wires for the front but no wiring for sides or back. There are neighbours and it's on a major country round so I know people will be around. Further, our lawyer has had issues with the builder who keeps raising the price/costs and has threatened to 'get what belongs to him'.

    I have two kids and my parents will be moving in with us as they age so I worry about their safety.

    What does everyone suggest? Thank you

    submitted by /u/peji911
    [link] [comments]

    Home CCTV connected to an always on iPad screen

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 01:27 AM PST

    Hey everyone, I'm currently renovating a home and part of that is rewiring the entire place. I'm opting to place CCTV around the house, which will be hardwired POE cameras, with one in particular pointed at the front door.

    In theory, I'm thinking to connect all cameras and use their associated iPad app to get a live view of what's going on using an iPad that placed in the inside of the front door. This should mean that I can see the front door before I open it. Note, I don't have windows near the front door to see what's outside hence the idea of using a camera.

    The iPad will be wall mounted using a POE adapter to power it, thus making it "always on". The adapter will also provide a data connection as well.

    I just want to check that this idea works in other peoples minds and if there's anything I've missed or should consider.

    Note: I specifically did not want to get a camera doorbell because of past experience with lag and connectivity. I essentially want to create a live feed to what's outside using a camera and an iPad.

    I've sort of discarded the functionality of 2-way communication/audio because I guess it will add further complication to this set up but open to ideas.

    I'm based in the UK if that makes any difference.

    submitted by /u/hxv92
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 05:24 PM PST

    Hi. I just moved into a new home and am wanting to get a self monitoring security system. I have about 7 doors to enter the house and 7 casement windows on ground floor and also two door size windows in the foyer. House is about 4000 sf. Do I need window alarms on casement windows? Do glass break monitors work?

    Any brands to recommend on door and window alarms & glass break monitors. I do not want motion sensors due to our dogs.

    Cameras? Have a had Nest in the past and liked them other than price but I will pay it again of it works. Any other recommendations? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/doc7381
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a camera that records and store directly to a server.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 07:17 PM PST

    I am looking to place a camera in my apartment to have recordings of my partner and I. They will be used to submit to Strata as counter evidence.

    So far all the cameras i see have local or cloud storage but i would rather have the recordings saved directly to a server.

    submitted by /u/poobiess
    [link] [comments]

    ONVIF IP Camera (preferably 1440p or better) with permanent zoom lens?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 01:43 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I'm looking to install a camera monitoring my rather long driveway and the situation I'm in is that I have power and data near the house, but not near the end of the driveway. Installing a big ol PTZ dome or the like seems a bit unsightly and unnecessary. I'd Ideally like to find a dome style wall mounted camera with a fixed zoom lens to mount to my house and have permanently (no need for variable zoom or pan/tilt) looking at the far end of my driveway.

    My googling only gives me PTZ options, so I'm reaching out incase y'all know of a brand that will work with Blue Iris.

    Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/42Fab_com
    [link] [comments]

    Ethernet to USB C Adapter

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 11:12 AM PST

    I'm installing a couple of Ezviz cameras (CX3 round the back and C3N round the front). Both are WiFi capable cameras but I wanted to run the ethernet cable inside as a backup anyway, just as an insurance incase I encounter router issues or something in the future.

    However, I don't want to drill too many big holes into my wall. What I was thinking of doing was running the ethernet cable through the wall as a USB C but I can't find any Ethernet (Male) to USB C (Male) adapters online.

    Does anyone here know of a decent ethernet to usb c adapter, or even an alternative solution?

    submitted by /u/georgehars
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a house that has cameras outside; don’t know how to access them

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 11:03 AM PST

    I became the proud owner of a new home on Tuesday 🎉. The outside has what looks like new(er) Nightowl cameras everywhere.

    The sellers left the cameras and the DVR. The thing is, I don't know how to access these cameras or reset them. I have no idea the app they were using for them, the password, etc.

    I reached out to my realtor, who reached out to theirs, but now since the deal is done, they are not responding.

    Is there a way I can still use these cameras?

    submitted by /u/rouxinajar
    [link] [comments]

    An Inexpensive Security System

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 10:52 AM PST

    When it comes to home security, we've been made to think that expensive electronics (huge profits) are the answer when a simple, low-cost, police-accepted strategy is preferable. The police don't have the time or resources to chase down property crimes unless you use the strategy they recommend. That strategy is called Operation ID in the U.S. and Canada, and proxy marking in Ireland, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand. This method of home and personal security dates back to the 1960s, but I am the first company to modernize the approach using the internet. Here's how MyPropertyID works. Think of a license plate on a car. All it takes is a screwdriver to take it off. Its power is in the backend databases the police tap into to trace stolen vehicles. MyPropertyID is a private version that also works as a global lost and found.

    submitted by /u/MyPropertyID
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment