• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 27, 2020

    Home security: [Advice] just bought a home that’s set up for ADT, should I keep it?

    Home security: [Advice] just bought a home that’s set up for ADT, should I keep it?


    [Advice] just bought a home that’s set up for ADT, should I keep it?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 05:48 AM PST

    I'm a single woman who just purchased a home in a high crime area. I had to be in this area for work, unfortunately. The majority of the crimes committed are property crimes. Late night criminals pulling on door handles, turning knobs during the night and day, etc.

    The previous owners had ADT so the house already has what looks like a newer keypad and sensors on the doors and windows. And it works, my realtor accidentally set it off during a showing and boy is it LOUD.

    I planned on having a monitored home alarm and I already told my homeowners insurance company I would get one; I just don't know if it's worth keeping ADT or if there is a better option. I don't have the slightest idea how much this costs monthly either since ADT's website doesn't give any indication of prices.

    I'm not home alarm savvy. I've never had one nor used one. It's just a necessity for me at this point.

    submitted by /u/marmaladeskies80
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink Cloud secure?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:07 PM PST

    Hi.

    Looking into simplifying my home system (current setup synology Surv Station and Reolink cams).

    How secure or safe is to use Reolink Cloud?

    Sorry, but I cant find any good reviews from Google with that info.

    submitted by /u/die-microcrap-die
    [link] [comments]

    Here you find a review of the NEW Aqara M2 hub!! Please check this video if you consider building your smart home with this Aqara hub based on the Zigbee protocol and/or Apple Homekit. Is this the smart security alarm device for you? #aqara #smarthome #homekit #zigbee

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:24 AM PST

    Locked Qolsys panel

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:17 PM PST

    Locked Qolsys panel

    As a Christmas gift I received a Qolsys iq panel2 from a family member. They bought it used off eBay. The seller had reset everything but apparently it is still locked to his Brinks account. I have full access to the panel but can't get it monitored from anyone because of this. There not sure if they can get any help from the seller. I can use the system as non monitored but can't do anything through an app(alarm.com). Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Tlend
    [link] [comments]

    NAS and security cams setup

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:15 AM PST

    Hi guys, I'm just choosing right security setup for my house. I was thinking of buying Asustor NAS and compatible cameras. What bugs me that you can add just 4 and then you have to pay extra for adding more. Additionally I believe it doesnt support door and window sensors. Is this NAS a way to go or is there a better way if I don't want to pay monthly fee? I want to be able to check the house when I am not home using some app and I want to get a notification if anything that requires my attention happens.

    submitted by /u/CreepyFollowing3767
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for motorized driveway gate recommendations

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:43 PM PST

    Hey all, I'm planning to put a gate across my driveway and would love some input. If anyone has any experience with specific manufacturers or advice in general I would love to hear it. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/300lsx
    [link] [comments]

    Lower-Profile Bunkers?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:21 PM PST

    Hey folks, I'm planning on making the transition to being a glorious bunker bro at some point in the not-too-distant future. Many old hardened structures are available in the United States, some of which are even priced comparable to a midsized house. Of course such a structure (once retrofitted and made livable) would be very fortified and secure, but there's a glaring OpSec issue that I think people usually overlook: these old Cold War structures are not discrete at all. You can look up a list of their exact locations on Wikipedia. My concern is that once our world dissolves into the orange-skied Mad Max fuckscape that surely awaits us, every dummy with a rifle and pickup truck full of buddies will decide that he can just go grab that bunker for himself.

    So then, my question is this: are you guys aware of any classes of hardened structure which are available for purchase, but aren't quite as famous as the abandoned missile silos that everybody daydreams about? For example, there are hardened telecommunications bunkers which are also quite secure but rarely ever discussed. Any suggestions for high-security, low-profile structures?

    submitted by /u/Waffle_bastard
    [link] [comments]

    Can anybody help chose a camera system?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 04:17 PM PST

    https://www.samsclub.com/p/night-owl-12-channel-4k-wired-surveillance-cameras/prod24750069?xid=plp_product_13

    https://www.samsclub.com/p/defender-uhd-4k-2tb-wired-security-system/prod24180033?xid=plp_product_2

    Anybody ever used either of these? Looking for a new camera system for my business, would prefer 10 cameras total. I don't need monitoring, just cameras.

    I'd also prefer to stick with something Sams has, just because I can use my Amex points for a hefty git card there, so they'll essentially be free. I'm very open to suggestions though. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/kendogg
    [link] [comments]

    Garage door key pad with guest pin/timer

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 06:55 PM PST

    Looking for a wireless keypad that can be programmed with guest access with specific times of use. Google hasn't turned up much wondering if you guys know of any.

    submitted by /u/CPTherptyderp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment