• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 27, 2020

    Home security: Recommendations to install cameras at a condo but can’t mount outside

    Home security: Recommendations to install cameras at a condo but can’t mount outside


    Recommendations to install cameras at a condo but can’t mount outside

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 05:30 PM PST

    So as it goes it's a condo and I just as soon avoid mounting cameras outside due to he condo bylaws. So the only option is to mount a camera or two to windows facing outward. I've seen a few ideas on Amazon but didn't want to spend the money without know the best way to do this!

    A friend recommended the ReoLink 4K nvr, which has great picture but won't exactly work. So if I did go with this I'd have to find a way to mount one of the cameras with suction cups or something.

    submitted by /u/woodsyguy7
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor cam with good phone app and motion detection.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:00 AM PST

    I`m considering replacing my dahua and wyze cams out doors for something with a bit more intelligence and better (faster) app. I have a nest doorbell and really like the app and the motion detection is pretty good, it can spot faces rather than just any object moving.
    The Nest IQ outdoor is a bit on the pricey side so wondering if there was anything else available? Even better if it doesnt rely on cloud storage and i can use my NAS.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/paulr70
    [link] [comments]

    [Advice] indoor camera recommendations.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:57 PM PST

    Hey guys, just recently installed blue Iris 5 and I am loving it. Wanting to add a couple cameras indoor for my house to cover my two doors, but I'd prefer to keep the cameras as low profile as possible as to keep visitors at ease when they arrive.

    Is there a camera you might recommend? I'm hoping to at least have 1080p, but would prefer 2K. POE would be nice but could deal with WiFi.

    No on-board storage needed.

    submitted by /u/djneubs
    [link] [comments]

    [Advice] indoor camera recommendations.

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:57 PM PST

    Hey guys, just recently installed blue Iris 5 and I am loving it. Wanting to add a couple cameras indoor for my house to cover my two doors, but I'd prefer to keep the cameras as low profile as possible as to keep visitors at ease when they arrive.

    Is there a camera you might recommend? I'm hoping to at least have 1080p, but would prefer 2K. POE would be nice but could deal with WiFi.

    No on-board storage needed.

    submitted by /u/djneubs
    [link] [comments]

    Ring Doorbell Viewing Angle with Corner Kit

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 09:29 PM PST

    Just got a Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus, however my doorbell is on the side (i.e. perpendicular to the front door). I could either install it right next to the door using the battery option or wire it directly to my old doorbell and try to use the corner wedges.

    Any experience with how the viewing angle is with the mounting surface being a full 90 degrees from the door?

    submitted by /u/axkoam
    [link] [comments]

    IP Cameras - Remote Viewing w/o Subscription

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:08 PM PST

    I have IP cameras connected to a DVR and a clunky HonView Touch (Honeywell) system for remote viewing. This is free, but gets disconnected frequently and troubleshooting has to be done by the security company that installed it.

    Are there good options for viewing these cameras without a monthly subscription? There is free software like iSPY for recording to a PC, but to view remotely there is a subscription fee.

    submitted by /u/bored123abc
    [link] [comments]

    Vivint DVR Questions

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:34 PM PST

    Was hoping to get Vivint outdoor cameras with a DVR, but I'm rural and don't get the best upload data rate.

    Tech guy says the DVR is constantly uploading to the cloud then back to the DVR. I would have thought all the data would be stored locally not requiring more bandwidth than a standard camera. He says if his internet is down, he can't access the past history with his DVR.

    Is that right? Seems ridiculous to have to send all my video feed over my internet just to have to go right back to the DVR box.

    Any other video soliton that could be on all the time and not hog my internet?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gtlogic
    [link] [comments]

    best hidden spy camera?

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:51 AM PST

    I feel like my driver / house help is stealing random stuff from my house.

    Things I've recently 'lost' in my own hose are:

    -my empty suitcase ( it was the best suit case ever! )

    -my flash drive ( had important docs copies which I have in my pc but he's uneducated so no harm done )

    -my nose trimmer ( wtf is he gonna do with this?! )

    I am pretty sure its his sneaky ass stealing my stuff and I wonna bust him really badly but need evidence first.

    What are some good mini spy cameras i can place in my house? note, live in a 3rd world country so WIFI is not the best as it can be disrupted by frequent power outages.

    what would you suggest? You can suggest anything that can be easily bought from Canada and then I'll be able to ship it over.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jvn3
    [link] [comments]

    Vista 21IP

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 07:46 AM PST

    Hey guys just wondering if you dont want to pay for Total Connect 2.0 can you use some sort of local dashboard. Does the 21ip have a dashboard on its lan ip.

    submitted by /u/Tony_The_Developer
    [link] [comments]

    Intel compute stick with Windows 10 Home and iSpy Free

    Posted: 26 Dec 2020 12:53 PM PST

    In Windows 10 I selected the performance adjustment option which turns off unnecessary animations so the low powered Intel processor can run just fine ans fast.

    https://imgur.com/a/1VDhfiL

    I installed the iSpy free software for surveillance and it works with any camera. I chose the record on motion detection and it revords when something moves. This is good idea because it saves a lot of storage. I added a 32gig MicroSD to the Compute stick.

    I am using it with the Wyze 2 Cam official mod that turns the camera into a WebCam.

    submitted by /u/xerxes7777
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment