• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 28, 2020

    Home security: What kind of camera do I need for observing a road 40-50 meters away?

    Home security: What kind of camera do I need for observing a road 40-50 meters away?


    What kind of camera do I need for observing a road 40-50 meters away?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 10:42 AM PST

    Just for fun and learning purposes, I'd like to create some kind of traffic counter solution using AI. For that I will need to have a constant IP camera feed from the nearest road. I live on the 6th floor (20 meters/65 feets), the road is like 40 meters/130 feets far.

    So, what kind of camera do I need to monitor the traffic with relatively good picture quality?
    I have ZERO experience with cameras and the specs are completely confusing me (like 1,3megapixel camera BUT fullhd capabilities...). I assume some kind of optical zoom would be nice to have for such distance, but I'm not sure of it's necessary. Also a fairly good frame per second stream would be nice to have. Budget: not to much, project is for fun only...

    Can you please point me to the right direction? What parameters should I focus on?

    submitted by /u/szeca
    [link] [comments]

    Vivotek Network Video Recorder ND9312 - Step by Step Tutorial

    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 02:28 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment