• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 11, 2020

    Home security: Suggestions for a system that "wakes up" on motion?

    Home security: Suggestions for a system that "wakes up" on motion?


    Suggestions for a system that "wakes up" on motion?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 05:26 PM PST

    I've got a few foscams and wyze cams, but I don't mind reselling and buying new to fit my needs.

    What I'd like is something like an echo show on my desk that is not on 24/7 but instead will wake up and display a feed from the camera with motion.

    Bonus if multiple cameras have motion a grid of feeds is shown

    Anything like this exist?

    submitted by /u/SurgioClemente
    [link] [comments]

    NVR - Which Path To Go?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 09:47 AM PST

    I want to replace my old swannview setup with a new NVR and approximately 5-8 cameras. I am an IT nerd so spinning up my own servers and such are simple (even fun) for me. I seem to be stuck between the big off the shelf NAS players (QNAP/Synology) and spinning up my own open source server like blueiris or one of the Linux options. After playing around with Wyze and Eufy I really like the ability to open an app on my phone and quickly see what is going one of my cameras.

    Any suggestions or experience? Have you bounced around some of these options?

    submitted by /u/feedmeliver
    [link] [comments]

    Where are recordings stored iSpy software?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 03:13 PM PST

    Bedroom door lock

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 07:14 AM PST

    Not the most exciting topic, but need help.

    Anyone know any locks like this but with a rectangular baseplate? Because I need to replace the door handle with a locking one and the paint under the existing lock doesn't match. It also needs to be drill-less.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/bigfatg11
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a simple door chime device, suggestions?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 10:05 AM PST

    All I'm looking for is a simple door open monitoring system that will chime at the device that the door is open. I don't need/cannot install a Honeywell systems that I've seen mentioned a ton here. I do not want something like Wyze, Nest, or Wink that chimes on my phone.

    I live in an apartment, so I can't install a full system. It isn't large, so I don't need a speaker alert system. Is there anything as simple as this?

    submitted by /u/Baldish
    [link] [comments]

    Cellular leak / freeze sensor?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2020 05:30 AM PST

    Can anyone recommend a cellular leak / freeze sensor? I need one that will work without WiFi.

    (This is a repeat of this post to a related subreddit; I couldn't figure out how to crosspost the proper way:) https://reddit.com/r/HomeImprovement/comments/jrkwiv/cellular_leak_freeze_sensor/

    submitted by /u/snark_nerd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment