• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 25, 2020

    Home security: Products bought, now what?

    Home security: Products bought, now what?


    Products bought, now what?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 05:15 PM PST

    Alright, so move in day for my house build is approaching next month. I posted a few months ago asking on what I would need to get started and had some great responses.

    I'm going with a blue iris setup, amcrest 8mp cameras and everything on PoE. All of the above has already been purchased and have the computer to run blue iris when I'm ready to start.

    This will give me cameras around the perimeter of the house and barn(we ran cat6 before we built the barn).

    We have a man door next to the garage and I need suggestions for a video doorbell. Does the amcrest doorbell make sense so everything is pretty much the same?

    I also have a net gear SmartThings with door sensors and an alarm that I will be hooking up.

    What else am I missing? Anything I need to consider before set up? Any suggestions for set up?

    Any help or guidance from lessons learned would be great.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Ohioste
    [link] [comments]

    Please help I'm looking for a system and I don't know where to start (Canada)

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 03:12 PM PST

    My current Bell Smart Home cameras did not pick up an incident at my home and I just want a whole new setup.

    I need 4 outdoor cameras and 2 indoor cameras that are recording 24/7 that I can watch from a monitor. Being able to watch from my phone is a bonus. I don't even know where to start.

    Cost is not a factor.

    Please help.

    submitted by /u/colsamcartergsd
    [link] [comments]

    Door Alarm Security System

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 06:01 PM PST

    Just bought my first home and would like a security system. I'm looking for recommendations on door alarm systems that:

    • I can turn the alarm on and leave the house
    • Door will alarm when a door is opened
    • Alert on my phone if a door alarm is triggered
    • preferably no monthly subscription fee but could be considered

    Essentially I want to arm my door alarms when I leave for work. If someone tries to break in an alarm will sound and I'll get an alert on my phone.

    Any feedback? I'm fine with DIY systems.

    submitted by /u/UnknownUsername12345
    [link] [comments]

    POE cameras (2) with no monthly fee

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 02:13 PM PST

    I've got two drops on the house with ethernet routing to them and am looking for 2 cameras I can install that will use POE. I know there are a lot of posts about it, but there doesn't seem to be a current "top list" that would be useful on the sidebar, maybe someone can give me a rundown on what's the current market leader. Would like it to work with smart home technology as well.

    submitted by /u/iapprovethiscomment
    [link] [comments]

    Does Lorex POE cameras accept 48V through passive injector?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 09:50 AM PST

    Hi, I have one camera that is a pretty long run and sometimes it works and sometimes not. I am looking at getting a cheap $5 48V POE injector on ebay for that one camera but looking at the spec sheet it says POE 12V. I thought all POE was 48V? Will the 48V injector work with the camera? I am afraid of frying the camera.

    I have the LNB8005 camera hooked directly up to the NVR. I was thinking of adding the injector in between that.

    submitted by /u/dentaltech4
    [link] [comments]

    Nanny cams

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 06:25 PM PST

    Looking for small inconspicuous nanny cams that i could put in my home to catch my wife mid affair. Its been going on for a while now but I don't really have any solid evidence to confront her with so this is pretty much a last resort.

    submitted by /u/JDillon99
    [link] [comments]

    Amcrest POE and network issues

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 09:51 AM PST

    Hey all, I've purchased a 16ch amcrest system with 10 4k cameras. the way they work it there are 8 channels on the NVR (direct connected cameras) and the additional cameras have to go through a POE switch. Because of physical layout I have this setup:

    NVR with 7 cameras directly connected, NVR connected to router POE switch with 3 dameras directly connected, switch connected to router

    Cameras are all 4k and currently set to operate 4k.

    I have Century link's max service for my area 80 download 10mbps upload.

    the 3 cameras do not show up in the network and I can't access anything online. Amcrest says this is because I don't have enough network capability.

    I am confused. Why is any of this using my internet bandwidth all the time. should't it only eat my bandwidth if I'm trying to remotely view things (e.g. over the internet in a physically different location or on my phone over cellular data)?

    this is an absolute deal breaker if my security system is going to take all of my resources when I'm also trying to work or stream or anything else life related at home. It seems wrong and they certainly don't advertise minimum requirements for internet connectivity.

    I've now got a $1200 system hard wired into my house that it looks like isn't going to let me remote monitor and might not work at all....can anyone help add some clarity here for me?

    submitted by /u/atomicskier76
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need an NVR with ReoLink rlc-510a camera?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 02:31 PM PST

    It looks like it stores 97 hours or so on SD card. If I plug into router, will I need an NVR or can I use as is...

    submitted by /u/iapprovethiscomment
    [link] [comments]

    [eBay] 5% EBAY BUCKS Sitewide! Offer: 2020 November 24th

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 02:36 PM PST

    https://pages.ebay.com/rewards/2020/1123/91fm9n3l48x9k37v.html

    Now is a great time to pick up some gear you have been waiting on!

    submitted by /u/danakinzero
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anybody who could program a tool that automatically moves SD recordings from Reolink cameras to a PC / server?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2020 05:51 AM PST

    Hi!

    It'd be great if there was a programmer that could to such a thing.

    The files saved on the SD cards of a Reolink camera (E1 zoom) should be transferred to a pc / server / hardrive.

    Maybe this works with a custom Reolink Client extension?

    The problem with using the ftp functionalities and similar would be that it only saves files to a ftp server if the Wifi is working. There are always some connection issue happening, so transferring the files that got recorded to the sd card when there are no connection issues might be a working idea.

    So my solution would be to actually move the files (Oldest first) from the sd card to the PC and let the software delete these transferred files on the SD card.

    submitted by /u/Kombiice
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment