• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 1, 2020

    Home security: Moving into a new home single male, I'm just looking for a system of sensors that can notify me if I'm at work if someone were to try to break in. What should I go with?

    Home security: Moving into a new home single male, I'm just looking for a system of sensors that can notify me if I'm at work if someone were to try to break in. What should I go with?


    Moving into a new home single male, I'm just looking for a system of sensors that can notify me if I'm at work if someone were to try to break in. What should I go with?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 04:50 AM PST

    Tools left outside.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 12:51 PM PST

    I was recently helping out replacing a door and door frame with my cousin and had seen he left a standard 4 or 5 foot spade shovel outside. I warned him against doing that seeing how it could've been used to gain relatively easy entry to his house. The old door was solid core and only being replaced due to being ugly. The look on his face was priceless when I stuck the shovel in the door next to the frame and popped it open. Both locks were locked (deadbolted) but the frame splintered and the door was open enough to gain entry.

    Moral of the story, use quality materials and extra long screws to hold your doors and frames together. Even the simplest tool left outside can be used to help gain entry to a house.

    submitted by /u/politelystiff
    [link] [comments]

    Lost NVR password. Cannot override or reset

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 02:35 PM PST

    Could someone spy on you with a boroscope?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Okay so, I'm probably crazy. & idk where or who to ask about this..

    Hypothetical question, but could somebody spy on while standing right outside your home, with a boroscope?

    The modern Peeping Tom..

    (25F) just moved in a new house with my kids and I cant shake the feeling like I'm being watched.. its a small town, I've lived in the next town over most of my life. I move in this neighborhood and the majority of my neighbors are actually all related? ( lol..guess the state)

    Anyway, it was known for atleast a two week period that I was going to move in, beforehand. Could it be possible that somebody could of drilled tiny holes in the wall so that they could see what was going on inside? My neighbors reference things they shouldn't have a clue about, they have word dropped my darkest insecurities. Help. Dont judge. Please, I have other reasons to believe I'm being watched, but thats a time consuming activity.

    submitted by /u/unclesuzuki
    [link] [comments]

    Need security solution

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 07:09 AM PST

    Hey there, new to this subreddit, I have quite a bit of experience installing wired cameras, and find customers usually prefer this method, however I have a rural customer I'm trying to help, she wants a system to watch over some puppers in her kennels but her wifi in home is Hughes net and the modem won't make the distance for wifi based cameras, I was trying to find a solution to install wireless to dvr cameras but can't find any that will make the shot, it's about 500 feet to the house and customer would prefer to run no wires across. There is power inside the building but it's mostly getting a system that will send video. No cell service in area either to do a hotspot or something like that. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/pathwalker1991
    [link] [comments]

    What am I going to miss out by choosing Ring as my alarm system?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 02:07 AM PST

    I think I'm going to pick Ring as my alarm system for my new house. I don't want expensive subscriptions of 40€+/month as with other providers here in Spain, in fact, I think I won't even buy Ring subscription as I don't need the extra features.

    Amazon Spain is going to start selling several 5 to 10 pieces kit in some days, so my idea is to purchase either the 5 or the 7 pieces.

    My question is, is there any reason to avoid Ring and use something else? Is there something cool I'm going to miss out because it's not available in Ring? What would be that alternative?

    submitted by /u/yzT-
    [link] [comments]

    Hikvision Bispectral Thermal Camera and NVR

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 05:41 AM PST

    The bispectral cameras are essentially a regular camera paired with a thermal camera. When I go to set it up via the cameras IP address I can see both cameras listed and can preview both pictures. However, now that it's connected to the NVR (hikvision iDS-7716NXI-I4/16P) I can only see the regular camera feed. There's no way to add the thermal camera stream. Any ideas who I can get both streams on the NVR?

    submitted by /u/gasmanc
    [link] [comments]

    Stupid Question from someone who should know better - what is currently viewed as the best alarm system (ideally somewhat “Smart”.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 03:39 AM PST

    For some background I used to install hard wired security systems, experienced with Google Smart home and Nest. Also with networking and NAS's such as Synology. But I just get very mixed messages on what is currently viewed by the wider population as to what is the best system. I already have a number of cameras connected to my Synology NAS. But looking for more of a arm and disarm cycle with a motion detector

    submitted by /u/cryingcunt
    [link] [comments]

    New Remote for Jablotron Oasis

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 02:38 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I have an Oasis Jablotron control panel on my alarm system.

    One of the remotes stopped working - it just didn't work with the alarm system anymore and seemed to be faulty - so I have bought a new one.

    Not entirely sure how to install it. From the manual, it says to put my control panel into Service Mode but I'm struggling to get that far. Any tips? I have been trying *1 and 8080 (the factory default) but these are not working for me.

    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

    Kind regards,
    Joe.

    submitted by /u/Which-Alfalfa9171
    [link] [comments]

    Аnybоdy cаn Pick yоur Loсk reаlly eаsy and fast !!! Be carеful !!!

    Posted: 01 Nov 2020 09:45 AM PST

    Guidance on sentry sprinkler systems

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    With regards to something like this, where do you toe the line with causing harm to possible intruders? High pressure water can cause bodily injury, but I don't want to just have it lightly mist someone either.

    https://www.casebriefs.com/blog/law/torts/torts-keyed-to-dobbs/defenses-to-intentional-torts-privileges/katko-v-briney/

    I was looking at this case and it seems like the main thing is if you intend to cause harm or not. Obviously a water jet is much better than a shotgun but I wanted to be clear on this. Something else I'm looking into is hooking up the motion activated sprinkler to greywater.

    submitted by /u/transfo47
    [link] [comments]

    Geeni wi-fi camera won't connect. Continues to flash red. Seemed to have tried everything.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment