• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 1, 2020

    Home security: Major security issue with Nest cameras

    Home security: Major security issue with Nest cameras


    Major security issue with Nest cameras

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    I wanted to share with you all a major security issue I found with the Nest cameras. You can watch live video and scrub back through history very nicely. But if you lose power (or wifi) to a camera, you instantly lose the ability to see the camera on the Nest app AND you lose the ability to see your video history until the power (or wifi) comes back on. So imagine this, a burglar comes to your house and cuts the power (or just breaks a camera). You hear something outside and try to see what's going on and now you've instantly lost your ability to see what just happened since the history is lost as well.

    I reached out to Nest to report this and they don't see this as an issue at all. They kept insisting "of course you won't see video if the power if cut" and I replied "I am fully aware of that, but the HISTORY should not be lost in the meantime." I have 6 Nest cameras and once I found that out, I feel completely vulnerable. Once I find a viable alternative I will be switching away from Nest and their "ignorance is bliss" mentality.

    submitted by /u/gunsoverbutter
    [link] [comments]

    Geeni wi-fi camera won't connect. Continues to flash red. Have seemed to try everything.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    Best outdoor home camera that records and allows me to view the recordings the day after

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    What's the best home outdoor camera that records video? Looking for something that I can watch overnight recording of anything happening on my property. Just for the last couple nights not looking for days worth of recording

    I have a google nest bell but that only shows recording for the past 3 hours. Any suggestions?

    Update: Fairly average house 2500 sqft, driveway range is about 10m, budget is about 250 max(not sure if this is reasonable but want to make a one time purchase worth it). Climate is gta so like fairly cold winters of about -30 Max and 35 in summers, do have a covered porch so protection of rain/snow

    submitted by /u/FatherToAll
    [link] [comments]

    How to renovate old hardwired system from the 1980s?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    How do you renovate old hardwired system from the 1980s?

    submitted by /u/slkfj08920
    [link] [comments]

    Eufy home security system wireless

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Can someone tell me whether i can setup without an ethernet connection , i have wifi from across the street. Please ask any questions and i can answer. Maybe u guys can help

    submitted by /u/jtl3000
    [link] [comments]

    New rental with cameras / DVR

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    Hello fellow Redditors!

    My wife and I recently started renting a home with a pre-installed camera system. The owner has stipulated he has no interest in making sure the cameras work as he bought the house with that same stipulation. He never did even tried it.

    I was wondering if anyone would know we all how to make this work? Here's the setup as far as I can tell.

    There 8 cameras outside that are connected to coaxial cables.

    Located in a closet is a DVR that has 8 coaxial cables coming from the wall hooked up. I assume that all cameras are wired into this DVR through the coaxial cables. There is also a USB connected mouse and a VGA connected monitor connected to the DVR.

    Here are some Pictures of DVR

    When I power up the DVR and the monitor I can access the user interface and there is a box for each camera however none of the cameras show any video.

    Is there something else I should be doing?

    submitted by /u/XxSchismxX
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best DIY home security system right now?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    Bought a new house and want to install a nice security system without all the contracts and nonsense.

    I was looking at ring but wanted to see if anyone had any advice or or against their service.

    Really just need the basic needs- front door camera, maybe a few motion detection pieces, and most importantly something that triggers an alarm if someone does break in while we're here or away.

    That was one thing I couldn't find online with Ring. Does it set off an alarm when someone breaks in or does it just send a notification to your phone?

    Thanks in advance,

    submitted by /u/WvuHusker
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment