• Breaking News

    Friday, November 27, 2020

    Home security: Any tips on making a DIY 'Panic Room' ?

    Home security: Any tips on making a DIY 'Panic Room' ?


    Any tips on making a DIY 'Panic Room' ?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 05:59 PM PST

    I'm looking at turning our owners bathroom into a panic room. Specifically looking to replace the door with something that looks nice but will hold. Any other ideas are welcome!

    submitted by /u/irishican
    [link] [comments]

    House sitting at a house with DSC alarm that is beeping.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 08:49 PM PST

    Hello, as the title says I am house sitting at a house with a DSC alarm that keeps beeping. It did it last night and is again tonight. When I check what zone it says "living room patio door" and "living room motion". I have checked all the doors and they are all closed. I saw online that it could be due to low battery but when I check the panel is says "there is no service required". I texted the home owners but they are in a different time zone so I'm not sure when I'll hear back from them. What should I do? Am I about to be murdered hahahah

    submitted by /u/noodleruby57
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a house, Not sure what security system I have.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 08:16 AM PST

    Hi all, first Reddit post! I purchased my first home and moved it in and I'm curious what kind of security system the previous owner had in place. I was thinking Simplisafe, but I have no clue in finding the info. All of the sensors have no names on them (ODD!). Please see the below image for reference.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!!!

    https://imgur.com/gallery/vw5fWF7

    submitted by /u/PussyWillow_Dottie
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to take advantage of Black Friday deals to get a security camera system for new house, but I'm completely overwhelmed with choices.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 08:21 PM PST

    I'd like to get a video doorbell and 2-4 cameras around the house.

    I'm on a tight budget, around $400, so don't need anything too fancy.

    Right now i got Eufy 2C cam kit and doorbell in my amazon shopping cart, but the more im reading about these system, the more im leaning towards a wired one.

    I'd like the cameras and doorbell to work on the same app.

    No monthly fees

    Nightvision sounds pretty important?

    Floodlights? Motion Sensors? Microphones? idk if any of that is really needed

    1k, 2k, 4k doesnt really matter, so long as the picture quality is good enough.

    Easy to set up / idiot proof

    Black color would be preferred.

    Any other important features that im missing?

    If anyone got any recommendations, id highly appreciate it cuz my head is starting to hurt from trying to compare all these camera systems =(

    submitted by /u/Anton_O
    [link] [comments]

    WST-232 Sensor External Input to Monitor Window Lock

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:39 PM PST

    Hello,

    I'm in the process of switching over to a Honeywell alarm system. I have some wST-232 wireless sensors that allow for an external contact input. For securing double hung windows in the past I've used wireless monitors with the sensors on one sash and the magnet on the other. However, I also felt that was easily noted from the exterior and potentially therefore easy to trick with a magnet.

    I was wondering if it'd be possible to use the external input on these sensors to somehow monitor the lock on a window. This could then detect either sash being opened (normally or by force) as well as any lock that was accidentally left unlocked.

    Anyone done this before?

    submitted by /u/hooraysimpsons
    [link] [comments]

    Override ADT/Visonic alarm?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 11:45 AM PST

    Hi, we have a Visonic Powermaster 10. It was here when we moved in. We didn't renew the contract with ADT, we just use it 'off grid' if you like. Now an error code has appeared saying 'GSM Fail to Communicate' which I gather is to do with the internal GPRS chip. Does anyone know if there's a way to override this issue so we can still set the alarm? It doesn't need to communicate with ADT as we use it remotely.

    submitted by /u/scatteredzero
    [link] [comments]

    How to record certain outbursts of noise? video not required.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 11:14 AM PST

    Is there a device that I can for instance set up to record audio only above a certain db wherever I put? I do not need it to be able to record video just audio.

    Preferably I can set up it up with batteries and a SD card but not 100% necessary.

    submitted by /u/lol8965
    [link] [comments]

    Any good alarm system deals coming up for Black Friday? I bought a ring 5pc system to replace my old ADT Honeywell system but am not sure that’s the way I wanna go.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 06:41 AM PST

    Ademco Vista viewing fields question

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 08:16 AM PST

    I need to change some fields on my vista panel. For instance field 62 I need to make 10. When I do a #62 it shows 01 followed by 00 and then stops at 00. Does this indicate the field is already a 10?

    When I view field 75 I get 10 follower by 00

    submitted by /u/sacing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment