• Breaking News

    Friday, November 27, 2020

    Home security: Help with a Jidetech dome POE PTZ camera

    Home security: Help with a Jidetech dome POE PTZ camera


    Help with a Jidetech dome POE PTZ camera

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 09:58 AM PST

    I thought I knew what I was doing but I guess not. I was attempting to find the camera on my network. I got to the point that I had to plug the camera directly into my computer to then change the IP address. I found the camera that way and I changed the IP address, but must not have chosen the right IP address because it didn't work. I wanted to troubleshoot the address but now it's totally disappeared. It won't show up as a connection when it's directly connected to my computer. I'm just not sure where to go from here. A part of me thinks its just coincidence and the splitter is actual defective. But I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion before I return it?

    submitted by /u/WilburTronix
    [link] [comments]

    Are NVRs bridges or routers?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 06:42 AM PST

    Reading the manuals for Amcrest and Reolink NVRs, it seems that the POE ports end up as just bridge connection to what ever network the NVR net connection is plugged into rather than a separate net.

    Is this correct that I can separate the POE devices from the network that the rest of the house uses?

    Can the NVR provide it's own DHCP and DNS forwarding functions?

    submitted by /u/Uncle_Bill
    [link] [comments]

    Self monitoring home security system with automated schedule?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 01:14 PM PST

    Ring Camera Battery

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 05:08 PM PST

    Hey so I recently bought a Ring Stick Up Cam (I know, not the best) but I also was looking to buy a spare battery. They typically cost $30 but I decided to cheap out and get a $15 "Genuine" Ring battery on eBay for $15. It looks authentic but is there any security risks I should be worried about before using the battery or am I most likely okay?

    submitted by /u/Hugo-Parasite
    [link] [comments]

    Looks for Outdoor Camera System with DVR

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 12:35 PM PST

    Hi there. I'm looking for a outdoor camera system that has a dvr for playback. I would like to avoid subscription fees as those look like they could get pricey. Looking for a 4 camera system. In the past I have used zmodo and absolutely loved it but it seems that they have gone to a subscription based service too.

    I'm up for any suggestions. I would be installing this myself and would prefer a wireless system with power cords or batteries.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Eisotope
    [link] [comments]

    Huge sale on Eufy 2c home kit! (30% off)

    Posted: 27 Nov 2020 11:30 AM PST

    Smallest IP PTZ camera on the market?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 05:35 PM PST

    Hello!

    I was wondering what the smallest IP PTZ dome camera is on the market right now. It has to be at least 2MP and have some sort of optical zoom.

    The smallest I found is the Dahua 12203TNI.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/sarge-m
    [link] [comments]

    Advice needed for alternative to pir sensor for floodlight.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 11:12 PM PST

    I've installed a pir floodlight, but the plume from the neighbours boiler is triggering it. Has anyone used a different type of sensor (maybe microwave) to fix this? Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/NotGiven68
    [link] [comments]

    What Camera system should I get?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 08:53 PM PST

    Hi Guys,

    Haven't done any research yet, this subreddit is my first point of reference. Looking for some pointers on which brands/models of camera's I should look into.

    So, wife has asked me to get some cameras setup on the rental we are living in. I'm pretty tech savvy, work in IT for 10 years, so I can setup pretty much anything.

    Would prefer wireless cameras, so that we don't need the homeowners permission.

    Would also prefer a tablet/screen setup in the kitchen which can show a view of the camera's, along with cloud access/storage. I can set up my own local>cloud storage if its a paid subscription though.

    Also, if anyone has any links to some great black Friday deals, I would greatly appreciate it.

    I'm situated in Australia, this link has some pretty good deals at the moment, with $500 off the RRP.

    submitted by /u/FireDaddyKing85
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security: Alexa automation with cameras and sensors for a complete system?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 06:32 PM PST

    Hey yall!

    I'm in love with idea of using Alexa to automate defensive measures(lighting, announcements, etc) in case of break in or other emergencies.

    Can this Alexa system be paired with a wifi camera system to trigger alexa automation when a person is detected? (I currently have Wyze cameras)

    Can I use android tablets as control hubs throughout my house to monitor and control this security system?

    My goal is to have a complete modular system to monitor my home when I am away, as well as for a break in when we are home. Any advice on something like what I'm looking for is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Vacko1776
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment