• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 28, 2020

    Home security: What do you think of a home safe? I’ve always been skeptical about them as one country steal and cut it, but I’m considering getting one. Any thoughts?

    Home security: What do you think of a home safe? I’ve always been skeptical about them as one country steal and cut it, but I’m considering getting one. Any thoughts?


    What do you think of a home safe? I’ve always been skeptical about them as one country steal and cut it, but I’m considering getting one. Any thoughts?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    How to secure manual pull up garage door? Want to start working in there since I just have a bedroom in the house. What should I do if I’m going to have valuables in the garage?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    Honeywell Lyric Alarm Sensor Issues

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    Hi Folks,

    I recently purchased, installed, and activated a Honeywell Lyric Alarm system with Mini SIX CT sensors on all the doors and windows. I've noticed that the farthest sensors from the panel seem to be constantly losing supervision and are going through batteries like crazy. I've reached out to the company that sold me the hardware and the company that is monitoring the system and both are saying that it's the other's responsibility to provide support. I'm hoping some wonderful Redditor can help me troubleshoot this issue.

    I'm guessing the distance from the panel is causing the issue and draining the batteries of the sensors as they are constantly trying to establish a connection to the panel. I've read that there is no RF repeater that works with SIX series sensors, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next. I don't really mind changing batteries, but the wife is getting tired of 3AM calls from the alarm company telling us that the sensors have lost supervision.

    Any help is appreciated. Thnks.

    submitted by /u/Rhetorical_Legend
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Affordable Door Bell Video Surveillance Unit. California.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    I am look for a good door bell video unit at an affordable price. The area of service is Clear lake Oaks Ca. There is limited wifi and phone service. I have Hughes net and direct tv. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Heavyowl
    [link] [comments]

    Koda Security app problem

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    We have a coda security camera on our garage the app has given me so much trouble, I don't use an iPhone I use a Google pixel, and the past I had no trouble accessing videos. I am subscribed to the plan and it continues to buffer when I look for motion detection. I have tried to reach customer service, I have googled this every way possible and cannot get this resolved . any tips or anyone else have these type of problems? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/zonegris
    [link] [comments]

    The 6 most important home security tips ever

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    Outdoor camera recommendations, please?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I'm searching for a new home security camera system and I've become a bit overwhelmed and confused after doing research. Let me start by covering what my requirements are.

    1.The camera should be able to record 24x7, and capture motion events and provide immediate notifications.

    1. The camera should be weather proof and have outdoor mounting.

    2. There needs to be a supporting android mobile app that allows me to quickly pull up a live feed of the cameras, view recordings, start recordings, and pull up a timeline and historical footage from the day.

    3. No subscriptions

    4. Night vision.

    5. Local storage.

    6. At least 1080p resolution

    7. Wireless is preferred but I'm not opposed to doing a hardwired setup if it is the most reliable option.

    8. It must be reliable.

    This is everything I can think of right now. I will say that I have in the past used wyze cams indoors pointing outside. These met almost all my criteria however night vision will not function when behind a glass window. I have also tried the wyze cam outdoor, but this does not meet my requirements 1 or 3. It only captures motion events and you cannot pull up footage if there was no motion event.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/DrTautology
    [link] [comments]

    Nest Guard Home Security discontinued

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    Well this is great /s. Seems Nest's home security system is discontinued out of no where. Just found out today when I was trying to order more sensors and can't find any available. The ones that are available are 2-3x their MSRP. It's been a great system for the last year I've had it but disappointed that they pulled the plug on it.

    Post was mostly a rant but can also serve as informational to people who have the system already.

    submitted by /u/AWESOM3e92
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help to revive old CCTV system

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    A good spy cam.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a very small spy cam so the turd won't see it when he tries to break my front door again. I'll be able to catch his face. Or her, no discrimination. With either a live feed to my phone or remote controlled turn on (like a GoPro remote).

    I've seen some on EBay and Amazon, but I don't want to spend $50 on something unless o know it'll work. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/FrickWitJohn
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor Security Camera With Wi-Fi or BT & Battery Powered?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    I live in the second building on a property and want to place 3 outdoor cameras to cover my front door, the yard gate, the back gate and 1 indoor camera to cover my front stairs.

    The property owner is cool with this, however he requested I run no wires or make any holes that penetrate the exterior siding. I can make holes for the mounting screws and that's about it. I am thinking battery or solar powered as that limits my ability to run power or video wires.

    I would prefer nothing I have to subscribe to or host in the cloud. I have a spare PC with 5 large HDD's that could be converted and dedicated to handle these cameras. Wi-Fi coverage is excellent and the distances are no more than 25feet from any one spot.

    Does an outdoor security camera that connects via Wi-Fi and has it's own self-contained power source exist? Am I asking for too much?

    submitted by /u/sds604
    [link] [comments]

    Best Simplisafe replacement?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, we've had Simplisafe since March and were really happy with it... until today. Our system doesn't seem to be working and when we call to get some help fixing the issue nobody answers. I'm noticing a lot of other people online have also had issues with their customer service and I'm seriously considering a switch.

    Here is what's most important to me:

    • Panic Button
    • Door open/close sensors
    • Ability to monitor camera from my phone
    • Quick response time
    • Reliable equipment
    • Relatively low cost (I feel like we just spent $400 to set up Simplisafe

    I should also mention we are moving in January, so the new system would have to be able to move with us.

    Any ideas? It seems like every security company has its naysayers and flaws. I know things can go wrong with anything so all I'm really asking is for a company where they will answer the phone and help fix an issue when it comes up.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/anisasmiles
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment