• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 24, 2020

    Home security: Update on the mystery meat savage

    Home security: Update on the mystery meat savage


    Update on the mystery meat savage

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    https://www.reddit.com/r/homedefense/comments/jgq8cg/so_desperate_at_this_point_looking_for_helpadvice/

    Alright I deleted my post from last night since the video doesn't seem to work for anyone, let me try again..

    it hits the tree on the left at 1:46:34, you can see it splash, but I swear its appearing out of nowhere.... it doesn't look like anyone on any balcony threw anything. Im grasping at straws here but now I'm starting to think someone has created some sort of catapult/cannon from another building and is fucking launching it every night.... so anyone have any thoughts on this?

    This one ended up being a plastic cup filled with some sort of black goo.

    I should add, these wyze cameras are pretty cool considering they cost like 20 bucks, but the fact that this thing is literally just appearing out of nowhere is making me start to think these cameras arn't gonna do the job. Does anyone have any camera suggestions that might actually catch this shit flying through the sky?

    https://reddit.com/link/jhcfub/video/kztyh2gat2v51/player

    submitted by /u/balzor
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex 4K Camera Nuisance Notifications

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Hi All... I own 12 4K Lorex Cameras. Model # LNE9282-C. Does anyone have any advice on how to prevent nuisance notifications during night mode of the cameras.

    I wake up to literally 100's of notifications. It's driving me absolutely insane. I've turned the sensitivity down on the motion zones and have adjusted the threshold.

    Not sure what else to do. Anyone have any advice? I could just turn off the notifications at night. But then if I do that. What is the point...

    Can anyone share any tips on what you do for night operation of your cameras to help reduce or eliminate nuisance notifications? During the day everything works great. It's just the night operation where things are rough.

    submitted by /u/laurel-highlands
    [link] [comments]

    First 300BLK Build, Having FTE issues

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    I'm building an area for my CCTV, what do you think so far? More in comments.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    Harden home while I'm away

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    I will be out of the country for 3 months. How do I harden my home?

    I have cameras, 3 inch screws on my exterior doors, locked side gate, security film. My dogs will be at a doggy daycare I found that does overnight. My family lives out of state. I have no friends as I just moved here a few weeks ago and have been focusing on my new job. I don't trust my neighbors as they've been pretty sketchy since I've moved here (saw them looking at me in my backyard from my balcony, etc).

    What else can I do? I'm especially worried because I have about $10k worth of guns in my gun safe.

    I won't be out until another month or so.

    submitted by /u/Expensive_Farmer_609
    [link] [comments]

    Have nest. Now need something more...

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    I'm fairly happy with the low quality nest system I have at my house, 3 nest outdoor cameras. I want to buy one more camera, it can be a different system and platform, it just needs to be economical and I need to be able to read license plates from 25 feet, something that nest cannot do. Any recommendations? Thanks

    submitted by /u/MonsterBongos
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] What do I need to salvage this camera?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:31 AM PDT

    [Question] What do I need to salvage this camera?

    https://preview.redd.it/spsv6pjxvzu51.png?width=1220&format=png&auto=webp&s=eb4afc456bd290f2571e47854d1cf77d360cabd5

    https://preview.redd.it/84uonahzvzu51.png?width=2624&format=png&auto=webp&s=5be0ec97818039ccc495374a358c98176762c8cf

    I was given this camera by a relative for free to salvage or scrap as I please. While I do have a soldering station and experience with computer-related hardware, I've had limited experience when it comes to A/V equipment, and hence I'm not sure what is needed to make this unit operational.

    From a preliminary attempt to search for this information, I found an abundance of information regarding NTSC vs PAL analog signal formats, the former of which would appear to apply to the camera in question. However, the information I was able to find generally applied to broadcast media (with a minority pertaining to automobile back-up cams). From my understanding, all that is required would be a receiver that is able to decode NTSC video signal.

    Given the information available (and assuming I'm interpreting them correctly), I'm faced with these remaining variables:

    1. What is the barrel-tip-look-alike plug? And what should have been the remaining plug's form-factor? Which of them would respectively function as power source and A/V? Note: the information I had found online indicated NTSC usually pins out to 5 wires, but contradictorily I see NTSC cameras with simply a barrel-tip power cable and a, e.g., solid-core coaxial cable for the A/V. This is causing half of my current confusion.
    2. When searching for "NTSC receiver", the sheer amount and variety of devices returned is making it difficult to parse and determine what (if any) the more intricate differences are between them and whether there's any specificity in which would be more suitable for my intended usage.

    Finally, in regards to the intended use, I simply want a PC-accessible (or platform agnostic, if not asking for too much) live stream of the A/V (preferably through, e.g., RTSP via MX Pro on Android and SMPlayer/VLC on PC). The feed doesn't need to be broadcasted to external network, local intranet is fine; I also don't require much in terms of bells and whistles (filters, controls, etc.); this includes recording capabilities, as I can use ShadowPlay to screen capture if truly necessary. This will primarily be used as an extra child escape artist safety monitor — in real-time — for our two-year-old.

    submitted by /u/rannison
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment