• Breaking News

    Friday, October 2, 2020

    Home security: Stand alone motion chime recommendation

    Home security: Stand alone motion chime recommendation


    Stand alone motion chime recommendation

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    Im grateful for your time and help. I'm seeing a variety of these online and am hoping one of you has one that you like. We've had some issues with a variety our wireless devices, different brands, not connecting back to their base station and I'm spoked. They are near each other and it's only through drywall. It's a recent development and isn't always present. I want to layer security and have a few chimes that ding with motion. No remotes that turn it on or off, no sensors that need a second box for a noise. Have any product suggestions?

    submitted by /u/M3atmast3r
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting window protection!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    NVR Setup + Doorbell Cam Recommendations?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    Hi all - looking to upgrade my home security setup. I've been using Wyze Cams for the past couple of years and they work fine for what they are, but needing something a little more reliable. Also have a Eufy doorbell camera which I haven't been happy with (lack of continuous recording, delayed notifications, poor motion detection, no RTSP support) so hoping to replace that as well.

    Requirements:

    • Need something as standards-based and modular as possible - i.e. RTSP compatible. Looking to avoid proprietary tech like Arlo, Blink, etc. Would prefer cameras/NVR that play nicely with different brands in case I add/replace components over time.
    • Need a mix of wired and wi-fi - will use POE where possible but some of the locations are just impractical to run CAT6 so those will need to be wifi (I have a Unifi setup so the whole house should have good signal)
    • Obviously need to integrate a doorbell into this setup - even if just the video feed goes to the NVR and the rest is handled by an app. Doorbell needs to work over cloud/remote (i.e. can view/respond when I'm not home... without messing with a VPN)
    • NVR - looking to avoid the DIY route and willing to sacrifice features/cost savings to get something that works and doesn't require a lot of tinkering. I am tech savvy but don't want to spend a lot of time babysitting my camera setup once it's finished. 1TB of space is fine - not going to be a sticking point.
    • Cameras - 1080p is fine, need something that will be stable without dropping connection, decent night vision. Don't need PTZ or super wide angles or tons of bells and whistles
    • Need remote access to cameras as well as local viewing via smartphone on local wifi.
    • Not sure what a reasonable budget is to set for this whole setup but willing to spend money to get the right setup.

    I've read about Amcrest, Hikvision, Reolink as some of the bigger brands. Seems to be mixed opinions on all. Would appreciate hearing others experiences and recommendations. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jb002
    [link] [comments]

    Remove a DSC LCD5501Z based system?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    I've just purchased a house that's been vacant for over 2 years. It had a DSC LCD5501Z user panel near the front door with motion sensors in all the downstairs rooms as well as a alarm fitted to front of house

    The access code is unknown to me or the solicitor I purchased it from. I have found the main control box under my staircase but I am unsure the steps required to disconnect it fully without setting off any kind of tamper related sensors

    My understanding is to first disconnect the backup battery from inside the main control box and to then cut mains power to the whole system, is it really as easy as that? Or is there likely to be a tamper sensor on the control box and does the alarm on the front of the house have a battery inside that or will disconnecting the backup/mains kill any power to that as well?

    Thanks for anyone who can help

    submitted by /u/neo1607
    [link] [comments]

    Tapo c200

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    I want to access tapo c200 video through my pc, but all the tutorials only show how to do it using the app. Is there a way to connect it to a pc? I've searched everywhere

    submitted by /u/Audxius
    [link] [comments]

    Purchasing new doors. What are the best door jamb reinforcement options?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    I'm redoing my front and rear doors and looking for the best option to reinforce the strike plate that the deadbolt goes into. Both rooms are gutted so I will have full access to all of the surrounding studs.

    Both doors are going to have levers/knobs with no locks and locking deadbolts. I plan to have doors able to be unlocked from the inside without a key for easier egress in case of emergency. That considered, I am going to security film the glass on them to prevent anyone from easily smashing a window and unlocking the deadbolt from inside.

    What is my best option to reinforce my new doors?

    submitted by /u/brend2b
    [link] [comments]

    Want to grant camera access on a per camera basis AND MORE!

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    I just bought Night Owl 4 camera floodlight system for indoors. Oops but I need it this weekend. When I babysit I want to give my clients access to the living room and hallway, but not my bedroom or camera viewing into my kid's room(door can close on this camera, they are not allowed to have company with the door closed).

    Clearly I'm a fish out of water here, my budget is $500 and I need recordings I can copy to my computer for when they fill the NVR. Don't(want to)trust any cloud service outside of dropbox. I will be eternally grateful for help. Please wifi though I can do POE even though it will be a PITA to setup(cameras need to run when wifi is down though- do NVR's have a double network to accomplish this typically?)

    submitted by /u/jhigh420
    [link] [comments]

    Cat6 cable type for POE cameras

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    I will be installing 10 IP cameras. All of them will be mounted under soffits (the overhang of the roof) or above a covered porch.

    I intend to use Cat6 cable for the install. The cameras will run to a central closet where the NVR will be. All runs will go through the attic, and 3 will have to pass through a breezeway and about 3 feet away from 120/240V wiring on their way to the garage.

    It's my understanding that Cat6 (riser, solid pure copper) provides much more bandwidth than needed, and I have installed such cabling before for a computer network.

    Do you recommend shielded or unshielded cable for this install? Is shielded cable and the extra work required overkill?

    submitted by /u/newreddituser7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment