• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Home security: Options for surveillance on acreage without wifi?

    Home security: Options for surveillance on acreage without wifi?


    Options for surveillance on acreage without wifi?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, first time poster here.

    I took a walk to the back of my property this morning. I noticed the remnants of a fire pit, garbage, tin foil, a flat spot where an air mattress was set up, and what appears to be drugs left behind. I want to install a camera that sends alerts to my phone when movement is detected however the area is too far out for my wifi to reach it. I have looked at cellular cameras but these seem pricey. Are there any other options out there?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Rusty_08
    [link] [comments]

    Best automatic number place recognition (ANPR) camera for the home

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    I'm looking for recommendation and experiences using ANPR cameras in a home environment. I'd like to setup a decent camera for outside my home with ANPR functionality, so I can get notifications if certain number plates are detected driving past my house.

    Not too concerned about cost, as long as it's reasonable, or installation style. I get the impression hard wired and old-school close circuit may well be better in this instance.

    Thanks in advanced

    submitted by /u/wetug
    [link] [comments]

    Adding additional home cameras (Currently Wansview)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    We initially bought a wansview QS3 x series camera from Amazon a few years ago to keep an eye on our pets. We lived in an apartment so we just had the one, we move fairly often for work so I don't want anything robust and expensive (for now) once we finally buy a house we will get something better and more permanent, but for now we need something easily moveable like the current Wansview.

    I want to add a couple more cameras since we have a rent house now, and am thinking of adding an outdoor camera for the driveway since one of our vehicles can't fit in the garage

    What would be the best route while staying in the Wansview price range? Adding additional Wansview inside and get something different for outside? Keep the 1 Wansview and use that app (we just use it to view real time) and add a second camera system?

    I would like to be able to store footage for a few days, online preferably but also don't care to spend a ton on this as we mainly use it to check up on animals when gone for longer hours. I don't mind doing some work to make it cheaper. We use the Wansview on wifi and not the ethernet cable currently.

    submitted by /u/Fiijit
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended options for home security camera software

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    Looking for recommendations to what software is out there. I have a few old phones Samsung S7 and some S9s would like them to be turned into security cameras that record 24/7 (they would be plugged in) and record to PC with access remotely. I know there are a lot of programs just looking for some ideas.

    submitted by /u/Stuntz-X
    [link] [comments]

    Front Door Camera

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    Searching for the right one is overwhelming.

    I'm looking for a simple front door camera. Possibly but not necessarily and light and speaker on it. I'm not sure how I could hook it up to power where I want it, so I assume I'd have to go with a rechargeable? in which case I'd be looking for super long battery life.

    Are there any out there that people recommend as "standard?"

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/StudsTerkel6
    [link] [comments]

    https://medium.com/ask-a-bitchface/safety-and-the-single-lady-51c7591cdd5a

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    Just shared some r/homedefense love. Ask A Bitchface has another platform, so I gave a shout out to the people that have kept me alive, wired, and semi straight and narrow.

    submitted by /u/superhawk79
    [link] [comments]

    Any Windows PC Software for the Yi Cameras to Analyse the SD Card Directly?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    I have at 4 Yi Cameras - 2 Dome Cameras and 2 Regular.
    Overall they're pretty good for the price but when it comes to trying to watch footage from several days ago they're a real pain.

    One of the biggest problems is the video is not Date & Time stamped - but there is a huge YI logo on the bottom left hand corner so they do have the technology to overlay an image.

    My neighbour just told us someone broke into his car about 3 days ago so wanted to try and see if there is any footage but it's a real pain using the Android software for so many days ago - was hoping there was a way to put the SD Card in my Windows PC and view it directly

    submitted by /u/AlwaysLearningUK
    [link] [comments]

    Best solid steel door with metal or solid steel core vs mediocre steel door filled with cement? Which is stronger? Can both be drilled with cordless hand tools?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    Trying to understand which door will force vandals to go through wall instead of door?

    Can a solid core steel door or a cement filled steel door be hinged on a standard wooden framed room with wood studs?

    submitted by /u/CandleTime3524
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for hard-wired cameras providing live feed?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    I am looking for a solid home security surveillance. Hard-wire, live feed, and not made in China due to security threats. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/friendlyneighbornice
    [link] [comments]

    Home security systems in Canada

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    First time poster here! Please go easy on me as I learn the ropes.

    We are wanting a security system that is self monitoring. We are currently with a V company and are paying $85 a month to have piece of mind that we actually the house. Truly, all we want is to be able to check, and if need be, lock our home.

    Could anyone suggest an app/company we could go with that has a low fee for connecting our existing smart locks to our phones? As mentioned we are in Canada so it obviously would need to work here. TIA.

    submitted by /u/SkfarmgrlturnedMomma
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment