• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Home security: Doorbell camera system that DOES NOT cooperate with police or government agencies

    Home security: Doorbell camera system that DOES NOT cooperate with police or government agencies


    Doorbell camera system that DOES NOT cooperate with police or government agencies

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a multi-door doorbell camera system with wifi, managed with one app, motion detectors, and all that good shit, but with personal privacy my main concern. Locally stored data, that's easily/automatically permanently deleted, and most importantly ABSOLUTELY NO cooperation with police or other government agencies.

    Are there any privacy-minded devices/services out there to look into? I want to be the only person who'll ever see what my cameras see.

    submitted by /u/BlarpUM
    [link] [comments]

    Commercial Steel door vs cement filled steel door? Can both be penetrated easily with cordless or mobile power tools?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:26 AM PDT

    How do I force vandals/thieves to go through a wall?

    How do I stop them from getting through the wall?

    submitted by /u/CandleTime3524
    [link] [comments]

    Lens Attachments

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    I've seen lens attachments for phone cameras with great reviews, has anyone tried some custom engineering to use one on a security camera? Or better yet are there any attachments already designed for this?

    submitted by /u/JustAMoronOnAToilet
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm.com systems for monitored intrusion/fire/co

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    Have been researching Alarm.com systems as an alternative to buying an Abode or SimpliSafe system due to recommendations on this forum. Please help me understand this system - Please correct or confirm below:

    Hardware: Alarm.com makes hardware standards, and many companies sell both the hardware and monitoring, and a user can choose between self install and pro install? Seems like they offer multiple brands. I see Qolsys IQ 2+ mentioned here. Is that the best one?

    Monitoring Scope: You can select from multiple companies to monitor the system, and people here recommend Surety. However it seems some of the monthly costs are related to access to functions such as leak detection and temperature. If I own the system why do I pay for access to functions? Or is the cost only to monitor those functions and if I want to use those functions and self monitor there is no extra cost?

    Monitoring Cost: Surety monitoring is $19/m. Seems if there is competition in this space there should be other companies that offer similar services for comparable costs, but the other alarm.com monitoring I found seems far more expensive. Is there really competition in this space or is Surety an outlier?

    Connection Type: I'd prefer both internet and cellular backup. Is that available with these systems and if so, does that increase the monthly cost?

    Any info on the above would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Wondering_if
    [link] [comments]

    Does ADT Command still offer the optional 2nd keypad?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    I recently upgraded to the ADT Command with the new touchscreen system/4G connectivity and feel like it's a downgrade from my previous 6 year old 3G ADT system. Why? ADT keeps telling me they don't offer an optional secondary keypad (even though their FAQ website specifically acknowledges the existence of a secondary keypad unit) so now I only have one keypad.

    I live in a 3 story townhouse, and with the only keypad on the 1st floor, this means I won't be able to hear anything if someone happens to break in while I'm on the 3rd floor even with the system armed. With my previous 6 year old system I could at least hear the secondary keypad on the 3rd floor give a long continuous beep so that I'd know if a door was opened or alarm was pending a PIN to disarm.

    Also, the alarm on the new system is also nowhere near as loud as my previous system. The ADT technician showed me the alarm and it was basically just a high pitched sound from the keypad which would be completely inaudible to my neighbors (he waited out the time frame and did not enter the PIN so that the system could freak out). My old system used my townhome's hardwired siren which scared the living daylights out of me the first time I heard it and would most certainly alert my entire neighborhood that something's up.

    Am I just getting bad info on the secondary keypad and or did I get a botched install with the new alarm being totally crap? At this point I wish I had just stuck with my old system.

    submitted by /u/Adub497
    [link] [comments]

    Tuya Zigbee + GSM Alarm System.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    Does have somebody tried to implement this Zigbee alarm system? It seduces me to use zigbee+gsm and Tuya in the same equipment. But I can't find too many reviews or recommendations.

    The internet in my home is very unstable and I would like to have a backup plan using zigbee and GSM for SMS notifications. I would like your opinions.

    Id like to use Tuya and zigbee for interconnect other zigbee devices.

    Thanks.

    Model Number:HAK-H2

    2.4Ghz Wireless Security Alarm System Gsm Wifi Zigbee Wifi Siren With Door Pir Sensors

    http://m.securityalarm-system.com/sale-12767018d-2-4ghz-wireless-security-alarm-system-gsm-wifi-zigbee-wifi-siren-with-door-pir-sensors.html

    submitted by /u/DarthJCSidious
    [link] [comments]

    Alternatives to frontpoint

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    We've had frontpoint for close to 5 years and are now moving to a new home. I am out of contract with Frontpoint and so want to move to a new provider (if it makes sense). I love everything about frontpoint except for their monthly monitoring fee of $45 per month.

    Can someone recommend alternatives? I see there are ways to take the frontpoint equipment to my new home and hook it up with another alarm.com provider. Is this a good alternative given that my equipment is already 5 years old?

    If going with a new provider, any recommendations? Confused between simplisafe and nest. I don't have or want cameras. I need doors + windows and motion sensors + fire sensors with monitoring.

    submitted by /u/losingwt
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi camera and Eduroam

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, quick question albeit not simple. I'm working in a lab inside an university and I need to monitor the expensive equipment stored inside. I don't have access to routers or direct lines, only to the campus WiFi which is eduroam.

    In order to connect to eduroam manually a certificate must be installed inside the device connecting (for example android) or by using an app in order to do it automatically. I'm afraid that it could be impossibile to make eduroam work with proprietary apps (like xiaomi home) that require a normal password protected WiFi.

    Do you know or have former experience on WiFi cameras that could have such degree of flexibility in connectivity?thanks

    I have a switch and tought about POE webcams, but I don't know enough on how they function before starting fiddling with network settings

    submitted by /u/Rudral
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment