• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    Home security: New CCTV/NVR software release for Raspberry Pi

    Home security: New CCTV/NVR software release for Raspberry Pi


    New CCTV/NVR software release for Raspberry Pi

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    I'm happy to announce PiNVR.

    PiNVR allows users to view, record and control cameras using a Raspberry Pi.

    The major features have been completed and and PiNVR is now available for download.

    Visit https://www.pinvr.net for more information.

    Main features

    - Privacy focused

    - Supports ONVIF compatible IP cameras

    - Supports Raspberry Pi onboard cameras

    - HTML5 responsive viewing (no app required)

    - Records to a browser compatible MP4 format

    - Motion detection with object filtering

    - Controls PTZ or HTTP endpoints

    - Runs on-premise without an internet connection

    - Compatible with Remote.It for remote viewing

    - C++ with hardware acceleration allows for many cameras

    The Basic version is available at no cost with no registration required.

    The Pro version is available for a small fee that adds more advanced motion detection, transcoding and more recording options.

    Feedback is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/nvrguy
    [link] [comments]

    Open to suggestions

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Currently have a Synology NAS and a Dell Home server - looking for suggestions on a wireless video surveillance system for the outside home. Need to go with battery powered as well.

    Appreciate any suggestions.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/zer0moto
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best integrated home security/smart home platform?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    I have tired several wifi smart home items. cameras, smart things, Eufy, Wyze, door sensors, peices. And it is just a pile of stuff that doesn't integrate with each other. Here is what I'm looking for:

    Wired cameras, that when viewing the area indoor or outdoors: I can turn the given lights on in the camera viewing screen, not go to a separate app or screen.

    When seeing who is at the door: Be able to have a conversation Turn the light on Unlock the door All in the same camera view.

    I don't know if there is a system at any price that can do these things but would like to see if anything is close.

    submitted by /u/r_J_locks
    [link] [comments]

    Advice needed for first home security system

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    Hi all! I am super new to all of this and would like some advice ... I currently have two Wyze cameras outside my house and to be honest ... their quality is absolute garbage. I would like to upgrade to a proper camera system that will allow me to view clearly out into the road as well as around my home. Here are some more details

    1. Super important for me to be able to read license plates. I understand that angles and distance directly affect this, so I hope there is a camera I can pair with a system that will excel at this. I am willing to dedicate one entirely to this function.
    2. I would like to have an application that notifies me of motion, HUGE bonus points if it can distinguish people from regular motion.
    3. Weatherproof, I live in the Northeast of the USA.
    4. A mobile app would be nice
    5. At least 4-5 cameras
    6. Under or around $600, willing to bend the budget for the right setup.
    7. I don't care if it's wireless or not, I can run wires and have the perfect spot for them to enter the home.
    8. The distance between my front door and the road is about 20 feet, the cameras would be mounted under my roof so they'd also be at about a 45-degree angle from the ground.

    I need help with deciding on a system, I have done a little bit of research but I am finding it difficult to figure out what camera brand would be best. Any help is much appreciated, thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/FirstFrostBite
    [link] [comments]

    Cancelling ADT after 3 Day Window - Only one week of service

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    Hi there! I'm seeing a lot of horror stories sounding like the one I'm in. I recently signed up for ADT a little over a week ago (10/9) and within three days of having it, did some research and saw online a different monthly cost and the 36 year contract agreement that I did not know about. A brand manager approached me with a new home owners offer and basically made the service sound amazing, that I was getting a great deal, there's a list of people on the wait list, etc. etc. Going through the process, he never went over the contact with me or shared that it was a 36 month agreement that I was signing up for. I didnt even see a contract and thought I was buying the monthly service, not a three year service. I'm a young female in my 20s and live with two male roommates. The need for security in the first place doesn't even seen like a priority, but again I thought I was getting the deal of a lifetime the way the brand manager pitched it to me. I feel completely taken advantaged of.

    I tried calling customer service and am awaiting a phonecall from the supervisor tomorrow to talk about it further. That was after I emailed the company Safe Haven, and received a response denying my cancellation per the terms of the contract. They sent me a copy of the contract, which was the very first time I saw it. Also, I didn't say yet, but I have proof of attempting to clarify the agreement with the brand manager WITHIN the 3 day cancellation grace period without penalty. The brand manager has completely ghosted me. Never got back to the text when I was questioning the agreement and now over a week later, nothing. I sent the evidence, which is in the form of text, to the email I was provided by from the customer service number. Even with that, they're telling me the contract stands. I don't understand what the big deal is to honor it. I haven't used the service for longer than a week.

    My q if you're reading this is, do I stand a chance having the grace period honored? I know ADT is a big corp. I have the evidence that I was not clear about the contract. Also, the many texts and calls from trying to reach the brand manager. I completely shut off the panel system I was provided and will no longer use the service. I'm afraid they're going to try to force me to pay 75% of the contract if I want out of the deal. If they deny me again, I was considering taking it to the better business bureau. And maybe small claims court. Is that a legible option? If I didn't have the evidence that I tried to seek clarity about the service, I feel like i might be shit out of luck.

    Any insight or past experience is so appreciated!!!

    submitted by /u/hulahontas
    [link] [comments]

    POE Switch To Vizio Router :: Static IP Setup Help

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    Upgrade Napco Gemini P3200

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    I'm looking to upgrade a wired Napco Gemini P3200 system. Want to keep the wired sensors (door, window, motion, and fire) but upgrade to a newer, more common system control panel and keypads. Want flexibility in monitoring either self or professional but want to keep monthly costs down. Any suggestions for appropriate systems and how to find a good installer in my area are greatly appreciated. thanks

    submitted by /u/bhw999
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment