• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 6, 2020

    Home security: Is this a good tactic?

    Home security: Is this a good tactic?


    Is this a good tactic?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Do wifi battery cameras use a lot of upload bandwidth?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I am in a strange situation. I rent a townhouse and the utilities and wifi are included in the rent. I am not allowed to wire stuff through the basement. But I can use battery powered wifi cameras. I plan on having 6 cameras. I am still looking into Nest, Ring, Eufy etc.

    The package at all of these townhouses is 50 down and 3 up. Is the 3 up good enough for 6 battery powered wifi cameras? Will I need to try to negotiate with the landlord to try to up the speed package?

    Thanks.

    Edit: if I use Eufy or Reolink which can record to the SD card will that just not use bandwidth?

    submitted by /u/GarageRich
    [link] [comments]

    Home Depot Security Lights & Home Depot Led Security Lights Specs

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    What is stopping a thief or vandal from using a thermal scope to case a house?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    How strong and affordable are these thermal scopes and what can be done?

    submitted by /u/Dry-Cook4142
    [link] [comments]

    Object detection home nvr/vms/dvr system

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have worked with larger CCTV systems that support Object detection (person, dog, bag, etc) and tripwire setup (If person cross line then alarm but if a car then do nothing). I was wondering if there was any home/small business software/system that supports these kind of features? I have a 1080super ready to go to be used for processing as ideal all the data would be local, does such a system exist?

    submitted by /u/udpaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless camera that does 24/7 recording?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    I am looking to install a wireless outdoor cam to do 24/7 recording w/audio with motion events on the front doors of my vacation rentals (no doorbells). It will be hardwired for power, backup power supply, and connected to a Ubiquiti NanoHD AP.

    I need remote management and would like to have it record to a remote server, ftp, or rtmp. I prefer not to have an onsite NVR (less devices). I have a NAS at my office I would prefer it stream/record there.

    The Reolink 511w looks promising but there isn't much in the way of reviews. It's not clear that I can record 24/7 to a remote server. It is clear you can do it to an SD card.

    I am not looking for any NEST or RING devices that require subscriptions or hubs like Eufy has. I am not against a cloud option...just prefer to use the hardware I already have.

    Any recommendations or advice?

    submitted by /u/DavePCLoadLetter
    [link] [comments]

    New Amcrest IP Address Issue

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    So, I'm pretty familiar with the brand and camera's themselves but for some reason. I'm not understanding why the IP camera will not receive a DHCP address from any other vlan than the one I powered the device onto. All the vlan's I have setup on my 3750G work because I have all of my devices segmented (within reason). I know that vlan 10 communicates with the designated vlan I chose and that the devices that join that network receive a DHCP address and can communicate... So, why can't the camera? Even after a factory reset, changing the vlan from 4 to 10 right as I hit the factory reset button.... still nothing.

    submitted by /u/athornfam2
    [link] [comments]

    Do all LTS cameras work with all LTS NVRs?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    I have a LTS LTN8708Q NVR. If I just pick up any LT branded camera, will it work with this? Also, am I able to just buy any ONVIF camera and plug it in the ethernet and it will work?

    submitted by /u/GroundbreakingMess13
    [link] [comments]

    Cloud CCTV for PTZ camera

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    Are there any cloud recording apps that record your ip cameras to the cloud without hardware.

    For example

    Connect Camera to router via LAN and the recording is done on the cloud side removing the need for a dvr. Are there any subscriptions (not as expensive as iVideon).

    submitted by /u/CCTV-Scotland
    [link] [comments]

    Ring vs SimpliSafe

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I'm torn between the two systems. On one hand I know simplisafe has a good track record. On the other hand rings monthly cost is much cheaper, and Amazon tends to update things a bit quicker. Opinions? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MaleficusAD
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment