• Breaking News

    Friday, October 16, 2020

    Home security: How did my package get stolen THAT quick?!

    Home security: How did my package get stolen THAT quick?!


    How did my package get stolen THAT quick?!

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    Recently had something stolen for the first time ever. (I order things all the time).

    It was the strangest thing. I literally watched the mail UPS driver drop the package on my front step with my own two eyes out my window. In the time I could throw on some shoes and run outside, through my side door and make it to the front steps, package was GONE, in the matter of about 2 minutes. Someone was able to spot the truck/package, run into my yard (without me seeing them out my window, when I initially saw the mail carrier drop it off), grab it, and run off, without me seeing them when I went to grab the package outside in a few short minutes. Looked around and didn't see anyone. This was mid morning (11 am-ish), broad daylight. Safe, suburban neighborhood. Never happened before. Asked all of my immediate neighbors if they saw anything, of course they claimed they hadn't.

    Luckily it was nothing too expensive and Amazon refunded me my money, but it was such a violating feeling. The timing is just crazy to me. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

    I don't plan on getting anymore packages delivered to my house, if I can help it. Po Box it is.

    submitted by /u/cantgocantstay
    [link] [comments]

    Driveway camera placement?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    I'm installing some Lorex cameras and trying to determine where above the garage door to monitor a standard sized driveway. Directly centered would give even coverage of both cars but neglects the sides. Or canted off at the far corner pointing 45 degrees across the driveway?

    submitted by /u/daivst
    [link] [comments]

    Best inexpensive battery-powered outdoor camera

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    We need some additional outdoor cameras for areas farther from our home than our current set-up. We have cameras inside and around our house from Ring and Simply Safe that are plugged in- but these will need to be battery powered and more exposed to the elements and possible theft of the cameras themselves. Looking for recommendations. We're in the U.S., Chicago area, in case that's relevant.

    submitted by /u/Jentweety
    [link] [comments]

    Camhi app connect

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    I'm currently trying to connect to view a camera through the Camhi app, which has been previously set up and is being used/viewed on an Android device by someone else. Inside the app on my android device, I can't find an option to connect to an already set up camera, but only to add/set one up myself. While I can see the camera's information when I select that option to add a camera, I don't want to click through and cause the person who had originally set it up to lose access because I have made an unwanted change. Is anyone familiar with how to this might work? Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/j3nnbunny88
    [link] [comments]

    Huge van with equipment on it, size of bus and a half, is parked across street with engine running after 2am

    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    Okay, so this is a residential area with houses. Cars do seem to park in this particular spot, at night (midnight to 3am), every once in awhile but less so lately. However, I don't know what this van is doing here all of a sudden, I noticed in about half an hour ago. What could this mean, is there anything I should do? As I said, cars come here at these hours, and I have no idea why...but I've never seen a van like this. Thx.

    submitted by /u/nutmegboots
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment