• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 23, 2020

    Home security: X-post: Bf [27m] was caught shining a red light on my [23f] things in my closet

    Home security: X-post: Bf [27m] was caught shining a red light on my [23f] things in my closet


    X-post: Bf [27m] was caught shining a red light on my [23f] things in my closet

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    So, he stopped when I came in. It made a clicking noise when he stopped it. He wouldn't tell me what it was. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I thought a camera, but I don't know why he was using this and not his phone.

    Our relationship is pretty much done and he is very angry and... mean. He still has access to our place, and we haven't "officially" broken up. I am trying to extricate myself from him, but this type of behavior has me concerned and I'm treading carefully.

    And to add, on the other post, people commented that it could have been him trying to find a hidden camera. Does that sound about right to you all? It was dark in the room if that helps.

    Tl;dr Bf is spying on me? I'm really creeped out

    Edit: just want to say thank you to everyone who commented. I'm so glad I posted here. I appreciate everyone's knowledge and support!

    submitted by /u/StanVanManFan
    [link] [comments]

    So, we need to install a traditional doorbell, wired, before we can get a ring (or other) alarm system...right - and will any doorbell do? BTW I found my lost envelope of cash

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    I got excellent advice a couple months ago after posting about a burglary next door and a missing envelope of cash (which I ended up finding, not in the cottage where I last remembered handling it but well-buried amongst a bunch of papers I had grabbed and quickly transferred into a drawer in the main house). That was a huge relief, and thanks for all the feedback.

    Current question. We ordered an alarm system, however due to strict regulations in this area it probably won't do much good, so still trying to find best solution. I understand you can get a front door nest ring camera no matter what alarm system you have. This seems like a good thing to go with, however our front door has no doorbell. What kind of wired doorbell do we need to install in order to be able to move forward with a front door ring camera? Any only doorbell? I know it's a very basic question, we don't want to make some mistake though.

    submitted by /u/nutmegboots
    [link] [comments]

    How to make my home more secure?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    Hey guys! First time poster in this forum. My landlord installed a simple chain lock (the one that slides) on my front and back screen doors. Unfortunately, the way he installed them, anyone can just reach in and slide the chain upwards to unlock it, so it's really no security benefit.

    Is there anything I can add to make this more secure? P We only have it because we have to leave the doors open for air flow and got "broken" into while upstairs. :(

    submitted by /u/Visible-Sympathy
    [link] [comments]

    Security System reccomendations

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Hello to anyone reading this, thank you for taking time out of your day to help me out.

    I current have two ring cameras and a chime pro (in order to extend range) and I read on r/ring that ring shares recordings with 3rd parties. I am simply looking for a wireless security system that does not share my information with anyone and that does most of the things ring does.

    The features that are most important to me are the following: completely wireless (besides the power) app to view live feed remotely

    link motion /contact sensors without needing extra equipment

    privacy (of course !)

    I really only need a few cameras and sensors btw

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/AtlasOnus
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading Ademco 4152/Vector 2000 Panel and lots of 4208 RPMs

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    My trusty Ademco 4152/Vector 2000 has finally given up the ghost, and I'm trying to figure out what to do at this point. The original homeowner/installer left well-documented details on the installation and system--each room has its own 4208 RPM (not 4208U), which both identifies and branches out to every individually hard-wired window/door/motion detector.

    Are there any systems I can upgrade to? Ideally, I'd like to re-use the existing hard-wired devices and sensors, all of which still work, and just upgrade the panel and keypads, but after some cursory reading, it seems like the Vista panels aren't compatible with the 4208 RPMs.

    Would I be able to replace the 4152 panel with a Vista 21IP panel, put in new 6290W keypads, and replace the 4208 RPMs with 4219's, just to keep the existing wiring? Is this even worth the trouble/cost? Or is there an easier option you would recommend?

    submitted by /u/mdw7441
    [link] [comments]

    Software that helps review activity in a video

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    I recently became aware that my garden was harvested by someone else. Reviewing is at 32x constant record. Don't know if mine has some of the features like grid select motion trigger. Is there a program that will let me process a video post with that feature,

    submitted by /u/Davemblover69
    [link] [comments]

    Am I being paranoid about crime.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    Looking at moving. I found a place I like, its a small community on a lake, maybe 20 places in the neighborhood. I looked on city protect.com and in the past year there has only been one police report. It was a wellness check for "203 Drug Overdose" This is kind of making me second guess moving there. There's definitely some rougher looking houses in the neighborhood but I didnt assume people would be overdosing in them! I think I am just being paranoid, I mean the area I currently live in has way more police reports. Idk.

    submitted by /u/GregsPaintings
    [link] [comments]

    Are Pella steel doors good for security?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    I'm looking to redo a door/frame that's about 25 years old and rotting. Looking to replace with security in mind.

    Are the steel pella doors considered a good option?

    Also, what else should I be considering when doing new framing and locks?

    submitted by /u/IDidReadTheSideBar
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink App - Snooze Notifications

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    Thinking about getting some reolink cameras but was wondering if you have the ability to snooze notifications for a short time? For example, if you are mowing and don't want 10+ notifications you can snooze them for 1hr. Last resort would be to just turn notifications off manually I guess.

    submitted by /u/spartyon11
    [link] [comments]

    Fix PoE cam in grout between rocks?

    Posted: 22 Sep 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Big "know nothing" about home-security here. Geek with hands full of thumbs :) I have a CAT5 cable near the front door coming out between two "natural rocks" in the grout. How do I fix a camera there? I assume it is not recommended to pierce the rock? For damage and I would not know how. Is there some sort of "locking-rod" or hook to insert in the grout hole (with the CAT5 inside) to hold a camera? Any recommendation appreciated. A big plus for minor instructions :)

    Finally, any recommendation on a PoE camera for such a location? One that can be accessed from a PC on the network. Recording on mouvement detection on a server (PC or VM) is a plus. If this goes well, I have 4 more cables, on each roof corners (no rocks this time).

    Edit: Image https://imgur.com/QTmUawj

    submitted by /u/TT2_Vlad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment