• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 2, 2020

    Home security: My apartment got broken into

    Home security: My apartment got broken into


    My apartment got broken into

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    I'm writing this early in the morning because I can't sleep. I've already filed a police report I have a case number and an officer came by. When I was gone somebody broke into my apartment we are not sure how but it's obvious they tried breaking into a safe that I have. They didn't take the TV, they didn't take the computer, they went straight to the safe. They broke the lock but as far as I can tell they didn't get in but because of the broken lock I no longer have access to the safe. I know this doesn't fit in any specific category. I post it with a advice flair hoping that not only somebody who has experienced this in the past can give me on advice on how to get over it, but also in the hopes that others can give me ideas on how to beef up my apartment security. I have looked at Door bars and alarm systems all night long and I just want honest opinions on products people have used. I just feel violated. Any advice would be a great help. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/woopdeedoomyhuluhoop
    [link] [comments]

    Panic Room on a Budget?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    I'm looking to make a panic room on a quite tight budget. I'm rather skilled at Masonry, Working With/Tying Rebar, and using Concrete. I can't spend huge amounts of money. Is there any way to make a decent panic room on a tight budget that can't be opened up with a chainsaw? It would be great if it could also double as a storm shelter or a bunker as well.

    submitted by /u/Trench_Ratt
    [link] [comments]

    GE's Concord 3 Security Panel 4G LTE Update

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    So with 3G technology on its way out the door as the major cell carriers (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) in the states are sunsetting these radios by the end of 2021, the security company I work for is preforming 3G to 4G LTE conversions on Alarm.com Cellular communication modules.

    It's a routine and simple change over in most security panels as Alarm.com has streamlined the process. However, the GE Concord 3 panel has shown some issues with a few of our customer accounts. The 4G cell module status is unreliable, does not allow commands to be sent or received until up to an hour or so later and experiences signaling interruption for long durations. Not all 3's are showing this problem but it is occurring more frequently

    Alarm.com technical support does not service the Concord 3, only the Concord 4 l, so my questions are:

    1. Have any techs from other companies experienced issues converting Concord 3 security panels using 3G cell modules to 4GLTE?

    And

    1. Were you able to identify the problem?
    submitted by /u/BlanketTundra
    [link] [comments]

    Burglar Bars, Security Film or Security Screens?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    I'm considering all three. Should I get Burglar Bars, Window Security Film or those metal Security Screens? What one would be the hardest to breach for a prospective burglar?

    submitted by /u/Trench_Ratt
    [link] [comments]

    Hardwired cameras where the NVR isn't at the location

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    So I'm gonna be living in another country for about a year for a work assignment. During that year, I am going to be renting out my home.

    I'm not sure if this is legal or not, but I would like to put some hardwired cameras on the property so I can monitor the property remotely. My parents have some Hikvision cameras with an NVR but it's in their computer room. I would do this, but I don't want anything to happen to the NVR/server itself while I'm gone.

    Tldr I want a hardwired system where the storage is not in the home where I can remotely view footage.

    submitted by /u/Past_Morning5873
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendation for cheap POE pan/tilt outdoor camera

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a camera for my chicken coop. I don't want to spend much, because -- well it's not really a security issue, and my budget for watching chickens and the rats that visit them is low. So I don't care that much about resolution, but it does need to support IR night vision.

    That said, I have a few requirements.

    To be useful, it needs to be

    • compatible with BlueIris
    • Remote pan/tilt (the interesting area during day and night can't be seen from the same perspective)
    • Power over Ethernet (POE). (The chickens get pretty poor WiFi, and I don't want to run 220V through the yard.)
    submitted by /u/charminggeek
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone use the Door Club?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    I'm considering the door club to secure my front door. It claims to be able to withstand two tons of force, which is more than the Ongard or Nightlock. Problem is, I seriously doubt that. It doesn't look like it could do so. My skepticism is severely bolstered via the price; It's less than the Nightlock and the Ongard.

    Is my skepticism warranted, or am I wrong?

    submitted by /u/Trench_Ratt
    [link] [comments]

    The Doorricade or the Ongard?

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Should I buy the Doorricade or the Ongard? Based on your experience, what one would be stronger and overall better?

    submitted by /u/Trench_Ratt
    [link] [comments]

    7 Best Doorbell Chime Reviews | Top Picks of 2020

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    Any recommendation on wireless security cameras ??

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    I'm currently having trouble with my Wyze cam not detecting people. Had my car broken into and went to see the footage and saw 3 people opening everyone's car doors but can't really see the faces do to Poor camera quality. Tips and tricks on helping me catch these thieves would be appreciated thank you .

    submitted by /u/chuysterthegreat
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon’s Blink Unveils New Wireless Security Cameras with HD Video, Flexible Storage Options, and New Battery Expansion Pack

    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    TouchScreen Panel Alarm Systems

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    I had a Samsung SmartThings ADT panel I am looking to replace with another alarm system as the touchscreen stopped working due to a electric surge from bad weather. I don't like the keypad ones as they don't have features like weather info. I am looking for one that is DIY but is compatible with ZWAve. ADT Blue is but it's keypad :( and Cove doesnt have zwAve support.

    submitted by /u/ManchesterProject
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Doors4security locks

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    The Doors4security doors (single security doors) seem to have multiple dead-locking bolts. How far are the throws on these bolts?

    submitted by /u/Trench_Ratt
    [link] [comments]

    Someone possibly casing neighborhood

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    During our monthly HOA meeting, a lot of the community has brought up that there was been a suspicious vehicle driving around at 2-3am with their headlights off. They apparently slow down at some houses and drive normal speed at others. I usually sleep at 10-11pm and I don't have any cameras outside. On the TV in the clubhouse, we did see video of the SUV doing this. Fortunately, they did not drive down my street, yet.

    My question is, what can I do just in case I am a target? What can my neighborhood do in general?

    I am a black sheep of my neighborhood in that I don't have any luxury cars. I close my blinds so nobody can see my TV. I don't take walks with a Rolex or anything like that. I live a very minimalistic and reserved lifestyle. My neighbor, on the other hand, has a BMW, Lexus, loves to show off their exotic breed dog, keeps their blinds open at all times and even I can see their big ass TV and other expensive stuff.

    submitted by /u/LuckBulky
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment