• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 2, 2020

    Home security: Any advice on porch-pirates?

    Home security: Any advice on porch-pirates?


    Any advice on porch-pirates?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    I had a package on my front door. I saw the fed ex truck bring it to my door. I live in one of those shared condo sorts of things where the neighbor's house is connected to mine (think of like a resort) so his door is only a few feet away. Anyway, I was in the middle of my online class that required mandatory participation (yep that's right online classes with mandatory participation). After the class was done I forgot about my package until my next class. Then I saw my neighbor get dropped off by his friend later in the day and he could have easily swiped it up in my blind spot and then enter his home. I'm not too mad since it was a 10 buck item. But like. Just moved here for the school year. Not sure what's the best move. I don't want to confront him because I have no proof. I definitely don't have the money to install a camera or security system. Any advice on porch pirates?

    I suppose my only option is to pick the pick-up store option and sacrifice the convenience of door-delivery. But I'd like to hear anyone else's thoughts or stories about porch pirates too. I've seen it a lot on the news but this is the first time it's ever happened to me.

    submitted by /u/Secret_Count_7255
    [link] [comments]

    Napco P1632 replacement

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I moved into a new house with a Napco P1632 and don't have the master code. It appears there is no way to reset this. Any recommendations for replacement for a monitored panel for a Napco P1632?

    submitted by /u/jay_sugman
    [link] [comments]

    New locks or re-key?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    I just bought my first home. There's three doors and I need to either re-key or buy new locks.

    I would love to hear what you've done in new homes and if you have any recommendations for locks. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/selbydale
    [link] [comments]

    DSC 832 and Battery Issues

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    Hi all I have a question for those who are familiar with home alarms. I have an older dsc5010 alarm that I got with the house when I purchased it.

    Trouble light came on indicating low battery. So I bought a new 7AMh battery and light is still there. After a bit of diagnosing I disconnected the leads and checked the voltage coming through the leads. It should be somewhere around 13.5 or more but I get 10.7V

    Is there something I can install on the side to fix this or does this mean my alarm is crap and now it's time to replace it? I have 8 hard wired zones as it stands and the similar replacement now would be DSC PC1832

    If replacement is required I'd rather do it on my own than go through my alarm company. Before I go down that route I wanted to see if anybody has done anything to restore it somehow or a workaround.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/sks8100
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment