• Breaking News

    Monday, August 24, 2020

    Home security: Please help me build a home defense against someone who is targeting me.

    Home security: Please help me build a home defense against someone who is targeting me.


    Please help me build a home defense against someone who is targeting me.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    I'm being stalked. My apartment was broken into on one occasion and my garage on another. Police know who it was and this person is the only suspect (RO is in place) but the investigation is slow. I joined a program to keep my address a secret and then moved to a new location. I bought EZ armor, dead bolts, a security system, 3 inch hinge screws, and PoE cameras. I also have a concealed carry and weapons within my house and I have spoken to the police in my city about this as well. However, this person has somehow figured out my new address and I have good reason to believe there will be another attempt to break into my house at the very least.

    I plan on adding hinge bolts, window film, a security screen door, and extra locks to the exterior doors. The one thing I've seen repeatedly on this thread is "if someone wants into your house, they will find a way" Which I agree with. My question is, is there anything else I can add here being that I'm not battling off methheads, I'm battling off someone who wants into MY house specifically.

    Edit: I also have a giant breed dog.

    submitted by /u/judohero
    [link] [comments]

    New home came with CCTV cameras all around the house. Is there a way I can set these up to record myself rather than using a company like ADT?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Amazon Ring, Google Nest, and ADT: Which home security system may be right for you - Vox

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    I Think I'm Being Watched With a Hidden Smoke Alarm Camera

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    Weeks ago, I noticed movement within the smoke detector LEDs when lights are out. Once I moved, there was no more movement coming from the detector. I had someone else confirm that it wasn't just my eyes playing tricks because they could see it too. How can I know if this is a hidden camera? Has anyone experienced invasion of privacy in this manner? What should I do? What other subs can I post this in?

    I checked the unit, but could only get to where the battery is replaced, not the internal section. The detector itself is hardwired to the ceiling so I can't take it off myself.

    Edit: I searched around online and found a model with a built-in camera that looks identical to what is on my ceiling (https://www.sperrywest.com/sw2250ac-2/). I've also had a program detect a device on my network that could potentially be a camera.

    Model supposedly installed is First Alert 9120B.

    submitted by /u/Raging_Paranoia_
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on these door reinforcement options?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    We just purchased a new home. We're having a security system installed, but I'm also looking into door reinforcements. It's a low crime area but there are instances of break-ins via the back door.

    Currently the house has basic Kwik-set locks at front door, garage entry door, and back door. We are changing the front door to a Schlage Connect. I'm most concerned about the back door access as we have a private backyard.

    I spoke to my local locksmith and these are the door reinforcement options they have (prices include parts and labor):

    • $370: Complete door reinforcement kit, includes Door Frame Protector, Door Edge protector and set of 2, Hinge Protectors.
    • $148: Door Frame Protector
    • $144: Door Edge Protector
    • $78: Door Hinge Protectors (set of two)
    • $45: Door Guardian

    Would you recommend any of these? If so, what doors would you put them at? Anything else you recommend?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/boglehead1
    [link] [comments]

    Blink Camera

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    Does anyone know to view your camera through the the blink app?

    submitted by /u/zxnuman
    [link] [comments]

    Helping neighbor kid feel sale

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 10:02 PM PDT

    Kind of a strange question, just looking for some alternate ideas, suggestions, or a different point of view...

    I live on a property that shares a plot of land and driveway with another family. Their household is a single mom, multiple children. Extremely nice and friendly. Me, married, no kids.

    The youngest (super sweet little girl?is afraid of her dad, thinks he may try to crawl through her window and hurt her in the middle of the night.

    The mom mentioned all of this to me, and one of the ways she calms her down is by telling her that my house faces towards their house near her bedroom window and that I have a Ring camera (I have a couple) and I can keep an eye on her house to make sure she's safe. She (the little girl) bakes me stuff as a thank you, lol, it's so sweet.

    Again, I don't have kids (I will one day) so I feel kinda out of touch but she's so sweet and shy, and I really want her to feel comfortable and safe over there. I'm over here taking gun fighting classes on another extreme end of the spectrum in life 😂

    This maybe the risk of overstepping as a neighbor but I was thinking what I would want if I was a kid (her mom does not do any home security stuff) and I was thinking of maybe gifting her some type of window sensors or motion lights?

    Her mom is constantly on the go (2 special needs kids). I just want to do something nice but not overkill or overstep boundaries. Just see a little girl who can feel comfortable in her own house. Maybe do nothing is the answer, I talked a bit with the mom but the whole security world is foreign to her. Would love to hear something from someone who has kids or knows a little bit more about all this than me.

    Thank you!

    p.s. There's not really anymore to the situation than what I listed here...and I absolutely want to stay out of any drama that is or may be going on over there, so if even gifting or helping them in some way could be seen as getting sucked into anything than yeah I'd probably want to avoid that, idk.

    submitted by /u/Throwzaway112233
    [link] [comments]

    What is the GB28181 option on my IP camera?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    What is the GB28181 option on my IP camera?

    My new PTZ camera from Aliexpress has an option for GB28181. What is this? Is there any real world benefit for using this feature? No other IP camera I have used has an option for this. Thanks

    https://preview.redd.it/cbbrhyrcqzi51.png?width=497&format=png&auto=webp&s=661d3729106a20424ba7c25a6d1bfff13b4b1a79

    submitted by /u/durianseeker
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn't amcrest qcam ip2m822e work on amcrest app or NVR??

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    Ive been running 2 amcrest ip8m2496e cams, and recently picked up 2 ip2m822e branded as amcrest qcam. I've been trying to add the qcam to amcrest view pro with and amcrest PC NVR with no luck. Changed ports from 9000 (qcam default) to 37777 (amcrest) and still nothing. It's really annoying. I've tried several different apps, and I get either amcrest cams, or the qcams, but not both. What gives?

    submitted by /u/U-96
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when you enter the wrong code into an unarmed alarm?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    Absolute newb question: Will my DSC LCD5500/LCD5501 alarm care if I try arming it multiple times with the wrong code?

    We had the code changed when we bought this house and I can think of a few possibilities for what it might be but I am not certain. Before calling an alarm company to reset it again, I thought I might be able to try codes that are obvious / obvious to me.

    submitted by /u/drumboots
    [link] [comments]

    4K POE Camera Suggestions

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    Looking for "real" reviews/experiences using 4K POE cameras. House is already prewired with CAT6. Had a 4 camera system/NVR - brand (BxxxxxxxxT) but am returning it for a few reasons. So now I'm looking for a reasonably priced 4 camera NVR system that I can install myself; yes I'm handy. Suggestions please. And go... Thank you 😊

    submitted by /u/MsIndependent623
    [link] [comments]

    4K IP Cam for Porch that provides Audible Alarm upon detection

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    Looking for a decent cam for my covered porch area where it would audibly beep or "ding" when it detects motion and/or smart event (line crossing , area intrusion, etc...)

    Anyone have one they can recommend? Prefer good nightvision if possible.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sifu1
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for tips to setup a camera

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I just found this LG LVC-S50HC camera with a lens recently but I have no clue what kind of cables or other hardware I need to set it up any tips are welcome, thanks!

    https://i.imgur.com/lBxRFN6.jpg https://i.imgur.com/SuQlBd2.jpg https://i.imgur.com/FjgpK1C.jpg

    submitted by /u/TheOneAndOnlyBennyB
    [link] [comments]

    Can I update my prewired 20+ year old Home Security System?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    My home was built back in 1997. When built, the entire home was wired for a home security system. Every door and window, along with in house motion detection a couple of the fire alarms were all wired in and currently works fine. It isn't monitored by a company at the moment. I was wondering if it would be possible to replace the control box and just install all the prewired sensors into a new system and update with newer technology. 2 of the 6 zones are a little too broad for my liking and I thought that, if I could replace the control unit with one that had more than 6 zones, I could seperate them. Also, newer cicuitry and technology use less power than they did 20 years ago, so I also figure the battery life during a power failure would be better. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/johnmcd348
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment