• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 26, 2020

    Home security: Neighbor Causes Trouble

    Home security: Neighbor Causes Trouble


    Neighbor Causes Trouble

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    I have a neighbor that is constantly causing trouble with everyone on the street. He cut down a tree on my elderly neighbor's property, though this was three years ago and no one documented it in any way. He also drains his gray water into her yard calling it a "gutter drain" even though it drains everyday rain or shine.

    Our dog got out and he blamed her for spilling his trash can, which was knocked over by wind. He said if she came onto his property again he'd shoot her.

    He was taking pictures of my other elderly neighbor's campfire to turn him in because his wife reportedly has asthma, which is unlikely.

    Just two days ago he struts up my driveway and starts grilling me because my fire put ashes on his car. He said it was going to leave burn marks, which is frankly impossible because of the distance between us. He said he'd be back if it does. After this he just starts pouring out offensive and rude crap about how tough the world is and I can't handle it.

    It's incredibly frustrating, because apart from the tree which no one has evidence of, he seems to operate within the law.

    What can I do?

    submitted by /u/No-Drawer-4103
    [link] [comments]

    So I accidentally let a fake ADT agent in and he knows I don’t have security

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    I opened the door and got convinced to let the guy in and he asked me about security and I told him I didn't have any and I realized it was fake and now I don't know what to do I don't think my house is safe

    submitted by /u/GGFGIT45
    [link] [comments]

    Small Condo Building Security System

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    Our small condo building is in search of a new security system that will integrate cameras with an entry system. Any recommendations (or companies to avoid) would be much appreciated. We want something more high tech than a ring camera, etc.

    submitted by /u/ExxtraCelestial
    [link] [comments]

    why won’t my Floureon IP camera focus??

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    I've cleaned the lens, unplugged and plugged back in, fidgeted with the ring outside the lens and have it fairly close to the router. Why won't it focus??? I've tried looking up a more detailed manual, but can only find the quick user manual I was originally supplied with. The picture is so fuzzy, I can only see vague objects. This is set up in my living room, not outside. Thanks for your help in advance! I need to figure this out before Hurricane Laura comes in!

    submitted by /u/abasltx
    [link] [comments]

    For anyone who has one of the amcrest camera models with starlight illumination, can you see passing cars clearly without blur using the color night vision?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Indoor camera non security

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    Looking for suggestions on an indoor camera.

    We have a pretty large, 4 story home.

    Our children (6, 2) have a playroom on the main level of our home, but also an additional one in the lowest level (2 floors below the main level)

    Looking for something that can either link to a TV, or to an APP so that we can at least somewhat keep track of whats going on while theyre down in the lowest level together.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/jooshl
    [link] [comments]

    Glaring signs that a contractor will burglarize me?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I just moved in a new house in a decent middle class neighborhood. I have nothing nice really. Standard 50" junk brand TV. Crappy laptop. Crappy 08 Camry. But the house and neighborhood is pretty nice.

    I've been letter contractors in to fix stuff. Some are handymen I found on Craigslist and some are licensed contractors. None have been in my master bedroom except for one who was doing whole home ethernet.

    I've let in people from plumbers to electricians to movers to that handyman I found on Craigslist.

    They all know my address now. I never was really good at reading people, so I'm not sure who is posing bad vibes and who is just looking to make money.

    All of these people that came over were people that I called over to do a specific job. None were like "hey I saw that you don't have a security system, let me in and I can install it.

    submitted by /u/Cautious-Blueberry-3
    [link] [comments]

    Os my landscaper gonna break in? Or am I just overly paranoid?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    Hired some landscapers today. They have a truck with large decals of their company name on it and their contractor number and all that. The owner saw my Wyze Cam v2 looking out the window as well as my ADT sign, which I subscribe to.

    I live in an upscale neighborhood.

    We were making small talk. I asked him how long he owned the business for and where he services and all that. He then asked me about my security system and if it works well. Then he asked me how much I bought the house for. I answered both pretty honestly. I never let him inside, but he might have seem a glimpse of my living room through the patio door.

    Am I being paranoid and reading too much into this? Is it time to get locked and loaded?

    submitted by /u/Psychological_Egg859
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment