• Breaking News

    Friday, August 7, 2020

    Home security: Im sure since the quality of wyze has gone downhill there has been an influx of alternative posts in here about such. I am now added to that list of people. help!

    Home security: Im sure since the quality of wyze has gone downhill there has been an influx of alternative posts in here about such. I am now added to that list of people. help!


    Im sure since the quality of wyze has gone downhill there has been an influx of alternative posts in here about such. I am now added to that list of people. help!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    These cameras dont seem to be getting any better and are barely reliable at best. What is the alternative to these? I know of Eufy, and the indoor option. I also need one thats good for outdoors but im not 100% sold on a battery option, so I dont have to mess with it every 180 days or so. A hard wired options is what would be ideal.

    My outdoor camera would be on 24/7. I dont want to have multiple brand cameras. whats a good company that will give me a large FOV, runs on wifi or at least has an app I can check on when im not home and has outdoor/indoor options and is hard wired power..

    I only want to stick with the non-permanent option right now because I rent.

    submitted by /u/succulent_flakepiece
    [link] [comments]

    how to protect ethernet/cat6 cables connected to POE IP Cameras?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    I was thinking anyone can just cut or disconnect my cat6 cable and connect/hack my home network.. how do you guys protect against that?

    submitted by /u/yeahman2017
    [link] [comments]

    First Alert Security System Setup Help

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    I just bough a house and have this First Alert System. I was messing with it and the alarm went off which I somehow managed to turn off. Question is, can someone help me find a way to master code or installer code so that I can actually use it? The last owners who lived in the house previously didn't use it because it was installed by someone who lived in it before them. I have a FA110C

    submitted by /u/JR2365
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for recommendations and input for a high image quality (night and day) NVR Security Camera system that is good enough to pick up license plates (if needed) in street in front of house that is aprox 30ft away

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    I am looking at getting a high image quality (night and day) NVR Security Camera system. I am looking for recommendations and input.

    I am leaning towards the Night Owl IC8 Series 8-Channel 4K 2TB NVR Security Surveillance System https://www.homedepot.com/p/Night-Owl-IC8-Series-8-Channel-4K-2TB-NVR-Security-Surveillance-System-with-4-Wired-IP-Cameras-IC802-84/309811109

    My goals are to have the camera have among the best night image capture quality and have a high enough quality in the day time to capture the license plate of any suspicious vehicle driving 30mph or slower down a street in front of my house that is approximately 30 feet away. My Nest Outdoor IQ camera can not do this.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/BluePhoenix81
    [link] [comments]

    Brinks long-term contracts: is this really legal?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    I moved to a new town where I noticed everyone had security systems. So when Brinks showed up and offered to sell me a system, I stupidly agreed to it figuring that the people in this town must have a reason for installing these security systems.

    I have decided that the reason everyone has security systems here is that Brinks preys on stupid poor people like me.

    After two years of paying them $50/month, I called to cancel and they told me that they signed me up for an unbreakable 3 year contract!

    3 years! For a useless, predatory service. When I tried negotiating with them on the phone, they tried signing me up for many more years of service without clearly telling me that's what they were doing. I'm sure that that's how I ended up with a 3 year contract for a security system on a house I knew at the time I wasn't going to stay in for 3 years.

    Does anyone know what the real legalities are of this? I doubt that a company this scammy is actually following all applicable laws. So what laws is Brinks breaking here, and does anyone have any experience getting out from under their contracts?

    I'm in North Carolina.

    submitted by /u/vanyali
    [link] [comments]

    CCTV Camera system, Need good ideas on what system.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Currently at the business i work at i have been sadly tasked with finding 3 different camera systems for coax (RG6) That are HD maybe even 4k and are just all around good cameras. Needs to be about 8 cameras with a dvr. I was hoping that some of my fellow redditors could give me a hand in finding a good system. :)

    Thank yall.

    submitted by /u/Eleskinex
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment