• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 9, 2020

    Home security: How can I protect my family

    Home security: How can I protect my family


    How can I protect my family

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    Im 18 and I live with my mom and little brother my dad is home half of the week due to work. Recently there has been someone knocking on my door in the middle of the night with the car in our drive way (this is odd for my neighborhood) my mother knew someone was knocking at 2 am but she didn't do anything not even call the cops. I told her to get a gun but she just brushes it off. I have spent the entire week staying up till 5 am just to make sure nothing happens and I'm just paranoid. I sleep with a knife under my bed. ( I have flashbacks of the time my mom had a phone call of when they broke into my home 4 years ago when my older siblings were home alone and someone broke in. She was scared). I live in California so gun laws are strict for me to even get a gun at my age.

    Edit: I also have a dog (pitbull) he's a good boy, I don't know how he would react in a situation like this

    submitted by /u/ZYRTEP
    [link] [comments]

    Security camera VMS software (which one out of 3)

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    I am starting small, one camera and I want to use free software. If everything works out I'll then purchase more cameras. I've been researching some software that met some of my desires:

    1.) Free

    2.) Records 24/7

    3.) Free mobile app

    I messed around with XProtect a bit but it's not as straightforward as I'd like... alot of manual security stuff with certificates and I don't want to go down that rabbit hole if there are easier options also free of cost.

    Can anyone suggest 1 over the other:

    *ZoneMinder

    *Luxriot

    *Ivideon

    I checked the community on reddit for each of them but there really isn't anything. Maybe there are just too many free options and all of them are pretty much hassle free, no cost and don't warrant a large support base????

    submitted by /u/SouthBostonJoe
    [link] [comments]

    Old Protection 1 Equipment still viable?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    I just ended my service with Protection 1 and have all the equipment still at the house. However, this equipment is 15 years old.

    I am trying to figure out what my best option is for monitored security?

    Currently the panel doesn't work because its not getting any connection to Protection 1. Would I need to buy a new panel ?

    submitted by /u/itswhatido2
    [link] [comments]

    Jablotron

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Hi, What is the best alarm system for a flat? I heard about Czech one Jablotron but can't find any reviews... What do you guys suggest?

    In my entrance hall I have camera and nuki on the door.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/phearr
    [link] [comments]

    Home security cameras can tell burglars when you're not in

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment