• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 9, 2020

    Home security: Home Security Recommendations

    Home security: Home Security Recommendations


    Home Security Recommendations

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    Looking for advice. Just got done with ADT and looking recommendations on what to go with next. I have ring cameras on the outside and ADT products on the inside. What do you all use and what are you happy with. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/rgoble21
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any sub-$75 IP cameras out there?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    Not controlled through an app. This would be only accessible via VPN connection to my house when I'm away. I don't want alerts and would like to be able to install a program on a VM on my computer to run as a server to record everything. Doesn't need to be weatherproof. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/iguessarealaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me understand the difference between Envisalink and Konnected

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    Can someone please explain the difference between the Envisalink 4 and the Konnected Conversion Kit? In which case would you use what? From my very basic understanding, it seems like the Envisalink does everything the Konnected does (remote access to sensors), but also let's you use the existing panel and even keep professional monitoring if you wanted.

    Really appreciate the help!

    submitted by /u/raptors_throwaway
    [link] [comments]

    Interlogix 8v-2 Panel - Arming the system without a beep coming from the keypads?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Is there a way to turn off the beep that the keypad plays when the system gets armed?

    It would be ideal when arming the system and someone is asleep.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mikeb3408
    [link] [comments]

    Alternate firmware for my network camera so I can do RTSP and dump CloudEdge app?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    I have a network camera that requires an iPhone app (called CloudEdge) and a web service to use. How can I tell whether there is alternate firmware for it? I would like to do RTSP streaming on my home network, and not require the app (or its monthly fee!

    The camera is this YXWin Outdoor Security Camera.

    Would I need to crack the case and read chip names or something? (I'd rather not, if I can avoid it.) Is it a version of a common camera that the community has already figured out?

    As a camera it's pretty great: amazing battery life, good enough video, weatherproof, and decent motion detection. As a tool that's hobbled by a monthly fee, and the fact that I can't tie it into other devices on my home network (e.g., my Synology), nor access it in a web browser, it disappoints.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/wenestvedt
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble with the Total Connect app?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    Anyone else experiencing issues with the Resideo (Honeywell) Total Connect 2.0 app? The reviews on the Apple store are abysmal for the last month after some upgrade that was installed. I have a Bay Alarm system that's utilizes this app and there are constant problems connecting to the panel and a known bug where faulted zones cannot be bypassed via the app. It unfortunately makes the alarm system almost unusable and the support from both Bay Alarm and Resideo has been poor at best. Kind of an outrage that there is no urgency around this. Would be curious to hear if other people are experiencing this frustrating situation.

    submitted by /u/tcaraher
    [link] [comments]

    How do I counter internet hackers?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    It's possible that this started ten years ago. I didn't become aware of it until six years ago.

    There is some other party of people who are somehow remotely viewing all of my internet activity. I've done vpns, firewalls, and anti malware. Nothing seems to stop their accessibility to my web activity.

    These people stalk me down and let me know that they know all of my web activity.

    Example: I was viewing a white Honda online than in a parking lot near my house there would be a white Honda clearly put in a place where it would get my attention.

    My main goal is to locate the location of these hackers.

    Is there hacks I can do to locate the location of these hackers? How can you locate the source or location of a hacker?

    submitted by /u/0TOLERENT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment