• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 2, 2020

    Home security: Higher res cameras

    Home security: Higher res cameras


    Higher res cameras

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    I have a 5mp cctv system with 4 cameras and an NVR, does the NVR have anything to do with resolution or is it simply recording whatever the cameras send to it? So would it be possible to use (and get the increase picture quality) 4K cameras with my '5mp' NVR?

    submitted by /u/Muk414
    [link] [comments]

    pic of my system, help unlocking

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    a user in this thread mentioned I would be able to post a picture of my system and you kind souls could help me figure out how to unlock it via alarmgrid. here's the picture - thanks in advance, and despite my usual tech literacy this area is complete new to me so forgive me in advance for the newbie questions!

    submitted by /u/yekim
    [link] [comments]

    Buying first home, need to know the best system?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    So growing up we were robbed when we were on vacation, shortly after my parents got a security system. I didnt like how it was something that cost monthly.

    Now years later My wife and I are buying our first home and we need to know the best options for DIY security. We were looking for a system to alert our phones, work with Alexa, maybe have one to two outdoor cameras. I also don't want to pay a monthly fee.

    I looked over a bunch of reviews but they all have so many pros and cons that no two are the same. What are the actual good ones out there?

    submitted by /u/TheSmashingBeatles
    [link] [comments]

    Need hidden camera which will alert me when motion is detected via smartphone (will not share the same network as a camera)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:29 AM PDT

    I need to place a hidden camera in my off-site storage unit. The admin to the unit delivers packages to my unit which requires them to open and enter the unit. I would like to place a wifi camera that will trigger once motion is detected - this will send me an alert to my cell and also trigger a recording until the motion has ceased. This will allow me to know I have mail and to ensure nothing funny happens in my unit.

    The storage unit has wifi but I do not have a power source. My plan was to use a power bank and swap it out with a charge one each week I visit to pick my packages up. So I will need a camera that will only activate with a motion so as to not drain the battery quickly. Also do not want to create a fire hazard so I'm hesitant to buy a cheap one on amazon.

    Also, I will not be on the same wifi network as the camera but I still need it to send me alerts when motion is detected.

    So far I found these ones on Amazon:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0821S2YVW/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A2FNNWWU352INA&psc=1

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PQFJ9L5?pf_rd_r=7SBB5T9ZW5PVR21TAT92&pf_rd_p=edaba0ee-c2fe-4124-9f5d-b31d6b1bfbee

    Thanks in advance for any help

    submitted by /u/MrRed504
    [link] [comments]

    Live security camera. Complete noob here.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    Hi,

    So basically I need a camera installed on the front of my house which I can watch live from elsewhere in the house/back garden.

    It does not need to save any footage, I just need it hooked up to a screen or my laptop/android smartphone so I can see what's going on at the front of my property.

    The WiFi won't reach to the front exterior of the house.

    Sooo, where do I start looking for a cheap camera. I guess I'll need to install an outside socket for power, and an ethernet cable direct from my router. But how will I 'cast' this footage onto a device?

    Any help appreciated.

    Thanks you :)

    submitted by /u/Oldtownchode1
    [link] [comments]

    SimplySafe DIY System - Question about plans

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Hello, I am new in the DIY security system. The house that I purchased comes with a custom plan Simplysafe system and I was wondering if everything works on the app without having the subscription. Will I have live feed of the video if I don't pay the subscription? Also I have smoke detectors and motion detectors, will that work as well without a plan? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Patsheek
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi Camera(s) for monitoring; ideally work with Alexa

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Looking for a relatively inexpensive wifi cameras for my parents' place.

    1. outdoor camera to monitor the driveway area: needs good/long range nightvision; be able to alert on activity when someone comes in.
    2. indoor camera, could be pan type but not necessity. Not so much for security as to be able to check the house condition while away, so alerts aren't necessary. (maybe would be nice if there was also a temp/humidity sensor, but a display could be just placed in the camera view)

    A system the would ideally work with Alexa and be able to display on the Amazon Fire Cube, but they also have Android tablet/phone. Something easy to use (and ideally all cameras in one app). Be able to view live, and recent recording (like the past few hours or day) and alerts. The rural internet is slow, so wouldn't want it to continuous upload (maybe alerts), but store temporarily locally and access over the local network or remotely as required.

    Brands I'm trying to look through include Heimvision, Wyze (although no outdoor), Amazon... but there are likely others.

    submitted by /u/mrsprdave
    [link] [comments]

    Touch Panel security

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    Is there an option out there to install a touch panel home base for your alarm system, but not have it need to be monitored to work? So essentially setting up your own geofencing, etc.

    submitted by /u/wswim
    [link] [comments]

    Turn a non-cloud-based-storage ip cam to one that support it

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I was wondering if it's possible to config something so that any ip cam that doesn't have an option for cloud-based storage, to one that has.

    It has to be a way to config an automatic upload to a site, or a local computer that will upload the videos automatically.

    Am I right...?
    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DvirN
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment