• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 2, 2020

    Home security: Camera/DVR system recommendation

    Home security: Camera/DVR system recommendation


    Camera/DVR system recommendation

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    So I've had a Ring camera for a year or so. Have had no problems with it. But I'm at the point that I need to deploy a couple more. I would like to get a more "in house" set up with a dvr type system. One where the data is stored locally and I don't have to pay Ring. Most systems I see are "wired" cameras. My one deal breaker is that the cameras must be wireless.(as in wifi) Any suggestions or places to start?

    submitted by /u/cobalt99
    [link] [comments]

    Living ALONE in the country. What are some “must-haves” (besides a dog and gun)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    I have two guns. An ar 15 and a glock 19 gen 5. I don't have a dog (or want one). I will be buying my first house in the next yr. looking for a house on 1-2 acres. I will be living by myself. Obviously I won't be home when I go to work.

    What are some must haves? Deadbolts on all entry doors, camera system, deadbolt on my bedroom door, loaded guns near night stand, what else?

    submitted by /u/PHILWILD1
    [link] [comments]

    Vista 20p Zone Fault

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    I recently came back from vacation and when I disarmed the security system it chimed differently than normal. Upon further inspection I noticed that Zone 1 (front door) was faulted. I immediately checked the door and everything was fine. I am now unable to clear the fault. I have replaced the sensors and checked the wiring. Everything looks good. I also checked the programming of the zone and that looks fine as well. One interesting thing is when I close the door the keypad chimes. When I open the door the keypad chimes. Open or closed the zone is faulted. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be?

    submitted by /u/MLWings19
    [link] [comments]

    VINCA's | High quality products and materials for window and security door Malaysia

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    How do energy-saving windows help you?

    Most homeowners' are concerned about the energy efficiency of their windows. This is because energy-saving windows usually exhibit greater insulation features for the rooms within your house. Hence, VINCA's energy-saving windows help to reduce your energy consumption in the environment, minimizing the costs of heating and cooling in your building.
    VINCA's uPVC profiles are based on European design standards. They have been designed to fit a range of window and door frames so there's definitely a VINCA window that suits your purpose. One unique feature of our uPVC windows and doors system is that they are actually capable of reducing noise from outside. Therefore, you're guaranteed peace and quiet and energy efficiency with our soundproof and heat insulation security doors and windows.

    You may also customize your windows and doors with a variety of finishes.

    What are soundproof security doors and windows?

    VINCA's soundproof security windows and doors are designed to reduce noise from outside. This sound insulation capability offers you extra peace and privacy. Based on demonstrations, our uPVC's are capable of blocking sound up to 80%.

    What does heat insulation do for you?

    The uPVC we use at VINCA does not leach into the environment so you can choose our heat insulation doors and windows without hesitation. You can feel the effect with your own hands; our heat insulation doors and windows can reduce heat by up to 60%. When you touch our heat insulation doors and windows that have been exposed to the sun, they are truly not as warm as other materials like aluminum or untreated glass.

    For residents residing in tropical countries like Malaysia which experiences hot weather throughout the year, it would be ideal to find a solution to keep hot air from entering the room.VINCA's uPVC heat insulation doors and windows are an energy-efficient choice that we highly recommend. Besides ensuring the right temperature for your room, heat insulation doors and windows also have the advantage of sound reduction.
    If you have a dream for your home, it's time to reach out to us to see what we can do for you. We have an extensive range of designer security doors and safety windows for residential, commercial and industrial buildings, so no matter what your needs, there surely is something for you.

    submitted by /u/legacyyounity
    [link] [comments]

    Is this system worth keeping?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I recently bought a new'ish (2007) home that has an older First Alert alarm system installed with two wall mounted panels. It has hardwired sensors on all the exterior doors and all windows, which I like and I believe a cellular connection module back-up. The system is not currently monitored, though the door chimes do activate when opening a door and the single motion detector LED lights up when approached. The previous owner used Ackerman Security along time ago they said and I am having them out out next week for a bid. I have read some reviews on them and the customer service is pretty bad but I want to hear what they say still as to learn what I can learn.

    Can anyone tell me what this system capabilities are and is it still good by today's standards. I would like to add a few more motion detectors and realize these would have to be wireless. I am very open to any and all ideas. Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/fastman696
    [link] [comments]

    Moving to a new city, fiancee will be home alone as I work nights. Working in a career that a lot of people have issues with currently. Looking for a smart deadbolt.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 11:38 PM PDT

    I have several cameras with more to come. I am looking for a smart deadbolt though. Anyone have reccomendations? One that I can hook up to bluetooth to unlock or lock if thats even possible. I even heard things about if you have someone coming by to drop in the house, you can generate a one time code for them to get in.

    Just wondering if there is anything similar to this type of product. I dont need a camera per se because I have a ring doorbell. But I can move it to my side door if there is a lock with a camera as well? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ksarlaccbecker
    [link] [comments]

    Can I hire someone to help set up my cameras on the Blue Iris software?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    I currently have 6 dahua IP cams already hooked up and would like to know if there's anyone around the New York city area who's knowledgeable enough to walk me through adding the cameras to Blue Iris, setting up zones and getting alerts on my phone etc.

    submitted by /u/Kingchimmy
    [link] [comments]

    replacing motion sensor battery and adding back to my set up

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    I replaced the battery in one of my sensors today (front point security) and put it back on the all. Do I need to do anything to reset my system to ensure the sensor is working properly??

    submitted by /u/akaramon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment