• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 5, 2020

    Home security: Best security cameras that can see and motion detect through glass window?

    Home security: Best security cameras that can see and motion detect through glass window?


    Best security cameras that can see and motion detect through glass window?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I bought a eufycam recently and it did not work very well through a window. People come and graffiti my wall and i cannot mount the camera outside .

    The issue is the eufycam's motion zone is awful. We have a very busy street with cars and lights and even though I make sure to exclude the roads in the motion zones, somehow cars keep getting recorded even though they are out of the motion zone.

    I discovered this may have Smth to do with Ir motion detection.

    I turn off the IR but anyways, maybe a pixel motion detector is better?

    Any suggestions for cameras?

    submitted by /u/dramaticunt
    [link] [comments]

    Are the unify G3 pro cameras worth it, or is there a comparable cheaper alternative?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Let’s talk door barricades

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    What are the best door barricades for an inward opening door? I have looked at doorbull doorarmor, and doorjammer, but are open to suggestions. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Fortnitewiz
    [link] [comments]

    Best system for limited internet and no monthly fees?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    A family member is hoping to get a security system for their home, but doesn't have much bandwidth to spare. Is there a good security system that stores video to a local machine instead of streaming it to a remote server, and doesn't have monthly fees?

    submitted by /u/StTheo
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to recieve notifications and see my camera's remotely from my android device. The cameras are reolink and i'm running blue iris on a pc at home.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    Commercial Key Fob Locks

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    This is my first time posting in this sub so I apologise if I'm asking in the wrong place, but I thought this would be a good place to start.

    I'm looking for a commercial door lock which is keyless and maybe has a FOB function and also ties into an alarm system. Obviously this isn't for a home. It's for a business, but like I said I wasn't sure where else to ask.

    Thanks in advance for any recommendations or guidance.

    submitted by /u/HardKSound
    [link] [comments]

    Home security: camera & other feature wish list, camera recommendations

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Looking to setup a home security system and.... I don't know where to really start. I know that I have a big feature list is like to tick off, but I'm also a little precious about budget: really hoping to get each device at £50/$50 per camera.

    Mostly, I want my setup to be onvif to use with an open source NVR system, but also able to pipe in the feed from say one camera to a raspberry pi for ANPR.

    I'd also like the cameras to be compatible with Alexa, as there are a number of show's dotted around the home and I'd like to be able to ask for the front door view etc when out in the garage, without touching anything.

    Ethernet connected (I'm wired for cat6), POE is not a requirement but is nice to have if it becomes available for near to the price indicated.

    Is there anything on the market that I can start looking at?

    I've thought about going full DIY with raspberry Pi cameras on pi zero's with edge processing for example.

    My google Fu has been terrible.

    submitted by /u/umognog
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use this existing alarm system?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    Hello All. I have owned this home for 16 years and have fulfilled a few contracts with Protection One. A few years back I cancelled and figured I'd purchase Simplisafe and install myself. Simplisafe just arrived and the entry sensors are too wide for my windows and honestly look ridiculous next to the wired sensors that worked just fine. If There is an option to get my system to work with an app and without paying and/or signing a contract, I'll send Simplisafe back and get a refund. I want to have an app so I can be alerted when not at home.

    The original system has smoke detectors, glass break sensors, motion sensors. I'm feeling a little silly installing this one "on top" of what appears to be higher end. Perhaps I'm wrong.

    Here are a few images: https://imgur.com/a/57IgWRN?s=sms

    I'd love your input!

    submitted by /u/msssbach
    [link] [comments]

    Metal Door and Door Frame

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, here we go. We have two entrances with metal doors and door frames. Both of them have a keypad lock with no option for a key, but no deadbolt.

    On a metal door and door frame, do you need a deadbolt?

    submitted by /u/thisisicehand
    [link] [comments]

    I have a set of cctv camera but the app isn't working is there a way to live stream it with raspberry Pi

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 04:06 AM PDT

    so my dad has set of hikvision camera with dvr for his shop but probably due to ban of Chinese apps in our country its not working is there some way to use a raspberry Pi to stream 7 cameras (2 dvr) to our phone?

    submitted by /u/abir_legend
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment