• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    Home security: Neighbor Threatened Us

    Home security: Neighbor Threatened Us


    Neighbor Threatened Us

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    So my (24F) boyfriend (25M) and I just moved into a new apartment which is in a house that houses four units.

    Our house neighbor (55M) has been a real creep since day one but things came to a head when he made a disturbing sexual comment to me. I told the landlord because I wanted it to be documented in case it became a pattern.

    It turns out that this neighbor wasn't even on the lease he was squatting with his girlfriend. So the landlord told him to leave - this lead him to aggressively lash out at us (screaming profanities, threatened to put my partner "in the dirt", etc). He also got in a fight with our other house neighbor a few days later over a homophobic remark he made about the neighbor.

    It was super upsetting and scary. We share a wall with him and regularly hear him screaming and cursing at his girlfriend and our other neighbors said he sells and uses cocaine. Today we heard him screaming about us and how he's not leaving through the wall.

    We contacted the landlord again and he asked us to please go to the police to create a paper trail for him and his attorney. We told police and asked them to please not contact him (we didn't want to escalate him - landlord gave him 10 days to leave and he still has 5 left).

    However when we got home we saw the police had came to talk to him anyways. Anyways - I'm really scared and uncomfortable. LL said that neighbors girlfriend can stay since she's on the lease technically. I'm just unhappy and uncomfortable about the whole thing.

    We got a security camera and some dummy cameras- FYI. Any advice or similar experiences?

    submitted by /u/mni0ps
    [link] [comments]

    Stalker help?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    I got a security camera - motion activated, Wi-Fi, messages me if it detects motion… But it's not very good. Not awful, but far from great. It caught something on video and didn't notify me for 40 minutes. That doesn't do me any good if I am wanting police to get him before he leaves. I am unfamiliar with spy gear and Amazon is basically just a more expensive Wish at this point and I want something that is good quality, not going to break in three days, with instructions that haven't been put through Google translate. I have a creepy stalker and unfortunately I don't have proof of what he has already done (pictures don't show who did it), so I get to wait until he does something else and hopefully get it on camera. Any recommendations for a small discrete video camera that will notify me when it's recording so I can watch from wherever I am and save those videos? Preferably the cloud, not sd card. What would also be really helpful is if I could find a wearable one of some kind. I already have glasses so it can't be those. I found tons of pens and tiny cubes and things on Amazon but they all look so cheaply made. I've learned not to buy anything that doesn't have at least 1000 reviews, which seems hard to find anymore. A bracelet? A necklace? A pen? Something I could carry with me so if I'm not at home and he finds me I can get evidence? I am on a little bit of a budget, I'm hoping for $200 or less. Definitely can't look like a camera because he'll just rip it off and break it. So can't have a light on it or make a sound when it starts recording. Am I being too picky? Does this thing even exist?

    submitted by /u/kellandrasue
    [link] [comments]

    Gemini alarm system issues. Anyone can help I keep getting this every now and then

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    Suggestions for camera system for prewired home

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    I'm a total beginner when it comes to home security systems and would like to hear from the home defense community on what to purchase.

    We have a home that is prewired for two cameras (one front, one back) and behind the plate is an electrical outlet and what I believe to be a cable that terminates to a closet where we can store the recorder. We bought a wireless doorbell camera and I was contemplating two+ additional wireless cameras but decided that it might make more sense to take advantage of the prewiring.

    I would prefer a camera that could shine a floodlight if that even exists, especially above the garage entrance, or a set up that can accommodate that extra motion sensor light. We think it could be a DIY with how our home is set up today.

    I was looking at the Swann two camera system at a big box retailer but unsure if that's the best option for us. We don't have a particular budget in mind, just wanted something that can record 24/7 and is good quality enough to read license plates and see faces. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/catwh
    [link] [comments]

    What can be done about this Drug addict thief in the neighbourhood? (Trying to enter neighbour's car) 18th June 2020

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    Person circling around 3 times in car and then parking what could he be up to? Ring footage just now

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    He has circled around the alley about 3 times now and then parked, and went to toilet on the bins (charming). This is just 20 mins ago. London.

    And Im not being paranoid, I have caught drug dealers on the doorstep here before and there is a thief around.

    12:20 am https://ring.com/share/6840202359178321905

    12:33 am https://ring.com/share/6840206246123724785

    12:37 am https://ring.com/share/6840206886073851889

    submitted by /u/Strongersecure
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment